/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is it correct to pray Ishraq at sunrise?

Nitro Zeus
07-29-2019, 09:32 AM
Assalamu alaikum,

If I want to pray Ishraq at Sunrise, would that be ok? Because, Ishraq means Sunrise, right?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ahmed.
07-29-2019, 01:21 PM
Understanding these things will be too difficult and confusing for you with your illness bro; I've seen how the sunrise and ishrak issue has been explained multiple time to you in last week's but you're still confused and havnt gone past square 1 in understanding it.

Maybe you should leave confusing matters and just do nafls for extra's?

Saira Khan
07-29-2019, 08:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nitro Zeus
Assalamu alaikum,

If I want to pray Ishraq at Sunrise, would that be ok? Because, Ishraq means Sunrise, right?
السلام علیکم ورحمتہ اللہ وبرکاتہ

Yes Ishraq means Sunrise, emergence, daybreak etc but the prayer is called Post Sunrise prayer.
Salat al-Ishraq (Post-Sunrise Prayer) Ishraq Prayer is a nafl prayer which is performed about 45 minutes (three quarters) after sunrise (according to the Hanafi school of thought) or 20 minutess after sunrise (according to the Shafi school). According to some others 12 minutes after the Sunrise.
Stay blessed.

Ahmed.
08-01-2019, 09:20 PM
@Nitro Zeus walaikum assalam rahmatullahi barakatuh

Never pray any salah during sunrise; in Hanafi madhab (The school of thought practiced by more than half of Muslims of the world) praying during sunrise invalidates salah, I.e. salah is not accepted by Allah during then

You can pray ishrak 15-20 mins after sunrise begins.

If you want to pray lots of extra salahs to Allah, then as long as you avoid the haram and makruh times you can pray as much nafl salah as you like. Nafl is prayed same as 2 rakaahs fard but with the intention of nafl

Ishrak is prayed 4 rakaahs; the 4 rakaahs is prayed in 2 rakaahs each and not 4 all together, I.e. you pray 2 rakaahs, finish that salah and then you pray another 2 rakaahs

Some wali Allah of the past prayed upto 300 nafl rakaahs a day

- - - Updated - - -

format_quote Originally Posted by Saira Khan
السلام علیکم ورحمتہ اللہ وبرکاتہ

Yes Ishraq means Sunrise, emergence, daybreak etc but the prayer is called Post Sunrise prayer.
Salat al-Ishraq (Post-Sunrise Prayer) Ishraq Prayer is a nafl prayer which is performed about 45 minutes (three quarters) after sunrise (according to the Hanafi school of thought) or 20 minutess after sunrise (according to the Shafi school). According to some others 12 minutes after the Sunrise.
Stay blessed.
In Hanafi madhab ishrak is prayed 15-20 mins after sunrise begins. Just starting after 15 mins is fine too

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Nitro Zeus
08-02-2019, 06:53 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ahmed.
@Nitro Zeus walaikum assalam rahmatullahi barakatuh

Never pray any salah during sunrise; in Hanafi madhab (The school of thought practiced by more than half of Muslims of the world) praying during sunrise invalidates salah, I.e. salah is not excepted by Allah during then

You can pray ishrak 15-20 mins after sunrise begins.

If you want to pray lots of extra salahs to Allah, then as long as you avoid the haram and makruh times you can pray as much nafl salah as you like. Nafl is prayed same as 2 rakaahs fard but with the intention of nafl

Ishrak is prayed 4 rakaahs; the 4 rakaahs is prayed in 2 rakaahs each and not 4 all together, I.e. you pray 2 rakaahs, finish that salah and then you pray another 2 rakaahs

Some wali Allah of the past prayed upto 300 nafl rakaahs a day

- - - Updated - - -

In Hanafi madhab ishrak is prayed 15-20 mins after sunrise begins. Just starting after 15 mins is fine too
Ok, thanx for the information

MazharShafiq
08-02-2019, 05:43 PM
Just starting after 15 mins is fine too

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.