/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Photography

Sister_44546
07-04-2019, 08:28 PM
Is it haram to take pictures of animate beings with your phone?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
*charisma*
07-05-2019, 03:18 PM
Assalamu ALaikum

This may be helpful:

https://islamqa.org/hanafi/daruliftaa-birmingham/19581

What is the ruling on Digital Pictures? | IslamQA
What is the ruling on Digital Pictures?...

MazharShafiq
07-05-2019, 03:26 PM
Photography (tasweer) means the taking of pictures of living, animate moving beings, like people, animals, birds, etc. The ruling is that it is forbidden on the basis of a number of reports, such as the following:

'Abdullaah ibn Mas'ood (may Allaah be pleased with him) reported that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: "Those who will be most severely punished by Allaah on the Day of Resurrection will be the image-makers." (Reported by al-Bukhaari, see al-Fath, 10/382).

Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) reported that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: "Allaah, may He be exalted, says: 'Who does more wrong than the one who tries to create something like My creation? Let him create a grain of wheat or a kernel of corn.'" (Reported by al-Bukhaari, see Fath al-Baari, 10/385).

new2010
07-12-2019, 10:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MazharShafiq
Who does more wrong than the one who tries to create something like My creation? Let him create a grain of wheat or a kernel of corn.'"
The question is do you create something like Allah subhana wa taa'la's creation? When you draw a picture, you create something, because that what you draw is not in existence in real life. Even if you try to be one hundred per cent accurate you will not be able to draw what you see how Allah has created it. Even it might look very close to the real one, not to talk about living subjects someone draws out of own imagination.

When you take a picture you are creating something, but you don't create a new creation that only Allah azza wa jal is capable of doing. You create an image of something or someone what Allah has created. I think this is a difference.

I myself am not sure about this issue, which is hard, because I used to take pictures of human beings. Of course it's the safest way not doing it.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Aaima zahid
07-13-2019, 08:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by new2010
The question is do you create something like Allah subhana wa taa'la's creation? When you draw a picture, you create something, because that what you draw is not in existence in real life. Even if you try to be one hundred per cent accurate you will not be able to draw what you see how Allah has created it. Even it might look very close to the real one, not to talk about living subjects someone draws out of own imagination.

When you take a picture you are creating something, but you don't create a new creation that only Allah azza wa jal is capable of doing. You create an image of something or someone what Allah has created. I think this is a difference.

I myself am not sure about this issue, which is hard, because I used to take pictures of human beings. Of course it's the safest way not doing it.
The answer is that we imitate what He created. Which is against to One who is only to be called al-MUTAQABIR.
And at the day of judgment Allah will ask us to put life in those pictures you took by imitating my creation except those things which He allowed to be imitated. Then what we will do?
I think when it’s been said by Hazrat Muhammad (S.A.W.W) and Allah pak that it is wrong then IT IS WRONG. There should be no war on it whether it is right or wrong in our thinking.
Let it not confuse you and think It’s an order to follow.
May Allah gives us faith to follow Him without “if” and “buts”

Ahmed.
07-14-2019, 11:54 AM
Potography is prohibited except the essential one's like passport photo etc

uzma afsar
07-14-2019, 01:29 PM
But why we are not miss using and we are not showing to others and putting safely. and need a daleel to this bayan

Saira Khan
07-14-2019, 03:14 PM
Photography or making images digitally,carvings, drawing sketches or by whatever means is haraam. This is very wrong to make pretexts for today's camera photography to justify it.

Al-Bukhaari (3226) and Muslim (2106) narrated from Abu Talhah (may Allah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said; “The angels do not enter a house in which there is an image.”

"The angels do not enter a house in which there is a dog or pictures." (Reported by al-Bukhaari, see al-Fath, 10/380)

'Ali (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: "Shall I not send you on the same mission as the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) sent me? Do not leave any built-up tomb without levelling it, and do not leave any picture in any house without erasing it." (Reported by Muslim and al-Nisaa'i; this is the version narrated by al-Nisaa'i).

Physicist
07-14-2019, 03:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aaima zahid
The answer is that we imitate what He created. Which is against to One who is only to be called al-MUTAQABIR.
And at the day of judgment Allah will ask us to put life in those pictures you took by imitating my creation except those things which He allowed to be imitated. Then what we will do?
I think when it’s been said by Hazrat Muhammad (S.A.W.W) and Allah pak that it is wrong then IT IS WRONG. There should be no war on it whether it is right or wrong in our thinking.
Let it not confuse you and think It’s an order to follow.
May Allah gives us faith to follow Him without “if” and “buts”
Though "How" and "Why" are needed and "if" and "buts" are unavoidable.

I see this as a strong warning about many dangers such imitations imply.

Statues and portraits were used for idolatry.
It is more convenient to describe face with picture than with lengthy textual explanation, imagine long queue waiting for immigration officer comparing face with textual description in the passport.

But when we see portrait of some man on the wall or a statue in the square, we should immediately become suspicious, isn't there some personality cult involved.

As it is said in Qur'an: those who try imitate, let them create a corn seed.
This is where technology approaching now, possibility of creating artificial microorganisms, which, unlike ones already created by Allah and very well tuned, will pose many dangers.

Same about attempts to imitate intellect, Artificial Intellect, which pose great dangers as well.

Like passport photos, all these things eventually will become widespread, we can't prevent this. But we were warned about to be cautious.

Ahmed.
07-14-2019, 03:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by uzma afsar
But why we are not miss using and we are not showing to others and putting safely. and need a daleel to this bayan
The point is bro, with potograhpy and stuff we are creating like the creation of Allah and that is what Allah condemns and has prohibited, so it doesn't matter if we're putting it away and stuff

For the proofs, see:

https://islamqa.org/hanafi/muftionline/106415

Taking pictures of animate objects | IslamQA
Taking pictures of animate objects...

Physicist
07-14-2019, 03:57 PM
I feel like it's much more fundamental question rather than particular aspects like photos or organisms.

In fact, we do imitate in so many aspects.
Take airplane for example, it was inspired by birds, early people were trying to imitate birds, was making wings and jumping from the rocks.
Now, when airplanes became widespread, it is actually creation of Allah and again some people are trying to imitate it. There was funny story about aboriginal tribe who made airplane out of bamboo and was praying to it. It called "Cargo Cult".

Aaima zahid
07-14-2019, 04:02 PM
[QUOTE=Physicist;3015548]Though "How" and "Why" are needed and "if" and "buts" are unavoidable.

I am not agree with you.
If you have good faith you search and seek only for why and how. But when you come to but and if you get confused because these both words are only used by those who don’t get satisfied or who don’t want to believe.
And sorry but that’s my opinion.

Aaima zahid
07-14-2019, 04:10 PM
[QUOTE=Aaima zahid;3015555]
format_quote Originally Posted by Physicist
Though "How" and "Why" are needed and "if" and "buts" are unavoidable.
I am not agree with you.
If you have good faith you search and seek only for why and how. But when you come to but and if you get confused because these both words are only used by those who don’t get satisfied or who don’t want to believe.
And sorry but that’s my opinion

Ahmed.
07-14-2019, 04:39 PM
https://youtu.be/j-NPTWsTBig

[TABLE="class: grid, width: 100%, align: center"]
[TR][TD]Photography is a Disease - Shaykh Hamza Yusuf - YouTube

Photography is a Disease - Shaykh Hamza Yusuf - YouTube
We are looking at expanding the channel - Support us now https://www.patreon.com/islamreward We are looking at expanding the channel - Support us now https:/......

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.