/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Networking

ameerkam
07-16-2019, 08:25 PM
I post poems on social media as I am a writer and I need a platform to help gain some publicity for a book I’m writing. I was told one of the ways to help get followers was to comment on other posts and they’ll probably follow you. Does this fall under minor shirk because you are doing something nice but is for your own gain? I’m a bit confused as to what falls under minor shirk and what doesn’t.

Jazzakallahu Khair

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ahmed.
07-16-2019, 09:03 PM
No it doesn't fall under minor shirk because it is all part of your work (providing that the book you're going to write is halal).

You need to gain followers in order for your book to sell well once you write it, so this will fall under part and parcel of your job or 'seeking Allah's bounty'

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.