/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Marrying mother's first cousin

BaisalChaw
06-09-2019, 05:33 AM
I know that in Islam you are forbidden to marry your mother's sister. But, is it permissible to marry your mother's cousin, who is younger than you (Your maternal grandfather's cousin brother's daughter)?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ahmed.
06-09-2019, 10:57 AM
I think there is a verse in Quran that lists all the people you're not allowed to marry; lets see if I can find it:

"And do not marry those [women] whom your fathers married, except what has already occurred. Indeed, it was an immorality and hateful [to Allah] and was evil as a way. Prohibited to you [for marriage] are your mothers, your daughters, your sisters, your father’s sisters, your mother’s sisters, your brother’s daughters, your sister’s daughters, your [milk] mothers who nursed you, your sisters through nursing, your wives’ mothers, and your step daughters under your guardianship [born] of your wives unto whom you have gone in. But if you have not gone in unto them, there is no sin upon you. And [also prohibited are] the wives of your sons who are from your [own] loins, and that you take [in marriage] two sisters simultaneously, except for what has already occurred. Indeed, Allah is ever Forgiving and Merciful. And [also prohibited to you are all] married women except those your right hands possess [i.e., slaves or war-captives who had polytheistic husbands]. [This is] the decree of Allah upon you. And lawful to you are [all others] beyond these, [provided] that you seek them [in marriage] with [gifts from] your property, desiring chastity, not unlawful sexual intercourse..." [Quran 4:22-24]

I think you can marry her (but double check to make sure) as she is not your aunt and a few steps removed, however it might be frowned upon culturewise, as mother's cousin sister is still regarded as an 'auntie'

- - - Updated - - -

And she is infact your mother's second cousin and not first cousin. She would have been first cousin if she was your grandfather's brothers daughter, but she is one step further removed as she is your grandfather's cousin brothers daughter

Supernova
06-09-2019, 03:08 PM
Asalaamualaykum

You can marry your the cousin of your mother.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.