/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Person who sins

ameerkam
07-10-2019, 06:03 PM
If I had a friend who had suffered abuse and as a result began drinking, would it be permissible to still be friends with him to help him and keep him company because of his fragile mental state even if I know he is still drinking? If I left him, would he have the right to dislike me for leaving him because leaving a sinner is permissible if they won’t change yet.

Jazzakallahu Khair

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ahmed.
07-10-2019, 06:45 PM
If you want to stay friends with him for a good reason, and you understand that he was sort of pushed into drinking, then that's fine as it's for a good cause and to protect the brother from further harm

Physicist
07-10-2019, 07:05 PM
Just be sure that your good influence on him prevails his bad influence on you.

Some muslim brothers goes so far in their intention to influence disbeliever tourists that they are drinking together with them while keep thinking that they are doing good deed.

ameerkam
07-10-2019, 07:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ahmed.
If you want to stay friends with him for a good reason, and you understand that he was sort of pushed into drinking, then that's fine as it's for a good cause and to protect the brother from further harm
And if I left him would he have the right to feel hurt and angry about it? Because it’s permissible in Islam to stay away from sinners so would his anger at me fall under hating what Islam teaches?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Physicist
07-10-2019, 07:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ameerkam
And if I left him would he have the right to feel hurt and angry about it? Because it’s permissible in Islam to stay away from sinners so would his anger at me fall under hating what Islam teaches?
He have the right to feel angry at you even if you will refuse to drink his urine.

Sorry, but I needed to make such harsh example for a reason.

Some people like to manipulate others by appealing for feelings and such staff, to make them guilty.
That guy may feel whatever he want to.
You are responsible only before Allah.

ameerkam
07-10-2019, 07:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Physicist
He have the right to feel angry at you even if you will refuse to drink his urine.

Sorry, but I needed to make such harsh example for a reason.

Some people like to manipulate others by appealing for feelings and such staff, to make them guilty.
That guy may feel whatever he want to.
You are responsible only before Allah.
Not like that but because the person would be in a fragile mental state, would he have the right to be angry because he’d be left alone with a tough thing to deal with

Ahmed.
07-10-2019, 09:44 PM
I think his anger would be justified as you know he was pushed into drink and you know he could mentally lose it or get worse if you leave him

However you can give him an ultimatum; there is no justification for drinking even if he was abused, so you can tell him, 'bruv you have to give up drinking if I'm to remain your friend' and you can give him a time you think should be enough for him to at least gradually give up drinking

Ahmed.
07-11-2019, 11:01 AM
No it wouldn't fall under hating what Islam teaches as he would be just angry at you leaving him and he wouldn't consider the Islam aspect.

Any Muslim infact wouldn't hate any Islam aspect and any anger or dislike should be interpreted in other ways as I did above to give them hasn ud dhan, I.e. to assume the best of them and find excuses for them

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.