/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hypocricy?

Studentofdeed
07-19-2019, 06:44 AM
In the Quran, it says numerous times Hell is forever for hypocrites?
Yet Allah judges us in three ways. First us believing in the oneness of Allah. 2nd is the rights of others. 3 is the obligation and duties of Islam. Hypocrites are those who lie, break promise, betray trust. And argue angrily when they harm others...yet again only Allah knows who is a hypocrite. I'm confused however when they say there are two types of hypocricy. Hypocricy of belief and hypocricy of deeds. The hypocrisy doesnt believe in islam but claims to. The hypocrisy of deeds is the lieing, drinking, and all that stuff. Yet they say hyopcittes are in hell forever? What about jews who became muslims only to cause fitnah...they believed in the oneness of Allah and the prophet muhammad SAW as a messenger...so how were they classified as hypocrites? So does this mean hypocrites do belive in Allah? They know islam is right? How does this relate to modern day hypocrites?

Also minority scholars argue hell isnt forevr... please give insight on that as well
Jazakallah khayran

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ümit
07-19-2019, 08:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Studentofdeed
Also minority scholars argue hell isnt forevr... please give insight on that as well
Jazakallah khayran
i like to react on this part. Heaven and hell are eternal. but before that comes the Barzaq fase. that is the fase where the bill will be presented to the individual. Barzaq is temporary and can be as good as one of the gardens of heaven or one of the pits of hell.
believers with sins will be punished in the Barzaq so that on judgement day they can enter heaven sin free for eternity.
nonbelievers with good deeds will be rewarded in the Barzaq so that on judgement day they enter hell with no good deeds left for eternity.

'Abdullah
07-19-2019, 02:43 PM
Yet Allah judges us in three ways. First us believing in the oneness of Allah. 2nd is the rights of others. 3 is the obligation and duties of Islam. Hypocrites are those who lie, break promise, betray trust. And argue angrily when they harm others...yet again only Allah knows who is a hypocrite. I'm confused however when they say there are two types of hypocricy. Hypocricy of belief and hypocricy of deeds. The hypocrisy doesnt believe in islam but claims to. The hypocrisy of deeds is the lieing, drinking, and all that stuff. Yet they say hyopcittes are in hell forever? What about jews who became muslims only to cause fitnah...they believed in the oneness of Allah and the prophet muhammad SAW as a messenger...so how were they classified as hypocrites? So does this mean hypocrites do belive in Allah? They know islam is right? How does this relate to modern day hypocrites?

Jazakallah khayran
Hypocrisy is a serious sickness and a great crime. It means making an outward display of Islam whilst inwardly disbelief in Allah. Hypocrisy is more dangerous than disbelief and the punishment for it is more severe, because it is mixing of disbelievers with believers and leaving harmful effects on believing Muslims as well as representing a false picture of Islam. Hence Allaah will put the hypocrites in the lowest level of Hell, as He says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Verily, the hypocrites will be in the lowest depth (grade) of the Fire; no helper will you find for them[al-Nisaa’ 4:145]
Now how you know if someone is a hypocrite?

Prophet Muhammad PBUH said:
“Three signs when found in anyone, is a hypocrite even though he fasts and offers prayers and thinks that he is a Muslim: When he is trusted, he is dishonest, when he talks, he lies, and when he makes a promise, he breaks it.” [Al‑Kulayni, al-Kafi, vol.2, p. 290, hadith # 8]
If you see these signs in people around you then try to advise them and if they continue doing the same then try to avoid them and leave their matters in the hand of Allah. Allah knows all and we have no right to judge anyone. If you see these signs in yourself and you are worried that you may be a hypocrite then it is a good sign. Many companions used to feel the same way. This brings a believer more closer to Allah and we continue striving to be better Muslims. Your action plan in that case should be to repent and seek Allah's forgiveness. Ask Allah to help you in removing this sickness from your heart.

Try to recite this dua in every prayer or may be in the morning and evening:

All is the best Judge and it is up to Allah whom He forgives and whom he punishes. Remember, Allah's mercy will always overtake his anger. Don't worry about thing you don't know. Keep a good balance between fear and love of Allah and hope that He will forgive all believers. I hope this answers your first part of the question.

Regarding the second part of your question: There are many verses in Quran which say that the disbelievers will be in hell fire forever. Below are some verses for reference:

They will long to leave the Fire, but never will they leave there from; and theirs will be a lasting torment. (Quran 5:37)
…And they will never leave of the Fire. (Quran 2:167)
Surely, those who disbelieve and did wrong; God will not forgive them, nor will He guide them to any way except the way of Hell, to dwell therein forever. (Quran 4:168-169)
Surely, God has cursed the disbelievers, and has prepared for them a flaming Fire wherein they will abide forever. (Quran 33:64)[QUOTE]
And whosoever disobeys God and His Messenger, then surely, for him is the fire of Hell, he shall dwell therein forever. (Quran 72:23)
I also want to have my opinion on brother Umit's interpretation below:

i like to react on this part. Heaven and hell are eternal. but before that comes the Barzaq fase. that is the fase where the bill will be presented to the individual. Barzaq is temporary and can be as good as one of the gardens of heaven or one of the pits of hell.
believers with sins will be punished in the Barzaq so that on judgement day they can enter heaven sin free for eternity.
nonbelievers with good deeds will be rewarded in the Barzaq so that on judgement day they enter hell with no good deeds left for eternity.
He is right in the sense that between our death and day of Judgement, there is another stage called Barzaq. But he is wrong in his interpretation that non believers will be rewarded in grave so that they can get reward of the good think they have done. We know that in grave three question will be asked and a nonbeliever can't answer those questions. Non-believer will be punished in grave based on what is told in hadiths and Allah knows the best. Below are some hadith for reference:

From Abu Hurayra; Hazrat Prophet (pbuh) was reported to have said the following:

"When a dead body is buried, two jet-black angels with blue eyes come. One of them is called Munkar and the other Nakir. They ask the dead person, What do you say about this man (the Messenger of Allah)? He says what he used to say when he was alive; "He is the slave and messenger of Allah. I witness that there is no god but Allah and I witness that Muhammad (pbuh) is His slave and messenger. The angels say; "We already knew that you said it. Then his grave is expanded seventy times seventy ziras (1 zira = 75 cm) and illuminated. Then, he is told to lie down. He turns to them and asks; Shall I return and inform my family? They say, Sleep like the sleep of a groom that will nobody will wake except the person that he loves most. Thus, he sleeps in the place he is lying down until Almighty Allah revives him.

If he is a munafiq (hypocrite) or non-beliver, he will say, "I would hear what people say and would repeat it. I dont know. The angels will say, We already knew you would say that Then they say to the earth, Squeeze him. The earth squeezes him and his ribs become intertwined. He is tortured in that place until Allah revives him." (Tirmizi, Janaiz, 70)
There are many other hadith I can quote but I think hadith above is enough to make the point I wanted to make.

Ahmed.
07-20-2019, 03:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ümit
Where did you get this from my friend?, I'm sure no Islamic Scholar would tell you this and we shouldn't start exercising our own personal opinions in regards to Islam.

Desbelievers get rewarded in THIS LIFE for their 'good deeds' and in afterlife (barzakh is first stage of afterlife) it's eternal punishment for them

I wrote 'good deeds' in inverted commas because desbelievers do no have any pure good deeds as all their deeds are tainted by shirk

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Studentofdeed
07-20-2019, 06:24 PM
What does it mean to be a pure hypocrite? The Prophet SAW said if someone had all signs they are a pure hypocrite. But does he mean in regards to action or belief? These days are there lots of hypocrite of action or hypocrisy of belief?

They also say hypocrites are very negative while believers are positive. If the believer is depressed and is struggling or having negative outlook on life and doesnt think life will get better, does he come under the category of a hypocrite?

Ümit
07-21-2019, 04:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ahmed.
Where did you get this from my friend?, I'm sure no Islamic Scholar would tell you this and we shouldn't start exercising our own personal opinions in regards to Islam.

Desbelievers get rewarded in THIS LIFE for their 'good deeds' and in afterlife (barzakh is first stage of afterlife) it's eternal punishment for them

I wrote 'good deeds' in inverted commas because desbelievers do no have any pure good deeds as all their deeds are tainted by shirk
so you are saying that disbelievers will get absolutely no reward for any good deeds in Barzaq?

İ like to believe you brother...but could you please give me a source for this claim? just to be sure.

thank you for correcting me

'Abdullah
07-21-2019, 04:20 PM
Scroll up and look at post#3 in this thread. We also recite Surah kahf every Friday. Ayats 104-105 conveys similar message:

[They are] those whose effort is lost in worldly life, while they think that they are doing well in work.
Those are the ones who disbelieve in the verses of their Lord and in [their] meeting Him, so their deeds have become worthless; and We will not assign to them on the Day of Resurrection any importance.
(18:104-105)

Ahmed.
07-21-2019, 04:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ümit
so you are saying that disbelievers will get absolutely no reward for any good deeds in Barzaq?

İ like to believe you brother...but could you please give me a source for this claim? just to be sure.

thank you for correcting me
Well as said brother the kuffar does not have any good deeds as good deed is defined in Islam as that which is done for Allah only and one has to be a Muslim to do that

Kuffar only have relative good however since Allah does not forgive shirk they have no forgiveness in afterlife

Here's hadith of what happens to desbelievers in barzakh and also Quran quotes of what happens to them from moment of death:

https://islamqa.org/hanafi/askimam/19215

- - - Updated - - -

if the man was evil, they say: ‘Come out O evil soul that was in an evil body. Come out blameworthy and receive the tidings of boiling water and dirty wound discharges, and other torments of similar kind, all together [cf. Saad 38:58]. And this is repeated until it comes out, then it is taken up to heaven and it is not opened for it. And it is said: ‘No welcome to the evil soul that was in an evil body. Go back blameworthy, for the gates of heaven will not be opened to you.’ So it is sent back down from heaven, then it goes to the grave.”

But if it is the soul of a disbeliever, then the angels give him the tidings of hell and divine wrath, then they take his soul up, cursed, humiliated and afraid, and the gates of heaven are not opened for it, then it is thrown back down to earth, then it is returned to its body, then the individual is tormented in his grave and it is compressed on him, and there comes to him the heat and smoke of Hell.

But for the disbeliever, it is the first stage of eternal torment, as Allah is angry with him and does not give permission for the gates of heaven or the gates of mercy to be opened to him, and his book is recorded in Sijjeen (the lowest Hell); then his soul will be wretched and he will never feel happy again.

https://islamqa.info/en/answers/2005...e-he-is-buried

[If you could only see the wrongdoers in the throes of death when the angels are stretching out their hands, saying, “Disgorge your own selves! Today you will be repaid with the punishment of humiliation for saying something other than the truth about Allah, and being arrogant about His Signs.”] (Al-An`am 6:93)

[How will it be when the angels take them in death, beating their faces and their backs?] (Muhammad 47:27)

Physicist
07-21-2019, 10:01 PM
Just as an interesting point of view.

Considering imitation of things created by Allah as a great sin.

Considering it in very general form,

Hypocrisy may be seen as a form of such imitation, when hypocrit imitates true belief or some particular character.

There could be different kinds and levels of hypocrisy, but the general idea is such, that it is imitation, aiming for some advantages without doing all work of truly being.
Like, instead of properly studying before an exam, student seeks shortcuts to pass it.

Physicist
07-21-2019, 10:42 PM
And if thinking so, it brings up an interesting and disturbing conclusion:

Imitating disbelief is also a sin!
So, one can't practice secretely, while showing up as a disbeliever.
He obviously have to choose some reasonable way and make Dakwa by his example.

As I'm heading right now to kaffir land, where believers under the tough oppression, I'll have to shift my practice to such a point where I'll be understood.

IslamLife00
07-22-2019, 05:44 AM

Jazakallah khayran

On Judgement Day, there are two judgements, not three :

The first judgement, between creation and Allah :

On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him) from the Prophet (ﷺ), who said:
Allah (mighty and sublime be He) says: The first of his actions for which a servant of Allah will be held accountable on the Day of Resurrection will be his prayers. If they are in order, then he will have prospered and succeeded: and if they are wanting, then he will have failed and lost. If there is something defective in his obligatory prayers, the Lord (glorified and exalted be He) will say: See if My servant has any supererogatory prayers with which may be completed that which was defective in his obligatory prayers. Then the rest of his actions will be judged in like fashion. ( Jami'at-Tirmidhi, Sunan Abu Dawud, Sunan an-Nasa'i, Sunan Ibn Majah and Ahmad)

The second judgement, between creations :

Narrated `Abdullah: The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "The first cases to be decided among the people (on the Day of Resurrection) will be those of blood-shed." (Sahih al Bukhari)

Jahannam and Jannah are eternal, not temporary destination :

Narrated Ibn `Umar: The Prophet; said, "The people of Paradise will enter Paradise, and the people of the (Hell) Fire will enter the (Hell) Fire: then a call-maker will get up (and make an announcement) among them, 'O the people of the (Hell) Fire! No death anymore ! And O people of Paradise! No death (anymore) but Eternity." (Sahih al Bukhari)

As Allah clearly said in the Qur'an (surah At-Tahrim ayat 9) the hypocrites, as well as disbelievers, will end up in Jahannam :
O Prophet, strive against the disbelievers and the hypocrites and be harsh upon them. And their refuge is Hell, and wretched is the destination.

Although Jahannam and Jannah are eternal destinations, the Prophet sallallahu 'alayhi wa salaam is allowed to intercede for some muslims, and Allah will take out any amount of muslims out of Jahannam as He pleases

Anas narrated that the Messenger of allah (s.a.w)said: "My intercession is for the people who committed the major sins in my Ummah." (Jami'at-Tirmidhi)

When Allah would finish judging His bondsmen and because of His mercy decide to take out of Hell such people as He pleases. He would command the angels to bring out those who had not associated anything with Allah; to whom Allah decided to show mercy. those who would say: There is no god but Allah. They (the angels) would recognise them in the Fire by the marks of prostration, for Hell-fire will devour everything (limb) of the sons of Adam except the marks of prostration. Allah has forbidden the fire to consume the marks of prostration. (Sahih Muslim, part of long hadith)

Ahmed.
07-22-2019, 01:12 PM
Talking about hypocrysy, not to mention any names but I know there are probably at least 2 hypocryts in this forum (the non Muslims who pretend to be Muslim). I know because they don't do a very good job of passing themselves off as a Muslim :)

To these guys id say, you're probably caught up in the feel good factor of the perceived sophistication and 'art' of your guile but you guys should consider these verses:

“Verily, the hypocrites will be in the lowest depth (grade) of the Fire; no helper will you find for them[al-Nisaa’ 4:145]

“Surely, Allaah will collect the hypocrites and disbelievers all together in Hell”[al-Nisaa’ 4:140 – interpretation of the meaning]

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!