/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I don’t feel guilty for sinning anymore..

Allah’sServant
07-10-2019, 12:28 PM
Salam,
I used to feel very guilty everytime I commited a sin.. now I feel nothing. I always tell myself, ‘you’re still young, you have time to repent’, even though I know death could approach me at anytime. I want to repent for my sins but I feel like if I don’t regret it there’s no use.. and I can’t force myself to regret something.

Any advice, please?
Jazakallah.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
peacefulone
07-10-2019, 12:37 PM
There is no adult age that is too young to repent. You could die anytime in your life.
I think reading about hellfire and paradise will help you understand the importance of repentance.
I felt myself change a lot when I read about these things.
May Allah help you. Ameen

Ahmed.
07-10-2019, 01:47 PM
:wa:

Hadith basically says 'force yourself to regret'

A hadith says 'if you cannot cry in supplication then PRETEND to cry'

That hadith basically tells us that, it's the intention thst counts and that although we might not have the emotion to cry, to feel guilty etc but if we pretend (I.e. at least try to feel it and act out as though we are) to feel it and do dua accordingly then that would be enough for Allah as our heart wants to feel it...

Allah’sServant
07-10-2019, 05:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by peacefulone
There is no adult age that is too young to repent. You could die anytime in your life.
I think reading about hellfire and paradise will help you understand the importance of repentance.
Subhanallah I never knew that. Allah’s mercy is greater than all things alhamdulillah. Jazakallah for the info!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
MazharShafiq
07-10-2019, 06:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by peacefulone
yes absolutely right thanking is your.

Physicist
07-10-2019, 06:31 PM
That's because you are sinning habitually already. Good that you feel guilty for this habit.
It's like smoking.
After period of non-smoking one feel guilty for every sigarette. Then stopping to notice it, only feeling guilt for smoking in general, hoping to quit eventually, then this guilt dissolves and smoking becomes part of life. Then, suddenly, cancer is being diagnosed. Now he is very sorry for every sigarette he smoked in the past but it's too late...

CocoChanel
07-10-2019, 07:09 PM
You must fight that feeling when you feel you have no regret I think? Subhannalah

peacefulone
07-11-2019, 05:03 PM
Salaam alaykum
I wanted to add to my reply that you could try reading this book: The devils deception
Its a translation of an Islamic Arabic book. I think it might be relevant and help you because maybe its thoughts from Shaytan that make you forget to repent and not feel guilty. The book will teach you the tricks of of shaytan and how he influences a lot of different people even scholars.
May Allah help you
Ameen

The Devils Deception : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive
Kalamullah.Com | ...Ibn Jawzi enumerates within it, many of the mechanisms and modus operandi used by the devil in deceiving and leading mankind away from......

jameelash
07-12-2019, 11:21 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Allah’sServant
Salam,
I used to feel very guilty everytime I commited a sin.. now I feel nothing. I always tell myself, ‘you’re still young, you have time to repent’, even though I know death could approach me at anytime. I want to repent for my sins but I feel like if I don’t regret it there’s no use.. and I can’t force myself to regret something.

Any advice, please?
Jazakallah.
First of all find out whether you r guided by wrong friends if so leave them.when ever u feel like doing sin pray 2rakat sunnah .ull feel better.have connection with mosque nearby .i feel it will help you.may Allah guide u in the right path

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.