PDA

View Full Version : How to memorize Quran easily?



Nitro Zeus
06-14-2019, 01:26 PM
In case some of you havent yet started to memorize it, please view this thread. Ok, first of all, never start with big chapters, always start with short chapters so that you will gain more power and when u see urself that u have memorized all short chapters, then go to another stage which. This is how I do.

You will need to memorize a sentence x10 and then another verse x10, then you close ur eyes and repeat to yourself and if you havent succeeded, go back again and memorize it for x20 openly. And inshallah it will stick into your mind for good, but dont forget to recite this "rabi zidni ilma" before reading Quran and say "Bismillah" before making Dua.

Pick a time suitable for memorizing, such as right after Dawn prayer, because it is the best time to memorize it, it is time when your brain is fresh from sleeping. Dont pick when it is hot day, pick when it is cool weather and cold, thats a percect time, in my opinion.

There is a narration which the Prophet and his companions used to memorize Quran early in the morning, that is how they memorized Quran.
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
MazharShafiq
06-14-2019, 03:46 PM
Originally Posted by Nitro Zeus
In case some of you havent yet started to memorize it, please view this thread. Ok, first of all, never start with big chapters, always start with short chapters so that you will gain more power and when u see urself that u have memorized all short chapters, then go to another stage which. This is how I do.

You will need to memorize a sentence x10 and then another verse x10, then you close ur eyes and repeat to yourself and if you havent succeeded, go back again and memorize it for x20 openly. And inshallah it will stick into your mind for good, but dont forget to recite this "rabi zidni ilma" before reading Quran and say "Bismillah" before making Dua.

Pick a time suitable for memorizing, such as right after Dawn prayer, because it is the best time to memorize it, it is time when your brain is fresh from sleeping. Dont pick when it is hot day, pick when it is cool weather and cold, thats a percect time, in my opinion.

There is a narration which the Prophet and his companions used to memorize Quran early in the morning, that is how they memorized Quran.
yes these are useful tricks and pray for memorize aslo.
Reply

Nerdo
06-14-2019, 03:57 PM
I do not much like memorizing the whole Quran. Only the needed parts. Like those in obligatory prayers, Ayat al kursi , ... .
Reply

Nitro Zeus
06-14-2019, 04:03 PM
Originally Posted by Nerdo
I do not much like memorizing the whole Quran. Only the needed parts. Like those in obligatory prayers, Ayat al kursi , ... .
Do you know that Quran will be your intercessor on that Day only if you memorize it whole? Do you want to have Quran as your intercessor? Then memorize it. Also, you'll miss many amazing rewards from it, it is pity that you don't try to memorize whole
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
MazharShafiq
06-14-2019, 04:09 PM
Originally Posted by Nitro Zeus
Do you know that Quran will be your intercessor on that Day only if you memorize it whole? Do you want to have Quran as your intercessor? Then memorize it. Also, you'll miss many amazing rewards from it, it is pity that you don't try to memorize whole
yes, it is right and remembering Quran is very good fortune for Muslims.
Reply

Nitro Zeus
06-14-2019, 04:11 PM
Originally Posted by MazharShafiq
yes, it is right and remembering Quran is very good fortune for Muslims.
If I'm correct, I read on Internet that there are some chapters which will intercede for the reciter on the Day of Judgment, so the person can have the Prophet's intercession, Quran's intercession and that chapter's intercession. There is a chapter if you recite it, then on the Day of Judgment, you will not need to go through the Sirat bridge, you'll go to Paradise directly while others will have to go through it.

What a amazing reward! I want to go to Paradise without going though that bridge.
Reply

HisServant
06-15-2019, 02:24 AM
Originally Posted by Nitro Zeus
In case some of you havent yet started to memorize it, please view this thread. Ok, first of all, never start with big chapters, always start with short chapters so that you will gain more power and when u see urself that u have memorized all short chapters, then go to another stage which. This is how I do.

You will need to memorize a sentence x10 and then another verse x10, then you close ur eyes and repeat to yourself and if you havent succeeded, go back again and memorize it for x20 openly. And inshallah it will stick into your mind for good, but dont forget to recite this "rabi zidni ilma" before reading Quran and say "Bismillah" before making Dua.

Pick a time suitable for memorizing, such as right after Dawn prayer, because it is the best time to memorize it, it is time when your brain is fresh from sleeping. Dont pick when it is hot day, pick when it is cool weather and cold, thats a percect time, in my opinion.

There is a narration which the Prophet and his companions used to memorize Quran early in the morning, that is how they memorized Quran.
MashaAllah! Are you using an App to memorize or repetition from the book? I have used this one, it's helpful in assisting with Tajweed as well:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...?id=haafiz.com

JazaakAllahu khair.
Reply

Nitro Zeus
06-15-2019, 07:55 AM
Originally Posted by HisServant
MashaAllah! Are you using an App to memorize or repetition from the book? I have used this one, it's helpful in assisting with Tajweed as well:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...?id=haafiz.com

JazaakAllahu khair.
I'm using Muslim Pro
Reply

Muhammad
06-15-2019, 11:30 AM
السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

Originally Posted by Nerdo
I do not much like memorizing the whole Quran. Only the needed parts. Like those in obligatory prayers, Ayat al kursi , ... .
The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "The best among you (Muslims) are those who learn the Qur'an and teach it." [Sahih al-Bukhari 5027]

Ibn Maajah (215) and Ahmad (11870) narrated that Anas ibn Maalik (may Allah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allah صلى الله عليه وسلم said: “Verily Allah has His own people among mankind.” They said: O Messenger of Allah, who are they? He said: “They are the people of the Qur’an, Allah’s own people and those who are closest to Him.” Classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh Ibn Maajah.

Memorising the Qur'an is one of the best things a Muslim can do as there are so many virtues and rewards connected to it. See this thread for example:
The Rewards for Memorizing the Qur'an

As Muslims, we should be keen to memorise as much of the Qur'an as we can. If we contemplate that the Qur'an is the Book of Allah and how noble and blessed it is, how it is a great miracle from Allah سبحانه وتعالى, we will rush to read it and memorise it.

Originally Posted by Nitro Zeus
There is a chapter if you recite it, then on the Day of Judgment, you will not need to go through the Sirat bridge, you'll go to Paradise directly while others will have to go through it.
We need to be careful because there is incorrect information on the internet, so you should check the source of any such information to make sure it is authentic. Please have a look at the thread linked to above, which mentions many virtues of the Qur'an.
Reply

HisServant
06-17-2019, 11:16 PM
Originally Posted by Nitro Zeus
I'm using Muslim Pro
I am unable to recall that one but if it works for the purpose then Alhamdulilah. Another tip is recording yourself and playing back whilst checking the Quran for any mistakes that were made during recitation. However, still believe having a good teacher in Hifz is the best way, of course we do what we can in the circumstances given. May Allah make you and us successful. Ameen.
Reply

Stoic
06-19-2019, 09:17 PM
Can i just memorize myself or do I need a teacher? I dont have access to one where I live and my circumstance but I had memorized 3-4 jus in memory by myself...?
Reply

Nitro Zeus
06-19-2019, 09:20 PM
Originally Posted by Stoic
Can i just memorize myself or do I need a teacher? I dont have access to one where I live and my circumstance but I had memorized 3-4 jus in memory by myself...?
You can memorize without a teacher. Myself I memorize alone without a teacher. But it is good to have a teacher, for example angel Gabriel(pbuh) was like a teacher to prophet Muhammad. So, try to get someone be your teacher, if not possible, then do yourself, find ways to memorize easy. I just found another strategy of memorizing Quran:

1) Repeat many times in your prayer

2) Write on the paper what you have memorized
Reply

Hamza Asadullah
06-20-2019, 03:33 AM
Originally Posted by Nerdo
I do not much like memorizing the whole Quran. Only the needed parts. Like those in obligatory prayers, Ayat al kursi , ... .
Assalamu Alaikum,

My brother we do not like that which requires effort and discomfort but for those of us who put in the necessary effort then there is an abundance of reward available to us.

Surely we will regret on the day Judgment of missing out on the huge rewards of many good deeds in particular giving Sadaqah (charity) and another amongst many being memorising the Quran.

Please read the following article which should encourage all of us to memorise the best and most important book in the Universe:

10 Reasons We Should Memorise the Qur'an
Reply

MazharShafiq
06-20-2019, 08:11 AM
Originally Posted by Hamza Asadullah
Assalamu Alaikum,

My brother we do not like that which requires effort and discomfort but for those of us who put in the necessary effort then there is an abundance of reward available to us.

Surely we will regret on the day Judgment of missing out on the huge rewards of many good deeds in particular giving Sadaqah (charity) and another amongst many being memorising the Quran.

Please read the following article which should encourage all of us to memorise the best and most important book in the Universe:

10 Reasons We Should Memorise the Qur'an
yes I agreed with you we will know the importance of memorize Quran on day of judgment .
Reply

HisServant
06-20-2019, 04:54 PM
Originally Posted by Stoic
Can i just memorize myself or do I need a teacher? I dont have access to one where I live and my circumstance but I had memorized 3-4 jus in memory by myself...?
Assalamu Alaikum,

It's always good to have a teacher, such that memorizing with the proper rules of Tajweed is maintained and not changing the words of Allah by wrongful pronunciation. However, by not having a teacher physically available, one can find classes online with recognized tutors of Hifz or and take advantage of such apps like the Haafiz app referenced previously which is really good to improve one's Tajweed (It allows you to listen to a particular verse/s as many times required recited by a renown Qari as Sheikh Mishary Rashid Alafasy).

Reciting what has been memorized from the Quran in Salaah (and out of it) is a good strategy.

1-The hadeeth narrated by al-Bukhaari from Ibn ‘Umar (may Allaah be pleased with him), that the Messenger of Allaah SAWS (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The likeness of the one who memorizes the Qur’aan is that of the owner of a hobbled camel. If he tends to it regularly, he will keep it, but if he lets it go, he will lose it.” (al-Bukhaari, 5031). It is well known that if a camel escapes and runs away, it cannot be recaptured except with a lot of stress and difficulty. Similarly, if the person who memorizes Qur’aan does not regularly review what he has memorized, he will lose it and will require a great deal of effort to get it back.
* Al-Haafiz Ibn Hajar said in al-Fath (9/79), in his commentary on this hadeeth: so long as one constantly reviews it, what one has memorized will remain, as is the case with a camel, if it remains hobbled, you will keep it. The camel was singled out here because it is the most likely of domesticated animals to run away, and if it does run away, recapturing it is very difficult.

2 – Muslim narrated in his Saheeh (no. 790 and 791) from Abu Moosa (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Prophet SAWS (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Read this Qur’aan regularly for, by the One in Whose hand is the soul of Muhammad, it is more likely to escape than a hobbled camel.”
3 – Al-Bukhaari (may Allaah have mercy on him) narrated that ‘Abd-Allaah said: the Prophet SAWS (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “It is not right for any one of you to say, ‘I have forgotten such and such.’ On the contrary, he has been made to forget. Try to review the Qur’aan, for it is more likely to escape from men’s hearts than camels.” (Saheeh al-Bukhaari, 5032).

The Problem of Forgetting the Quran

Imaam Ibn al-Munaadi (may Allaah have mercy on him) said in Mutashaabih al-Qur’aan (p. 52):
The Salaf were always afraid of forgetting Qur’aan after they had memorized it, because this was a shortcoming.

Al-Suyooti said in al-Itqaan (1/106):
Forgetting it is a major sin, as was stated by al-Nawawi in al-Rawdah and others, because of the hadeeth “I was shown the sins of my ummah…”
One of the best ways to help oneself to remember what one has memorized and to make it firmly-entrenched is to recite it in one’s salaah, especially in Qiyaam al-Layl. The Salaf used to recite it during the day and when praying Qiyaam al-Layl.


Reply

Nitro Zeus
06-20-2019, 08:38 PM
Originally Posted by HisServant
Assalamu Alaikum,

It's always good to have a teacher, such that memorizing with the proper rules of Tajweed is maintained and not changing the words of Allah by wrongful pronunciation. However, by not having a teacher physically available, one can find classes online with recognized tutors of Hifz or and take advantage of such apps like the Haafiz app referenced previously which is really good to improve one's Tajweed (It allows you to listen to a particular verse/s as many times required recited by a renown Qari as Sheikh Mishary Rashid Alafasy).

Reciting what has been memorized from the Quran in Salaah (and out of it) is a good strategy.



The Problem of Forgetting the Quran

Imaam Ibn al-Munaadi (may Allaah have mercy on him) said in Mutashaabih al-Qur’aan (p. 52):


Forgetfulness is a major sin?! That would mean, it is haram to forget what I have studied anything, that would be hard to remember everything.
Reply

HisServant
06-20-2019, 11:27 PM
Originally Posted by Nitro Zeus
Forgetfulness is a major sin?! That would mean, it is haram to forget what I have studied anything, that would be hard to remember everything.
It's moreso an encouragement to recite regularly from memory so as not to forget. As for what has been forgotten regardless of all these endeavors, there is no sin. The sin lies within not endeavoring/ becoming lax with recalling.
Reply

Stoic
06-26-2019, 11:35 PM
Originally Posted by HisServant
It's moreso an encouragement to recite regularly from memory so as not to forget. As for what has been forgotten regardless of all these endeavors, there is no sin. The sin lies within not endeavoring/ becoming lax with recalling.
Wait wut?? So if you forget what u memorized b4 it's a sin? What do u mean sin lies With in not endeavoring becoming lax with recalling? Isn't that same as forgetting???

I also memerized surah yaseen years ago but forgot it
Reply

HisServant
06-27-2019, 10:23 AM
Originally Posted by Stoic
Wait wut?? So if you forget what u memorized b4 it's a sin? What do u mean sin lies With in not endeavoring becoming lax with recalling? Isn't that same as forgetting???

I also memerized surah yaseen years ago but forgot it
Al-Suyooti said in al-Itqaan (1/106):
Forgetting it is a major sin, as was stated by al-Nawawi in al-Rawdah and others, because of the hadeeth “I was shown the sins of my ummah…”

If, you forgot a Surah then it's recommended to re-learn, which should be easier. InshaAllah. Maybe, you can use whatever you learnt in Salaah as suggested in this thread, this way forgetting would not be a problem.

- - - Updated - - -


What should a person do if he memorised some of the Qur’an then forgot it?

Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-25-2018, 03:31 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-16-2016, 06:56 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-25-2016, 07:10 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-15-2012, 11:43 PM
  5. Replies: 68
    Last Post: 03-11-2009, 12:24 PM
HeartHijab.com | Hijab Sale | Pound Shop | UK Wholesale Certified Face Masks, Hand Sanitiser & PPE

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!