/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Reading love stories

Aaima zahid
06-14-2019, 12:51 PM
Asslamoalikum everyone!

I want to know that is reading love stories or novels or watching anime etc is a sin ?
Tbh i watch them or read it because i like love stories but once i asked someone so that person said that, it ultimately will urge you to practice such stories in your own life but as i know my self i prevent myself from such things i am a practical person who love Allah and follows everything that He want us to. So all i want to know if i read and watch such things in which i skip something you shouldn’t watch like physical love scene then is it okay for me to read it or watch it ?
One more thing that these things are not based on actual people actual stories all are just fantasy so, it’s also like i am not watching Na mahram people stories.
Lastly reading it is an other matter but to practice it or to fall in love with someone by watching and readings love stories...is not my kind of thing.
I hope to get some good advice![emoji847]

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
MazharShafiq
06-14-2019, 03:53 PM
yes all kinds of these things are sin because it is waist of time and un beneficial things.

Aaima zahid
06-14-2019, 03:57 PM
How can it will waste my time if i am doing everything on time like praying, reciting Quran and fulfilling my regular responsibilities?

Aaima zahid
06-14-2019, 04:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MazharShafiq
yes all kinds of these things are sin because it is waist of time and un beneficial things.
What about your niyat( or intention) ?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Nitro Zeus
06-14-2019, 04:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aaima zahid
How can it will waste my time if i am doing everything on time like praying, reciting Quran and fulfilling my regular responsibilities?
It is a waste of time because it does not benefit you, you need to do what benefits you in both worlds. Nobody said you can't read books beside Quran, but read books which benefits you, such as stories of other's people lives

Aaima zahid
06-14-2019, 04:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nitro Zeus
It is a waste of time because it does not benefit you, you need to do what benefits you in both worlds.
Okay JazakAllah khair

MazharShafiq
06-14-2019, 04:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nitro Zeus
It is a waste of time because it does not benefit you, you need to do what benefits you in both worlds.
yes it is right.

Supernova
06-14-2019, 04:40 PM
Asalaamualaykum:

As long as the story does not instigate sexual desires and lead you into other things, I can't see the greatest harm in it.

If one were to say that any romatic stories are haraam, then they would have to explain all the hadith that have preserved regarding the our beloved Rasool SAW and his wives. Not to mention the ever so romantic proposal story of Hazrath Ali RA and Hz Faathima RA.

Contextually - you know best if this is leading on to haram issues or not. There is no answer that can be given here to standardize your actions. You know best to the effect of it. Needless to say, if it is leading you to haram to stop the action.

Aaima zahid
06-14-2019, 04:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Supernova
Asalaamualaykum:

As long as the story does not instigate sexual desires and lead you into other things, I can't see the greatest harm in it.

If one were to say that any romatic stories are haraam, then they would have to explain all the hadith that have preserved regarding the our beloved Rasool SAW and his wives. Not to mention the ever so romantic proposal story of Hazrath Ali RA and Hz Faathima RA.

Contextually - you know best if this is leading on to haram issues or not. There is no answer that can be given here to standardize your actions. You know best to the effect of it. Needless to say, if it is leading you to haram to stop the action.
JazakAllah khair.

Ahmed.
06-14-2019, 07:06 PM
Whether you practice those love stories or not, the stories depict haram relationships and you are living those haram relationships in your feelings, I.e. you are deriving that haram pleasure of those stories by reading them and enjoying them

I know love stories are nothing extreme as se* stories, but its like someone saying 'I don't do zina but only read about it'. Reading about it and enjoying these fantasies in your mind is haram too.

Aaima zahid
06-14-2019, 07:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ahmed.
Whether you practice those love stories or not, the stories depict haram relationships and you are living those haram relationships in your feelings, I.e. you are deriving that haram pleasure of those stories by reading them and enjoying them

I know love stories are nothing extreme as se* stories, but its like someone saying 'I don't do zina but only read about it'. Reading about it and enjoying these fantasies in your mind is haram too.
Brother JazakAllah khair for your opinion.... as you said that love stories are not as extreme as se* stories .... i want to know Hazrat Yousaf (A.S) and Zuliakha life story was also a love story if reading that is not haram then why others love stories haram to read? NAUZBILLAH i am not comparing them but i want to clear it? We hear most of time that x person got married like that it’s x person love story?
It makes me happy to hear sometimes give me lessons too. And indeed you don’t know my intentions so I don’t think it should be compared with zina.

Aaima zahid
06-14-2019, 07:35 PM

If you can read urdu, kindly read once in your life “Janat ky Patty” it’s also a love story but after reading it tell me what haram things it includes that can be compared to zina?

Ahmed.
06-14-2019, 09:18 PM
If you can read urdu, kindly read once in your life “Janat ky Patty” it’s also a love story but after reading it tell me what haram things it includes that can be compared to zina?
I gave the zina example as a comparison as to how it's still sin. Not saying love stories are zina but it will usually be about a non-Married couple having a love relationship right? And that's haraam too

Aaima zahid
06-14-2019, 10:06 PM
I gave the zina example as a comparison as to how it's still sin. Not saying love stories are zina but it will usually be about a non-Married couple having a love relationship right? And that's haraam too
I get it what you are trying to say ... But now understand this fact:
* In this world we are born, not as a married couple we start as a non-married couple and end up as a married couple in between this there is a story ... for me that is called a love story. If you know your limits, if you have control over yourself then what’s the big deal ?
* Then, lastly i want you to clear me if falling in love first and then getting married ... is it also haram if it is then all love stories are starting as haram and ending as halal?
Lastly, i want to clear here that everything depends on our intentions... my intentions are not wrong i have no interest to read such stories and fantasies that one day it will also happen with me because my story is already written... for me All i ask and pray to Allah that “ let him find you (Allah) before he finds me” so now tell me am i still wrong?

manofIslam
06-15-2019, 04:17 AM
Sister: I'd say that you'd be better off with giving the Love stories away, and using the time to read more of The Holy Qur'an and The Sunnah!

Aaima zahid
06-15-2019, 06:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by manofIslam
Sister: I'd say that you'd be better off with giving the Love stories away, and using the time to read more of The Holy Qur'an and The Sunnah!
Okay JazakAllah khair

saiaa
01-30-2023, 01:14 AM
I believe she’s talking about innocent love stories. There are romantic hadiths about the Prophet PBUH and his wives, would that be sinful? No, not everything romantic is bad, Allah swt has given us love, obviously people are going to want to explore it. It’d be wrong if reading about it leads you to sin and instigates s*xual desires, but thats another story. Muslims don’t have to be miserable. We’re allowed to have hobbies and interests. Would school be a waste of time since it doesn’t benefit you in the afterlife? No, you just have to know your limits and not abandon your obligations. Lets stop calling everything sinful

- - - Updated - - -

I believe she’s talking about innocent love stories. There are romantic hadiths about the Prophet PBUH and his wives, would that be sinful? No, not everything romantic is bad, Allah swt has given us love, obviously people are going to want to explore it. It’d be wrong if reading about it leads you to sin and instigates s*xual desires, but thats another story. Muslims don’t have to be miserable. We’re allowed to have hobbies and interests. Would school be a waste of time since it doesn’t benefit you in the afterlife? No, you just have to know your limits and not abandon your obligations. Lets stop calling everything sinful

saiaa
01-30-2023, 01:22 AM
Okay JazakAllah khair

tbh if you’re not neglecting your duties towards Allah swt, if you’re not reading s*xual things or letting them consume you, I don’t see whats wrong with reading something innocent. Love isn’t a bad thing Idk why people think it’s taboo when the greatest love stories are Islamic too (Prophet PBUH and Aisha RA). Like it or not, every Muslim has at least one interest aside from religion aka sports, knitting etc and reading is one of them. Its mostly men too that are on the extreme about this and I think it drives ppl away from religion. Newsflash you can have fun while being a Muslim as long as its not haram! Many Muslims did archery, horse riding sewing etc even centuries back. It’s not Islamic but its still a hobby!

Nooray
03-15-2023, 06:47 PM
Brother JazakAllah khair for your opinion.... as you said that love stories are not as extreme as se* stories .... i want to know Hazrat Yousaf (A.S) and Zuliakha life story was also a love story if reading that is not haram then why others love stories haram to read? NAUZBILLAH i am not comparing them but i want to clear it? We hear most of time that x person got married like that it’s x person love story?
It makes me happy to hear sometimes give me lessons too. And indeed you don’t know my intentions so I don’t think it should be compared with zina.
With all due respect I would like to tell you that please don't use such words for Prophets and especially for Yusuf (AS) There was no love story between Yusuf AS and that woman and one thing I would like to tell you is that the woman's name is not zuleikha as her name is not mentioned in Quran meaning the Arabic text and neither in any Hadith so the only title that woman had was Aziz's wife and that woman didn't love hazrat Yusuf AS it was just her desires controlled her cause love doesn't hurt the person you love the person you love should not go through pain cause of you and Yusuf AS not only had to go to Jail cause of her tactics but also she tried to take away his innocence by seducing him it's was a toxic relationship she tried to build anyhow I would recommend you to please watch Surah Yusuf tafseer with Ustaad nouman Ali Khan for better understanding and as for Romantic novels I just don't know very well but from What I heard and read is if the novels build a desire in you for something wrong so you should stop and if you know Urdu I strongly recommend you to read novels like Jannat ke pattay,Namal,kehaf,Rifan bil Qawareer,Iblees,peer e kamil ,Mushaf and many more such novels they are pretty nice and they are novels that teach you something you will learn something's which will be beneficial for you

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.