/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Ruling on playing video games

Nitro Zeus
07-28-2019, 07:08 PM
Assalamu alaikum,

Can someone please tell me what is the condition of playing: Clash Royale, Clash of Clans, Grand theft auto and Call of duty?

Because, I like to play these games especially Grand theft auto, that's my favorit type of game

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Saira Khan
07-28-2019, 09:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nitro Zeus
Assalamu alaikum,

Can someone please tell me what is the condition of playing: Clash Royale, Clash of Clans, Grand theft auto and Call of duty?

Because, I like to play these games especially Grand theft auto, that's my favorit type of game
وعلیکم السلام ورحمتہ اللہ وبرکاتہ

For a common Muslim, the shariah's ruling is that there is nothing bad in playing these games and Islam does not forbid from leisure or making fun in permissible ways, as long as they do not get into the ways of performing obligatory duties (praying properly and in time, honor for parents etc) and provided that these games do not include anything that is haraam, like nudity, games which are based on hatred of Muslims and Islam, games etc etc.

For staunch believers ,all time wasting things become automatically meaningless and rather irritating. There is a saying from a well known Sufi Saint in his poetry " Any moment which I spend without remembrance of Allah SWT, I am a Kafir (Non believer) in those moments". But well, we cannot follow those people, for the majority of people cannot be at such levels of belief (Eemaan).

On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him) who said: “The Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: “Part of the perfection of a person’s Islam is his leaving that which is of no concern to him.”
(A hasan hadith. Recorded by at-Tirmidhi and others in that fashion)

Sister_44546
07-29-2019, 02:39 PM
You should try not to. GTA is definitely haram because it involves nudity and killing. It is good to stay away from these games because it distracts you and you may become addicted. Instead of playing games, maybe you could try to spend some time with a loved one?? A family member or friend?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.