/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Do Friends of Allah have special gifts? IF yes, what are they?

Nitro Zeus
07-03-2019, 11:42 AM
Assalamu alaikum,

I wish to know: Do the Friends of Allah have special miracles? Do they get the prayers answered instantly? Can they ask Allah to grant them an answer in dream for their question?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Physicist
07-03-2019, 12:24 PM
What do you think is to be a friend of Allah?
Friends are somewhat comparable.
No one or nothing in Creation can be comparable to Allah.
If one think that he can try to manipulate Allah, he is in dangerous temptation by shaitan.
The very maximum one can achieve is approval of Allah.

Sura 9 - Ayat 72

وَعَدَ ٱللَّهُ ٱلْمُؤْمِنِينَ وَٱلْمُؤْمِنَـٰتِ جَنَّـٰتٍ تَجْرِى مِن تَحْتِهَا ٱلْأَنْهَـٰرُ خَـٰلِدِينَ فِيهَا وَمَسَـٰكِنَ طَيِّبَةً فِى جَنَّـٰتِ عَدْنٍ-ۚ وَرِضْوَٲنٌ مِّنَ ٱللَّهِ أَكْبَرُ-ۚ ذَٲلِكَ هُوَ ٱلْفَوْزُ ٱلْعَظِيمُ

Allah has promised the believing men and believing women gardens beneath which rivers flow, wherein they abide eternally, and pleasant dwellings in gardens of perpetual residence; but approval from Allah is greater. It is that which is the great attainment.

MazharShafiq
07-03-2019, 04:25 PM
yes good friend are gifts of God.

Abz2000
07-03-2019, 06:20 PM
Al-Qasas 28:14

وَلَمَّا بَلَغَ أَشُدَّهُۥ وَٱسْتَوَىٰٓ ءَاتَيْنَٰهُ حُكْمًا وَعِلْمًاۚ وَكَذَٰلِكَ نَجْزِى ٱلْمُحْسِنِينَ

English - Yusuf Ali

When he reached full age, and was firmly established (in life), We bestowed on him wisdom and knowledge: for thus do We reward those who do good.

English - Sahih International

And when he attained his full strength and was [mentally] mature, We bestowed upon him judgement and knowledge. And thus do We reward the doers of good.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
H.M
07-03-2019, 09:37 PM
@Nitro Zeus . Dear brother. I think this might be the view of some shia schoolars or/and christians where they can become "friends" with Allah s.w.t. and then get whatever they want in this life. I strongly suggeat that you, if you have not, study the holy Qur'an.
May Allah s.w.t. guide you and all of us to the straight path.

Physicist
07-03-2019, 11:24 PM
I've got impression that you are considering this life as a kind of computer game, quest.
Indeed, nice analogy, but there are no cheat codes, suras and duas are not a kind of magic spells.
If you are pursuing immediate physical outcome, you should focus on laws of physics and logic.
To walk through a mountain range you need strong legs. But to pass it, you need also map and compass. This is what religion is about, to find a way.

MazharShafiq
07-04-2019, 05:21 PM
Friends are an integral and important part of life as they contribute heavily in what a person makes of his or her life. This is the reason why Islam also speaks about friendship. Islam acknowledges the importance of friends in one’s life, therefore, it emphasizes on the selection of right friends. The lines below discuss the importance of friends in the light of Islam and what different criterions should a Muslim follow pertaining to the matter of making friends.

In Quran, Allah Almighty says:

“And (remember) the day when the unjust one shall bite his hands saying: O! Would that I had taken a way with the Messenger! O woe is me! Would that I had not taken such a one for a friend! Certainly he led me astray from the reminder after it had come to me. Ah! The Evil One is but a traitor to man!.” (25:27-29)

Saira Khan
07-06-2019, 07:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by MazharShafiq
Friends are an integral and important part of life
He is talking about "Friends of Allah, Awlia e Keraam) :)

Saira Khan
07-06-2019, 10:42 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nitro Zeus
Assalamu alaikum,

I wish to know: Do the Friends of Allah have special miracles? Do they get the prayers answered instantly? Can they ask Allah to grant them an answer in dream for their question?

بسم اللہ الرحمٰن الرحیم
وعلیکم السلام ورحمتہ اللہ و برکاتہ

To exactly perceive who the friends of Allah are and what they can do, one has to be a friend of Allah SWT, for common people can't grasp all these things because of their limited knowledge and limited brain/ perception capacity. This is an established fact that there is difference between a Muslim and a "staunch believer" or Momin.

Allah SWT says in surah Al-Hujraat:

قَالَتِ الْأَعْرَابُ آمَنَّا قُل لَّمْ تُؤْمِنُوا وَلَٰكِن قُولُوا أَسْلَمْنَا وَلَمَّا يَدْخُلِ الْإِيمَانُ فِي قُلُوبِكُمْ

The dwellers of the desert say: We believe. Say: You do not believe but say, We submit; and faith has not yet entered into your hearts;

The following hadith may clear it more for you.

عَنْ أَبِي هُرَيْرَة رَضِيَ اللهُ عَنْهُ قَالَ: قَالَ رَسُول اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه و سلم إنَّ اللَّهَ تَعَالَى قَالَ: "مَنْ عَادَى لِي وَلِيًّا فَقْد آذَنْتهُ بِالْحَرْبِ، وَمَا تَقَرَّبَ إلَيَّ عَبْدِي بِشَيْءٍ أَحَبَّ إلَيَّ مِمَّا افْتَرَضْتُهُ عَلَيْهِ، وَلَا يَزَالُ عَبْدِي يَتَقَرَّبُ إلَيَّ بِالنَّوَافِلِ حَتَّى أُحِبَّهُ، فَإِذَا أَحْبَبْتُهُ كُنْت سَمْعَهُ الَّذِي يَسْمَعُ بِهِ، وَبَصَرَهُ الَّذِي يُبْصِرُ بِهِ، وَيَدَهُ الَّتِي يَبْطِشُ بِهَا، وَرِجْلَهُ الَّتِي يَمْشِي بِهَا، وَلَئِنْ سَأَلَنِي لَأُعْطِيَنَّهُ، وَلَئِنْ اسْتَعَاذَنِي لَأُعِيذَنَّهُ".
[رَوَاهُ الْبُخَارِيُّ]

On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him) who said:

The Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said, “Verily Allah ta’ala has said: ‘Whosoever shows enmity to a wali (friend) of Mine, then I have declared war against him. And My servant does not draw near to Me with anything more loved to Me than the religious duties I have obligated upon him. And My servant continues to draw near to me with nafil (supererogatory) deeds until I Love him. When I Love him, I am his hearing with which he hears, and his sight with which he sees, and his hand with which he strikes, and his foot with which he walks. Were he to ask [something] of Me, I would surely give it to him; and were he to seek refuge with Me, I would surely grant him refuge.’ [Al-Bukhari]

Allah SWT says in Quran:

صِبْغَةَ اللّٰهِ ۚ وَمَنْ اَحْسَنُ مِنَ اللّٰهِ صِبْغَةً ۡ وَّنَحْنُ لَهٗ عٰبِدُوْنَ

Say: “Take on Allah’s colour.” And whose colour is better than Allah’s? It is Him that we serve. [Al-Baqara,138]

The Quran says about friends of Allah SWT:

أَلَا إِنَّ أَوْلِيَاءَ اللَّهِ لَا خَوْفٌ عَلَيْهِمْ وَلَا هُمْ يَحْزَنُونَ

"Surely the friends (Allies) of Allah have nothing to fear, nor shall they grieve" [Surah Yunus, 62]

Hopefully, from all these, you will understand a little bit as who are "Friends of Allah and what they can do". Although it's a very vast subject and cannot be concluded in few lines.

Stay blessed.

H.M
07-06-2019, 11:24 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Saira Khan
بسم اللہ الرحمٰن الرحیم
وعلیکم السلام ورحمتہ اللہ و برکاتہ

To exactly perceive who the friends of Allah are and what they can do, one has to be a friend of Allah SWT, for common people can't grasp all these things because of their limited knowledge and limited brain/ perception capacity. This is an established fact that there is difference between a Muslim and a "staunch believer" or Momin.

Allah SWT says in surah Al-Hujraat:

قَالَتِ الْأَعْرَابُ آمَنَّا قُل لَّمْ تُؤْمِنُوا وَلَٰكِن قُولُوا أَسْلَمْنَا وَلَمَّا يَدْخُلِ الْإِيمَانُ فِي قُلُوبِكُمْ

The dwellers of the desert say: We believe. Say: You do not believe but say, We submit; and faith has not yet entered into your hearts;

The following hadith may clear it more for you.

عَنْ أَبِي هُرَيْرَة رَضِيَ اللهُ عَنْهُ قَالَ: قَالَ رَسُول اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه و سلم إنَّ اللَّهَ تَعَالَى قَالَ: "مَنْ عَادَى لِي وَلِيًّا فَقْد آذَنْتهُ بِالْحَرْبِ، وَمَا تَقَرَّبَ إلَيَّ عَبْدِي بِشَيْءٍ أَحَبَّ إلَيَّ مِمَّا افْتَرَضْتُهُ عَلَيْهِ، وَلَا يَزَالُ عَبْدِي يَتَقَرَّبُ إلَيَّ بِالنَّوَافِلِ حَتَّى أُحِبَّهُ، فَإِذَا أَحْبَبْتُهُ كُنْت سَمْعَهُ الَّذِي يَسْمَعُ بِهِ، وَبَصَرَهُ الَّذِي يُبْصِرُ بِهِ، وَيَدَهُ الَّتِي يَبْطِشُ بِهَا، وَرِجْلَهُ الَّتِي يَمْشِي بِهَا، وَلَئِنْ سَأَلَنِي لَأُعْطِيَنَّهُ، وَلَئِنْ اسْتَعَاذَنِي لَأُعِيذَنَّهُ".
[رَوَاهُ الْبُخَارِيُّ]

On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him) who said:

The Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said, “Verily Allah ta’ala has said: ‘Whosoever shows enmity to a wali (friend) of Mine, then I have declared war against him. And My servant does not draw near to Me with anything more loved to Me than the religious duties I have obligated upon him. And My servant continues to draw near to me with nafil (supererogatory) deeds until I Love him. When I Love him, I am his hearing with which he hears, and his sight with which he sees, and his hand with which he strikes, and his foot with which he walks. Were he to ask [something] of Me, I would surely give it to him; and were he to seek refuge with Me, I would surely grant him refuge.’ [Al-Bukhari]

Allah SWT says in Quran:

صِبْغَةَ اللّٰهِ ۚ وَمَنْ اَحْسَنُ مِنَ اللّٰهِ صِبْغَةً ۡ وَّنَحْنُ لَهٗ عٰبِدُوْنَ

Say: “Take on Allah’s colour.” And whose colour is better than Allah’s? It is Him that we serve. [Al-Baqara,138]

The Quran says about friends of Allah SWT:

أَلَا إِنَّ أَوْلِيَاءَ اللَّهِ لَا خَوْفٌ عَلَيْهِمْ وَلَا هُمْ يَحْزَنُونَ

"Surely the friends (Allies) of Allah have nothing to fear, nor shall they grieve" [Surah Yunus, 62]

Hopefully, from all these, you will understand a little bit as who are "Friends of Allah and what they can do". Although it's a very vast subject and cannot be concluded in few lines.

Stay blessed.
Surah 2:138.
What kind of translation is this?

The veese sais this:

[And say, "Ours is] the religion of Allah . And who is better than Allah in [ordaining] religion? And we are worshippers of Him."

And 10:62

Unquestionably, [for] the allies of Allah there will be no fear concerning them, nor will they grieve

What are you talking about here? Allies is not the same as friends in the same way that christian Tv evangelist say that they are the friends of their lord.

Friends and Allies are two different things.

We humans are to be allies with Allah s.w.t. Saying the word friends is something completely different.

Sister Saira Khan please dont take this negatively from me. For I may be wrong in my understanding. But I firmly believe that we humans cant be friends but rather Allies of Allah s.w.t.

Saira Khan
07-06-2019, 01:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by H.M
Surah 2:138.
What kind of translation is this?

The veese sais this:

[And say, "Ours is] the religion of Allah . And who is better than Allah in [ordaining] religion? And we are worshippers of Him."
Dear @H.M , that is why I have written above that it is a vast subject and cannot be concluded in few lines. If I start writing about explaining the word "Sibgha", it will take me hours and many many pages and also it will lead the post and the particular question asked, somewhere else. For your understanding I am trying to write here in short.

According to Arabic language rules, the root word, Saad-ba-Gh means:
Saad-Ba-Gh= to dye, colour, baptize, dip, immerse, hue, assume the attribute, mode, mature, code of law, religion, nature. "Sibgh", "Sibgha"
of course, the literal meaning of the word is "coloring", but in the above verse, it refers to religion (Al-Yawma Akmaltu Lakum Deenakum Waatmamtu Alaykum Niaamati.......).
For more understanding, please try to read the previous rituals of Jews and Christians for What Was Agreed to proceed to cleanse Themselves of sins, baths!
Christian baptism "the Bible indicates That Christian baptism requires full immersion in water." etc etc.
I wish to explain the word "Wali" and "Awliya" as well, but some other time in some other post.
What is the difference here? the difference is that commons entangle themselves in literal Vs proposed Vs suggested meanings of the words, while the staunch believers reach directly to what it actually mean to them. (May be it's a dilema).
Stay blessed.

Abz2000
07-06-2019, 02:58 PM
:salam:
I believe that it would be useful at this point to add the fact that Allah :swt: took Ibraheem :as: as a friend (khaleel).

An-Nisa' 4:125

وَمَنْ أَحْسَنُ دِينًا مِّمَّنْ أَسْلَمَ وَجْهَهُۥ لِلَّهِ وَهُوَ مُحْسِنٌ وَٱتَّبَعَ مِلَّةَ إِبْرَٰهِيمَ حَنِيفًاۗ وَٱتَّخَذَ ٱللَّهُ إِبْرَٰهِيمَ خَلِيلًا

English - Yusuf Ali

Who can be better in religion than one who submits his whole self to Allah, does good, and follows the way of Abraham the true in Faith? For Allah did take Abraham for a friend.

English - Sahih International

And who is better in religion than one who submits himself to Allah while being a doer of good and follows the religion of Abraham, inclining toward truth? And Allah took Abraham as an intimate friend.

get Quran App:https://goo.gl/w6rESk

The word walee can mean friend if the ally is very close to Allah :swt: to the extent that Allah :swt: makes special exceptions for him/her - and Allah :swt: knows best who His friends are.
There are varying grades of walaa and baraa so it is useful to keep in mind that not everyone on the team can be called a close friend - even if they are avid fans - although some actually are friends whom Allah :swt: is averse to disappoint.

Physicist
07-06-2019, 03:38 PM
Indeed, word Friend may be interpreted different ways, same as word Father.

When Christians are saying "Heavenly Father", it has also halal meaning that we humans were created by Allah and He loves us as a most precious part of Creation.

The problem here, that all such words, be it Friend, Ally, Father, Child, Master, Servant, Slave, etc. was borrowed from worldly life.
When one is trying to emphasize some particular relation by using such analogy, another one stumbles at wrong association.

Recalling topic starter's requests, which looks more like attempts to hack some bureaucratic system, makes me think that he see Allah as a kind of administrator who can be bribed :)
Mean no offence, just got such an impression :)

Saira Khan
07-06-2019, 09:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Physicist
Recalling topic starter's requests, which looks more like attempts to hack some bureaucratic system, makes me think that he see Allah as a kind of administrator who can be bribed
Mean no offence, just got such an impression
Then you got a very wrong impression, so please correct your impression sooner. The word "Father" is in no way halal to use for Allah SWT even in worldly affairs (Surah Ikhlas-Lam ya lid wa lam yu lad). But the analogy goes like this.....Friend is a person whom you know very well in worldly affairs. The emphasis is on "knowing well". A friend of Allah SWT is a person who knows Allah SWT well which is also called (Aarif-the knower of Allah SWT). And obviously, strong belief or eeman will be there for a person who knows Allah well as compared to the one who does not know Allah well but has got a belief. Again the meaning of FRIEND means a "staunch believer", like the companions of the Prophet (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم) were.
Please don't take it as offensive, just trying to explain it.
Stay blessed.

H.M
07-06-2019, 09:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Saira Khan
Then you got a very wrong impression, so please correct your impression sooner. The word "Father" is in no way halal to use for Allah SWT even in worldly affairs (Surah Ikhlas-Lam ya lid wa lam yu lad). But the analogy goes like this.....Friend is a person whom you know very well in worldly affairs. The emphasis is on "knowing well". A friend of Allah SWT is a person who knows Allah SWT well which is also called (Aarif-the knower of Allah SWT). And obviously, strong belief or eeman will be there for a person who knows Allah well as compared to the one who does not know Allah well but has got a belief. Again the meaning of FRIEND means a "staunch believer", like the companions of the Prophet (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم) were.
Please don't take it as offensive, just trying to explain it.
Stay blessed.
No one will take offens insh'Allah. Thank you for good the explination of the word friends, sister Saira Khan.

I always say; The key elements of abolishing this conflict between Muslims is discussions. Healthy disscusions like this.

May Allah s.w.t. guide us to the right path and grant us Jannah.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.