/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Independence

ameerkam
06-22-2019, 12:27 AM
Assalamualaikum

I enjoy performing things in front of people such as poetry as I get quite a lot of satisfaction from speaking to a crowd. However it is recommended to be independent from people does this mean this is something to refrain from?

Jazzakallahu Khair

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ameerkam
06-22-2019, 02:51 PM
I have waswas al qahri it comes often and I get anxious about these things. I don’t think saying weird insults is helping

Ümit
06-22-2019, 11:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Supernova
post was deleted
hey there internet hero...lets talk about your mentality here...
does it give you a good feeling to pick on people safely behind your computer...do you feel like a big shot right now?
we might not all be as intelligent as you are...but that still does not give you the right to bully people...
Do you even think before you type ? Actually, do you think at all ?

Physicist
06-23-2019, 12:00 AM
I think there is subtle difference here.

1. You do something which benefit people, be it halal products, entertainment, education, whatever. You need feedback to know if you do well and what to improve.

2. You want people to praise you, to feel yourself in the middle of attention.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Supernova
06-23-2019, 04:18 PM
:giggling:

Ahmed.
06-25-2019, 05:07 PM
If it's to speak to boost your ego or to show off skills etc it's sin; it's riya, the lesser shirk

Why not talk about Islam in front of crowd with intention of dawah? Then you'll be rewarded

You should turn your skill of public speaking from bad to good by changing content and intention

Physicist
06-26-2019, 08:10 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ahmed.
If it's to speak to boost your ego or to show off skills etc it's sin; it's riya, the lesser shirk

Why not talk about Islam in front of crowd with intention of dawah? Then you'll be rewarded

You should turn your skill of public speaking from good to bad by changing content and intention
*perhaps you mean from bad to good.

But on the other hand it may be necessary to show off skills to be trusted with what you want to do. And even to gain skill of showing off.
I am often being in such a situation, when proposing some good project, but people with resources to implement it would never even consider it.

Ahmed.
06-26-2019, 05:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Physicist
*perhaps you mean from bad to good.

But on the other hand it may be necessary to show off skills to be trusted with what you want to do. And even to gain skill of showing off.
I am often being in such a situation, when proposing some good project, but people with resources to implement it would never even consider it.
Yes thanks, it's meant to be from bad to good.

What you said fits the secular non religious sort of advice that a teacher of a western comprehensive school might give, but I'm sure the brother is after Islamic advice and the Islamic perspective and it is as I said :)

Physicist
06-26-2019, 05:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ahmed.
Yes thanks, it's meant to be from bad to good.

What you said fits the secular non religious sort of advice that a teacher of a western comprehensive school might give, but I'm sure the brother is after Islamic advice and the Islamic perspective and it is as I said :)
And I also am very interested in Islamic perspective. How to avoid showing off but get trusted to do with what you are able to do.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.