/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Permissible names

ameerkam
07-07-2019, 03:08 PM
Are names like “Noor” or “Rahman” permissible because they are the names of Allah?

Jazzakallahu Khair

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
MazharShafiq
07-07-2019, 03:40 PM
yes these are permissable with abd .meanz abd ur rahmaan.

ameerkam
07-07-2019, 03:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MazharShafiq
yes these are permissable with abd .meanz abd ur rahmaan.
My brothers name is Nur Khan is that permissible?

MazharShafiq
07-07-2019, 03:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ameerkam
My brothers name is Nur Khan is that permissible?
Yes, it is permissible this name. because it is used in many other ways, it is used for many things not only with Allah, this name is not special for Allah, which names are only special with Allah only to keep it alone.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ameerkam
07-07-2019, 04:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MazharShafiq
Yes, it is permissible this name. because it is used in many other ways, it is used for many things not only with Allah, this name is not special for Allah, which names are only special with Allah only to keep it alone.
Alright. My mother’s last name is Rahman on its own should she change it then?

Physicist
07-07-2019, 04:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ameerkam
Alright. My mother’s last name is Rahman on its own should she change it then?
I wonder how she got such a name.
There are some coincidents in non-muslim countries.
I recall woman names "Alla" and "Zina".

Iceee
07-08-2019, 02:02 AM
Salaam.

Yes, the names Noor and Rahman are permissible in Islam.

Here's a link to the names mentioned and the link to the meaning:
https://www.searchtruth.com/baby_nam...e=sname&find=1
https://www.searchtruth.com/baby_nam...e=sname&find=1

But best to ask an Imam or Scholar in your country for more information.

Islamic Names - rahman - Muslim Boy Names with meanings
Islamic Names - rahman - Find all the Muslims Islamic Names with meanings for Boys...

Ahmed.
07-08-2019, 01:05 PM
I think your mother's 'surname' Rahman is just to identify her of who she is married to or to identify her family lineage so it's not really a 'name' as such but a title for information. Also if her husband's name (your dad?) Is Abdurahman then it will be presumed that abdul precedes the name

You shouldn't try to get your mother to change her name as they may see that as a son troubling their parents and that will be a worrying development for them. Just suggest nicely that she includes 'abd' before Rahman

Focus on saving yourself bro and just giving nice and pleasant dawah when and to whom necessary

MazharShafiq
07-08-2019, 05:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ahmed.
I think your mother's 'surname' Rahman is just to identify her of who she is married to or to identify her family lineage so it's not really a 'name' as such but a title for information. Also if her husband's name (your dad?) Is Abdurahman then it will be presumed that abdul precedes the name

You shouldn't try to get your mother to change her name as they may see that as a son troubling their parents and that will be a worrying development for them. Just suggest nicely that she includes 'abd' before Rahman

Focus on saving yourself bro and just giving nice and pleasant dawah when and to whom necessary
yes absolutely right

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.