/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Fast

Aaima zahid
06-26-2019, 08:12 PM
Asslamoalikum,

Greetings to all.
Can anyone please tell me that is it okay to fast for shawal first and then for ramadan which you didn’t fast due to illness or some other reasons?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ahmed.
06-27-2019, 09:36 PM
:wa:

The fard is the most important so you should fast the missed fard one's first

Aaima zahid
06-27-2019, 09:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ahmed.
:wa:

The fard is the most important so you should fast the missed fard one's first
Okay JazakAllah khair.

Saira Khan
06-27-2019, 11:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aaima zahid
Can anyone please tell me that is it okay to fast for shawal first and then for ramadan which you didn’t fast due to illness or some other reasons?
وعلیکم السلام ورحمتہ اللہ وبرکاتہ

Shafi’i scholars are of the opinion that whoever fasts the missed days of Ramadan simultaneously with the six days of Shawwal have fulfilled their religious obligation as well as obtained the reward for fasting the six days from Shawwal. However, one should not intend to fast the six days of Shawwal but should intend only to make up what one has missed from Ramadan. And since these make up days will fall during Shawwal, one will obtain the reward of the sunnah fast as well. Indeed the generosity of Allah SWT is vast. This opinion is based on the hadith of the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) who said: “Whoever fasts Ramadan and follows it with six days from the month of Shawwal, it is as if he has fasted the entire year.” The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) did not mention that one should make an intention to fast these six days; rather his words were general in that they should follow the month of Ramadan. These six days can be achieved by intending to make a sunnah fast or to make up the missed fast days of Ramadan.
Imam Al-Ramli issued a fatwa that agrees with this this position. He said that a person who makes up the missed days from Ramadan in Shawwal, even if he intends other than the fast of Shawwal, obtains the reward for the six days of Shawwal.
Based on this, it is permissible for a woman to make up her missed fast days of Ramadan during the month of Shawwal and obtain the reward for fasting six days of Shawwal.
Stay blessed.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Aaima zahid
06-27-2019, 11:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Saira Khan
وعلیکم السلام ورحمتہ اللہ وبرکاتہ

Shafi’i scholars are of the opinion that whoever fasts the missed days of Ramadan simultaneously with the six days of Shawwal have fulfilled their religious obligation as well as obtained the reward for fasting the six days from Shawwal. However, one should not intend to fast the six days of Shawwal but should intend only to make up what one has missed from Ramadan. And since these make up days will fall during Shawwal, one will obtain the reward of the sunnah fast as well. Indeed the generosity of Allah SWT is vast. This opinion is based on the hadith of the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) who said: “Whoever fasts Ramadan and follows it with six days from the month of Shawwal, it is as if he has fasted the entire year.” The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) did not mention that one should make an intention to fast these six days; rather his words were general in that they should follow the month of Ramadan. These six days can be achieved by intending to make a sunnah fast or to make up the missed fast days of Ramadan.
Imam Al-Ramli issued a fatwa that agrees with this this position. He said that a person who makes up the missed days from Ramadan in Shawwal, even if he intends other than the fast of Shawwal, obtains the reward for the six days of Shawwal.
Based on this, it is permissible for a woman to make up her missed fast days of Ramadan during the month of Shawwal and obtain the reward for fasting six days of Shawwal.
Stay blessed.

JazakAllah khair it made my day sister May Allah bless you!!!!

Ahmed.
06-28-2019, 03:04 PM
Assalamualikum @Aaima zahid

There is one thing that Maybe you should look into and which may be a barrier to keeping those fasts the Shafiee way.

Some Muslims tend to be Salafi's or ghair madhabis (those who do not follow a madhab) and may find it ok to just go by this opinion based on that hadith evidence and reasoning

However if you happen to be a strict madhabi and adhere to a different madhab, then according to madhabi rules it's not allowed to pick and choose from different madhabs as that will be like following one's desires as us laymen do not have the comprehensive knowledge and insight to judge one opinion over another

Aaima zahid
06-28-2019, 03:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ahmed.
Assalamualikum @Aaima zahid

There is one thing that Maybe you should look into and which may be a barrier to keeping those fasts the Shafiee way.

Some Muslims tend to be Salafi's or ghair madhabis (those who do not follow a madhab) and may find it ok to just go by this opinion based on that hadith evidence and reasoning

However if you happen to be a strict madhabi and adhere to a different madhab, then according to madhabi rules it's not allowed to pick and choose from different madhabs as that will be like following one's desires as us laymen do not have the comprehensive knowledge and insight to judge one opinion over another
Walikumaslam!
Brother, I get it what you are saying this is difficult to understand for me so i am fasting the fard one first and leaving shawwal this time because the month is going to end soon and I will be not able to finish all 6 Shawwaal fasts as i was travelling for ten days in this month ... InshAllah next year i will make sure to fulfill both of them.
3:embarrass

IslamLife00
06-29-2019, 11:09 PM
wa 'alaykumassalaam

All obligatory actions are to be completed first. The supererogatory will complete what is lacking in the obligatory.

On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him) from the Prophet (ﷺ), who said: Allah (mighty and sublime be He) says: The first of his actions for which a servant of Allah will be held accountable on the Day of Resurrection will be his prayers. If they are in order, then he will have prospered and succeeded: and if they are wanting, then he will have failed and lost. If there is something defective in his obligatory prayers, the Lord (glorified and exalted be He) will say: See if My servant has any supererogatory prayers with which may be completed that which was defective in his obligatory prayers. Then the rest of his actions will be judged in like fashion. It was related by at-Tirmidhi (also by Abu Dawud, an-Nasa'i, Ibn Majah and Ahmad)

If you owe Ramadan fast, then any fast you do in other months before next Ramadan, will make up for what you owe in Ramadan.

https://islamqa.info/en/answers/4038...ough-days-left

Aaima zahid
06-30-2019, 01:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by IslamLife00
wa 'alaykumassalaam

All obligatory actions are to be completed first. The supererogatory will complete what is lacking in the obligatory.

On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him) from the Prophet (ﷺ), who said: Allah (mighty and sublime be He) says: The first of his actions for which a servant of Allah will be held accountable on the Day of Resurrection will be his prayers. If they are in order, then he will have prospered and succeeded: and if they are wanting, then he will have failed and lost. If there is something defective in his obligatory prayers, the Lord (glorified and exalted be He) will say: See if My servant has any supererogatory prayers with which may be completed that which was defective in his obligatory prayers. Then the rest of his actions will be judged in like fashion. It was related by at-Tirmidhi (also by Abu Dawud, an-Nasa'i, Ibn Majah and Ahmad)

If you owe Ramadan fast, then any fast you do in other months before next Ramadan, will make up for what you owe in Ramadan.

https://islamqa.info/en/answers/4038...ough-days-left
JazakAllah khair sister!
I’ve completed my obligatory fasts today and in rest of the days i am going to fast for shawwal. But 2 of them will still remain so according to the link you sent i can complete them in dul-qadh as well right?

IslamLife00
06-30-2019, 03:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aaima zahid
JazakAllah khair sister!
I’ve completed my obligatory fasts today and in rest of the days i am going to fast for shawwal. But 2 of them will still remain so according to the link you sent i can complete them in dul-qadh as well right?
Yes you can do Shawwal fast in Dhul Qadah, as you had to make up Ramadan fast in Shawwal due to illness

But if a person has an excuse that kept him from fasting the six days of Shawwaal in Shawwaal because he had to make up missed fasts – such as a woman who was bleeding followed childbirth and spent all of Shawwaal making up for Ramadaan – then she may fast six days of Shawwaal in Dhu’l-Qa’dah, because she was excused. Similarly for anyone who has an excuse it is prescribed to make up the six days of Shawwaal in Dhu’l-Qa’dah, after making up the missed Ramadaan fasts. But the one who lets the month of Shawwaal go by without fasting these days and with no excuse, will not attain this reward.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.