PDA

View Full Version : Adhan before Fajr?



Allah’sServant
07-30-2019, 07:30 AM
Salam,
I would like to ask, what is the adhan before Fajr for? Is it Tahajjud? And if I prayed Fajr before the time without knowing, does it still count or do I have to repeat it?
Jazakoumallah Khayr
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Aaima zahid
07-30-2019, 11:38 AM
Originally Posted by Allah’sServant
Salam,
I would like to ask, what is the adhan before Fajr for? Is it Tahajjud? And if I prayed Fajr before the time without knowing, does it still count or do I have to repeat it?
Jazakoumallah Khayr
Walikumaslam,
Yes it is Tahajjud. If you didn’t know then it’s fine but it is not permissible to pray a prayer before the time comes in as the prayer time having entered is a condition for the validity of the prayer.
Allah Most High says, “After performing the ritual prayer, continue to remember God– standing, sitting, and lying on your sides– and once you are safe, keep up regular prayer, for prayer is obligatory for the believers at prescribed times.” [4.103]

And indeed Allah knows best.
Reply

Ahmed.
07-30-2019, 01:16 PM
So you live in a country where adhan is given with speakers?

There is no masjid speaker adhan for tahajjud

Masjid vary in their time for fajr or sometimes an adhan is given at it's earliest time and other mosques delay a bit until 30 mins before jamaat

So it could have been fajr adhan you heard
Reply

Aaima zahid
07-30-2019, 01:58 PM
Originally Posted by Ahmed.
So you live in a country where adhan is given with speakers?

There is no masjid speaker adhan for tahajjud

Masjid vary in their time for fajr or sometimes an adhan is given at it's earliest time and other mosques delay a bit until 30 mins before jamaat

So it could have been fajr adhan you heard
In our country some molvi’s give adhan for tahajjud as well as they say if we wake up early we give adhan so other also come to pray tahajjud.

Is it wrong?
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
Ahmed.
07-30-2019, 02:13 PM
Originally Posted by Aaima zahid
In our country some molvi’s give adhan for tahajjud as well as they say if we wake up early we give adhan so other also come to pray tahajjud.

Is it wrong?
Er not sure if it's wrong, but it can create a confusion sometimes and someone may mistake it for fajr adhan

Tahajjud is a nafl ibadah and a person has every right to sleep without being disturbed at night so making a loud noise with adhan for tahajjud could be wrong for this reason

There are hadiths that say bilal (ra) sometimes gave adhan for tahajjud, but that was a ultra pious community in Medinah and most Muslims might have prayed tahajjud, unlike the Muslims of today
Reply

Aaima zahid
07-30-2019, 02:49 PM
Originally Posted by Ahmed.
Er not sure if it's wrong, but it can create a confusion sometimes and someone may mistake it for fajr adhan

Tahajjud is a nafl ibadah and a person has every right to sleep without being disturbed at night so making a loud noise with adhan for tahajjud could be wrong for this reason

There are hadiths that say bilal (ra) sometimes gave adhan for tahajjud, but that was a ultra pious community in Medinah and most Muslims might have prayed tahajjud, unlike the Muslims of today
Yes they also don’t do it regularly but sometimes. I don’t hear it every day though.
Reply

Ahmed.
07-30-2019, 03:13 PM
Originally Posted by Aaima zahid
Yes they also don’t do it regularly but sometimes. I don’t hear it every day though.
Well that's a relief! :)

I think they know of bilal (ra) giving adhan for tahajjud so they assume it's ok for them to do too, but as long as they give adhan in good faith then they will be rewarded InshAllah
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-14-2015, 09:56 PM
  2. Replies: 26
    Last Post: 02-13-2012, 04:17 PM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-14-2011, 03:19 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-05-2008, 08:18 PM

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!