/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Curious question

Peterbrown
07-01-2019, 01:06 PM
I have a quick question, is it haram when making a dua about something to ask Allah to show you if what you’re about to ask for is good for you , for example let’s say a soccer team is playing is it haram to make a dua to say that Allah should show you that what you want to ask for is Good for you by giving a specific soccer team when they are playing victory?

And also is it normal to feel confused after making dua or to forget what you said in the dua?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ümit
07-01-2019, 02:43 PM
so your dua would be like: oh God please make soccer team A win if İ should do groceries first or make team B win if İ should wash the car first.
something like that?
so lets say that team B wins...do they win because God wanted them to win, or do they win because God wanted you to wash the car first?

Ahmed.
07-01-2019, 08:01 PM
For you it's best to just keep it simple and only make dua for things that benefit you and if something confuses you as to whether it's ok to make dua for it (such as wanting a certain team to win) then don't bother doing dua for that as you have enough confusion problem as it is innit bro?

eesa the kiwi
07-02-2019, 03:12 AM
That's what salatul istikhara is for

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
MazharShafiq
07-03-2019, 04:29 PM
istakhara is best for take suggest of Allah.

Peterbrown
07-05-2019, 01:28 AM
I’m thinking if they win then that means God wanted me to wash the car first? Is this thinking flawed?

- - - Updated - - -

[QUOTE=Ümit;3014970]so your dua would be like: oh God please make soccer team A win if İ should do groceries first or make team B win if İ should wash the car first.
something like that?
so lets say that team B wins...do they win because God wanted them to win, or do they win because God wanted you to wash the car first?

I’m thinking if team B wins then God wanted me to wash the car first?is my thinking wrong?

Ümit
07-05-2019, 08:07 AM
[QUOTE=Peterbrown;3015091]I’m thinking if they win then that means God wanted me to wash the car first? Is this thinking flawed?

- - - Updated - - -

format_quote Originally Posted by Ümit
so your dua would be like: oh God please make soccer team A win if İ should do groceries first or make team B win if İ should wash the car first.
something like that?

I’m thinking if team B wins then God wanted me to wash the car first?is my thinking wrong?
Ehm...let me put it this way,
You can make dua to Allah to forgive all your past sins,
You can make dua for sick family members so that they find a cure,
You can even make dua for hunger in third world countries or for our brothers in Yemen oder Syria.

Imagine the scenario:
John Doe:
"Should I wash my car first? or should I do groceries?"
"Hmm tough decision"
*decides to watch soccer game in order to decide what to do first*

Why don't you just flip a coin? That is much quicker.

And come on...to make dua for a certain soccer player to win or lose? is that so important?
if so, then you have to set your priorities straight.

Physicist
07-05-2019, 03:16 PM
[QUOTE=Ümit;3015096]
format_quote Originally Posted by Peterbrown
I’m thinking if they win then that means God wanted me to wash the car first? Is this thinking flawed?

- - - Updated - - -

Ehm...let me put it this way,
You can make dua to Allah to forgive all your past sins,
You can make dua for sick family members so that they find a cure,
You can even make dua for hunger in third world countries or for our brothers in Yemen oder Syria.

Imagine the scenario:
John Doe:
"Should I wash my car first? or should I do groceries?"
"Hmm tough decision"
*decides to watch soccer game in order to decide what to do first*

Why don't you just flip a coin? That is much quicker.

And come on...to make dua for a certain soccer player to win or lose? is that so important?
if so, then you have to set your priorities straight.
I think this will be the same as flipping a coin.
Because decision of which team to associate with which choice (team A or team B for washing the car?) would be same random as flipping.
So, however important is your washing of the car, it will not affect the game :)

If Allah choses to answer your dua, He may change your choice in the past, or consider that even appearing in the situation when you make this dua is arranged by Allah.
Pity those who are thinking that they may manipulate Allah.
Allah is the best planner and disposer of affairs.

Ümit
07-05-2019, 04:14 PM
[QUOTE=Physicist;3015114]
format_quote Originally Posted by Ümit

I think this will be the same as flipping a coin.
Because decision of which team to associate with which choice (team A or team B for washing the car?) would be same random as flipping.
So, however important is your washing of the car, it will not affect the game :)

If Allah choses to answer your dua, He may change your choice in the past, or consider that even appearing in the situation when you make this dua is arranged by Allah.
Pity those who are thinking that they may manipulate Allah.
Allah is the best planner and disposer of affairs.
my point exactly.

Peterbrown
07-05-2019, 10:40 PM
So you are saying it’s wrong to think that way and it’s haram to make such prayers? Sorry I’m just curious I know it’s always good to seek knowledge

Ümit
07-09-2019, 10:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Peterbrown
So you are saying it’s wrong to think that way and it’s haram to make such prayers? Sorry I’m just curious I know it’s always good to seek knowledge
i am NOT saying that it is haraam...not everything you do wrong is haraam.
the point being made here is that even when you flip a coin...it lands only on the side that Allah wishes.
so...there is no coincidence.

what you are doing is making excuses to just watch a soccer game. if you want to watch a soccer game...then watch a soccer game. just do not forget about your duty and tasks.
it is all about mking the right priorities

Physicist
07-10-2019, 11:15 AM
There is somewhat wrong with this thinking, trying to avoid responsibility for wrong decisions.
For example:
If one is lazy to wash the car, he decides: "I will wash it if Allah wills so". But as he is very lazy, he says, I will wash car if coin will land on the same side 20 times in a row.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.