/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Question on oppression and its judgement

Studentofdeed
07-19-2019, 06:51 AM
Allah says you can do three things when you are oppressed...
You can forgive...
You can wait till day of judgement to get the oppressor's deeds
Or you can make dua against them...

If someone makes dua against an oppressor or ask for help or justice from Allah...does this mean the oppressor doesnt get dealt with in the akhriah? Or are they punished in both worlds. Can the oppressed get deeds and make dua to allah for help? Or is only one option available to them?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ahmed.
07-20-2019, 04:11 PM
Bruv, this dua you're doing against your 'oppressors' is very obviously backfiring on you as you said yourself. You pray for Allah to zap them and then you see them all happy and enjoying life and this infuriates and depresses you more.

So don't you think Allah is trying to tell you something here?

Sometimes other people afflict us by the concurrence of circumstances where we sin and in interaction with other people Allah does us justice for our sins via their actions, so these things you really should just take with a grain of salt and put it down to your own fault

There is a famous story where this man went to hajj without telling his mum and on his way their some people wrongly/falsely accused him of theft and they beat him, after the beating, the man never cursed those people for 'oppressing him', he just said 'I know why Allah willed for this to happen, it's because I hurt my mum by not telling her before I set out for hajj'.

Oppression is what is happening to Muslims in Palestine, in Burma, Syria etc, not when a former friend 'ignores' you at school

Studentofdeed
07-20-2019, 06:28 PM
Even so, I want to still understand...fo oppressor get dealt with only in this life? Or the next life as well? You can still get their good deeds? If a servant of allah asks for help does this mean he cant get the oppressor's deeds? Or does the oppressed need to remain steadfast and wait til day of judgment and cant ask for help or may dua against oppressor

M.I.A.
07-20-2019, 08:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ahmed.
Bruv, this dua you're doing against your 'oppressors' is very obviously backfiring on you as you said yourself. You pray for Allah to zap them and then you see them all happy and enjoying life and this infuriates and depresses you more.

So don't you think Allah is trying to tell you something here?

Sometimes other people afflict us by the concurrence of circumstances where we sin and in interaction with other people Allah does us justice for our sins via their actions, so these things you really should just take with a grain of salt and put it down to your own fault

There is a famous story where this man went to hajj without telling his mum and on his way their some people wrongly/falsely accused him of theft and they beat him, after the beating, the man never cursed those people for 'oppressing him', he just said 'I know why Allah willed for this to happen, it's because I hurt my mum by not telling her before I set out for hajj'.

Oppression is what is happening to Muslims in Palestine, in Burma, Syria etc, not when a former friend 'ignores' you at school
Firstly..wow, how can you live knowing what you know..

In a world so hollow you can hear the knocking echo.

And secondly.. what happens if you cant be cruel anymore?

No I'm kidding about the second part..

The funny thing is that I suppose this understanding is universal.. I'm a minority at work but everyone knows.

World breaking.

...I still go there to work and be helpful. O_o

Ah the mind.. what a wonderful place to be.

I suppose it's what the young kids call the game.. everytime you remember the game, you lose the game.. the point of the game is not to remember the game.

...the game.

Authubillahi mina shaitan niraheem, bismillah irahman niraheem.. loosely spelled and plenty of astakfirullah..

Remember it often if only to remember to remember.

Maybe we might get good at the game one day.

But its crazy because everyone else is sooo high!!!

And I quit weed decades ago! ...maybe the doctor might ask, if I let slip about the voices.

...I'm kidding but..not really T_T

I love work, reminds me of football.. to be in the moment and good and free..

But not really.

..just hoping on some nice B's

Your story was better though.

Iv been robbed a couple times and even the thieves were wise enough to know!!

One blatantly said he wouldn't be here unless I was doing something wrong!! ..i ended up giving him a lift home after cornering him in a car park.

And another said life was a test while paying me with a stolen credit card! ..I didnt realise until the bank laughed.

...I have a new life now, but old habits are usually the ones we are judged on.

Character.

But ya do have to wonder about Palestine and the such.. just how good do you have to be?

But for 26 years I was just me.

...now I spend my time trying to convince myself that I'm with the real one, never mind anyone else.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ahmed.
07-21-2019, 06:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by M.I.A.
Firstly..wow, how can you live knowing what you know..

In a world so hollow you can hear the knocking echo.

And secondly.. what happens if you cant be cruel anymore?

No I'm kidding about the second part..

The funny thing is that I suppose this understanding is universal.. I'm a minority at work but everyone knows.

World breaking.

...I still go there to work and be helpful. O_o

Ah the mind.. what a wonderful place to be.

I suppose it's what the young kids call the game.. everytime you remember the game, you lose the game.. the point of the game is not to remember the game.

...the game.

Authubillahi mina shaitan niraheem, bismillah irahman niraheem.. loosely spelled and plenty of astakfirullah..

Remember it often if only to remember to remember.

Maybe we might get good at the game one day.

But its crazy because everyone else is sooo high!!!

And I quit weed decades ago! ...maybe the doctor might ask, if I let slip about the voices.

...I'm kidding but..not really T_T

I love work, reminds me of football.. to be in the moment and good and free..

But not really.

..just hoping on some nice B's

Your story was better though.

Iv been robbed a couple times and even the thieves were wise enough to know!!

One blatantly said he wouldn't be here unless I was doing something wrong!! ..i ended up giving him a lift home after cornering him in a car park.

And another said life was a test while paying me with a stolen credit card! ..I didnt realise until the bank laughed.

...I have a new life now, but old habits are usually the ones we are judged on.

Character.

But ya do have to wonder about Palestine and the such.. just how good do you have to be?

But for 26 years I was just me.

...now I spend my time trying to convince myself that I'm with the real one, never mind anyone else.
How can I know? It's simple,! :) Allah tells us in Quran and we also have it in our aqeedah:

2:286. Allah tasketh not a soul beyond its scope. For it (is only) that which it hath earned, and against it (only) that which it hath deserved. ... .......

He gives guidance to whoever He wills, and protects them, and keeps them safe from harm, out of His generosity; and He leads astray whoever He wills, and abases them, and afflicts them, out of His justice.
All of them are subject to His will between either His generosity or His justice.

http://www.masud.co.uk/ISLAM/misc/tahawi.htm

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.