/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Why do we not beat ourselves?

Studentofdeed
07-28-2019, 01:31 AM
Often we are guilty of sinning and we want Allah to forgive us...yet we still do not know if he has forgiven us...like how do we even know if our own repentance was sincere? Why do we not beat our selves and punish us so we can show Allah we are ashamed and deserved to be punished? Please answer and do not think I'm trying to cause fitnah. It's an honest question because I do not know...why do nonmuslims beat them selves and why do the shia muslims beat themselves too?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Abz2000
07-28-2019, 01:45 AM
Atonement.

atonement
/əˈtəʊnm(ə)nt/
noun
the action of making amends for a wrong or injury.
"he submitted his resignation as an act of atonement"
(in religious contexts) reparation or expiation for sin.
"an annual ceremony of confession and atonement for sin"
synonyms: reparation, compensation, recompense, payment, repayment, redress, restitution, indemnity, indemnification, expiation, penance, redemption; More

Faults are normally rectified by tipping the balance with good deeds.
Pulling at your hair and screaming "i'm so evil" , "i'm so unjust" , doesn't really fix things - unless stated in past tense with intentions and/or measures to do better in future.

Khaalid ibn al waleed could have struck himself with his own sword out of zeal and ignominy for what he had done to Muslims with it in the past - but he used his skills to serve Allah :swt: and to atone for his past evil actions.

anatolian
07-28-2019, 11:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Studentofdeed
Often we are guilty of sinning and we want Allah to forgive us...yet we still do not know if he has forgiven us...like how do we even know if our own repentance was sincere? Why do we not beat our selves and punish us so we can show Allah we are ashamed and deserved to be punished? Please answer and do not think I'm trying to cause fitnah. It's an honest question because I do not know...why do nonmuslims beat them selves and why do the shia muslims beat themselves too?
Does Allah want atonement? Where do you see it in Quran?

Ahmed.
07-28-2019, 12:58 PM
Shaytan wants us to beat ourselves because that's how depression sets in and the mind gets captivated by shaytan.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Studentofdeed
07-28-2019, 09:50 PM
Ah gotxha..why do nonmuslims and the shias hit themselves then?

Ahmed.
07-28-2019, 10:11 PM
Non Muslims and shias do not have any sound guidance like Muslims/sunnis do, so they can easily get it wrong as to the best way to live one's life. The shias have deviated from the sunnah path thus they too are subject to the falacy of personal human opinion

Allah (swt) has given us tawbah and informed us He is the most Merciful and the forgiver thus all we need to do is repent sincerely, not thrash ourselves

Saira Khan
07-28-2019, 10:25 PM
Ah gotxha..why do nonmuslims and the shias hit themselves then?
It is actually Allah that make them beat themselves to punish them even in this world. People who have sins irreparable (related to false belief specially), or whom Allah SWT does not want to repent, are subjected to beat themselves (Remember beating oneself is haraam in Islam). While people whom Allah SWT wants to forgive and to correct them before leaving this world, are given the weapon of repentance and "Dua".
Stay blessed.

keiv
07-29-2019, 12:12 AM
Wouldn't you know if something you did was sincere or not? We show Allah we're ashamed by quitting whatever habits we have and asking for forgiveness. It's a simple concept.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.