/* */

PDA

View Full Version : In need of help for a Organization name

H.M
06-25-2019, 12:08 PM
Salamu Aleikum brothers and sisters.

I don't know if this is the right forum to ask but I will try and hope someone will correct me if I'm in the wrong place at the forum.

We're starting a non-profit organization which will work towards these eight projects in Muslims countries in Africa, Middle-East and Asia:

• Project: Interest Free Loans | Handing out interest free micro loans to farmers and people starting a business.
  • Project: Education | Supporting children with school material (schoolbags, pencil cases, notebooks etc.)
  • Project: Prayer Rooms | Renovating small, unused, rooms in shopping centers, municipality offices, government offices etc. into prayer rooms.
  • Project: Gym | Delivering gym and workout equipment to local workout centers focused on the youth. A preventative way of keeping them out of trouble.
  • Project: Pledege to Give | Convincing companies to hand out a fixed percentage of their ROI to the community.
  • Project: Mediation | Mediating between conflicting groups and parties.

AlhamduliLah we have the funds to do the basic preperations for all eight of these projects.

We are now developing a website and need help with the following:

1. A suitable name for the organization.
  2. Volutary people to work towards, at least, one of these projects with us, and helps us improve the organization.

JazakAallah xayr.

wSalam.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Supernova
06-25-2019, 06:06 PM
Asalaamualaykum

As good as you intention is, there already more than enough Islamic Charities out there that service and aid the needy in the places you have mentioned.

This seems to be the case of "too many chiefs and no Indians".

It seems like everybody today wants to open up some charity negating teamwork. In many cases this actually is counterproductive.

It reminds me of an interesting article that I have read years ago. In the UK, many Islamic charities exist. Each charity was collecting money for this very technological water pump in Sudan. Believe it not, but each charity collected only less than half the value....and persisted on carrying on trying to collect the remainder. The writer of the article then investigated and found that another 3 Charities were doing the same.

Each charity waiting to collect the FULL amount meanwhile - All 4 charities collectively had more than the value to by and install the pump !!!!

WHERE IS THE SENSE IN THAT ?????

Too many Chiefs....

Ahmed.
06-25-2019, 06:18 PM
The ummah support initiative :)

Abz2000
06-25-2019, 06:21 PM
Working with a larger charity is usually more efficient - though there are sometimes issues where you might not agree with some or many or all of their approaches and efforts, and want to start something small but with a different and more effective approach in your opinion.

Hilf al fudul ×
Where hilf al fudul might be translated, and where × is replaced by something more personalised (like the name of a locality - might be a motivating name and dawah in and of itself.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
H.M
06-25-2019, 07:19 PM
I wish to thank you for your feedback.

AlhamduliLah I work with the Norwegian United Nations Disaster Assessment and Coordination Support and trust me, I know there are alot of charities out there. As you said; "too many chiefs and no Indians". You are 100% right.
I'm using, AlhamduLillah, my personal funds to start these projects without asking for donations.

These projects are in the starting phase and I wanted to gather them all up in one website with background information and receive intellectual help from my Muslim brothers and sisters, think of it as a project group. The website and organization or group will not gather donations from people, rather it's hopefully going to inspire and shift Muslim thoughts into working together. So we're not looking and will never look for any donations towards these projects from people.

The funds will come from our businesses and business partners.

All we need right now is a good simple name for our website and your feedback on everything we do. :statisfie

JazakalLah xair brother.

format_quote Originally Posted by Supernova
Asalaamualaykum

As good as you intention is, there already more than enough Islamic Charities out there that service and aid the needy in the places you have mentioned.

It seems like everybody today wants to open up some charity negating teamwork. In many cases this actually is counterproductive.

It reminds me of an interesting article that I have read years ago. In the UK, many Islamic charities exist. Each charity was collecting money for this very technological water pump in Sudan. Believe it not, but each charity collected only less than half the value....and persisted on carrying on trying to collect the remainder. The writer of the article then investigated and found that another 3 Charities were doing the same.

Each charity waiting to collect the FULL amount meanwhile - All 4 charities collectively had more than the value to by and install the pump !!!!

Too many Chiefs....
- - - Updated - - -

JazakAllah xayr brother :statisfie

H.M
06-25-2019, 07:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ahmed.
The ummah support initiative :)
JazakAllah xayr brother [emoji106][emoji4]

H.M
06-25-2019, 07:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abz2000
Working with a larger charity is usually more efficient - though there are sometimes issues where you might not agree with some or many or all of their approaches and efforts, and want to start something small but with a different and more effective approach in your opinion.

Hilf al fudul ×
Where hilf al fudul might be translated, and where × is replaced by something more personalised (like the name of a locality - might be a motivating name and dawah in and of itself.
JazakAllah xayr brother [emoji106][emoji4]

Physicist
06-26-2019, 09:24 AM
I afraid you'll waste a lot of money if trying to launch multiple projects at the time.
Focus on one, starting from smaller scale, learn from inevitable mistakes, make it running well so that you only need to keep an eye on it a little bit, then start another.

- - - Updated - - -

format_quote Originally Posted by Supernova
Asalaamualaykum

Too many Chiefs....
More to that. Why do they needed that exact expensive pump? There are so many cheap solutions. Why don't they try anything on lower scale?

H.M
06-26-2019, 09:24 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Physicist
I afraid you'll waste a lot of money if trying to launch multiple projects at the time.
Focus on one, starting from smaller scale, learn from inevitable mistakes, make it running well so that you only need to keep an eye on it a little bit, then start another.

- - - Updated - - -

More to that. Why do they needed that exact expensive pump? There are so many cheap solutions. Why don't they try anything on lower scale?
JazakAllah xayr brother. Good point and good feedback. Any thoughts on a good name?

Physicist
06-26-2019, 09:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by H.M
JazakAllah xayr brother. Good point and good feedback. Any thoughts on a good name?
It's better if the name reflect how your organization is different from others.
And in reality, when InshaAllah it will be well established, when it will find it's niche, it may be very different from initial vision.
So, I wouldn't hurry with that.
Every project may have it's own specific name, later, when there will be many, you may come up with a suitable name for the holding or whatever uniting that projects.

H.M
06-26-2019, 09:39 AM
It's better if the name reflect how your organization is different from others.
And in reality, when InshaAllah it will be well established, when it will find it's niche, it may be very different from initial vision.
So, I wouldn't hurry with that.
Every project may have it's own specific name, later, when there will be many, you may come up with a suitable name for the holding or whatever uniting that projects.
You are right. Thank you for all the advice. JazakAllah xair again brother. [emoji106]

Supernova
06-26-2019, 02:53 PM
I'm afraid you missing the focal point of the issue. For whatever engineering reasons they needed it - the fact that 4 charities were ready to pay for it is already authentication that that pump was needed. Please tend to the real issue at hand.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.