/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Ruling on asking Allah for something unseen

Nitro Zeus
08-01-2019, 07:56 AM
Assalamu alaikum,

Is it ok if I were to make this dua:

"O Allah, please show me in dream at what age I will die, and will O die during the day or night? Please, can You please reveal this informations to me in dream? Can You please show me in dream of how will You resurrect the people from grave, will You raise them by opening the grave or will we come out from grave without us to know that we have awaked, how? Can You please show me how Sirat bridge looks like? I want to have a clear image of Sirat bridge"

Is this halal dua to make?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ahmed.
08-01-2019, 01:41 PM
Bruv sorry to bring your bipolar up time and time again but this is related to your illness

All this weird line of thinking will just exacerbate your condition and deter from healing

Do you think a normal person will think like that and ask such questions?

Try to be normal as shaytan wants you to remain 'weird' as weird thoughts can ultimately effect iman for the worse

Be grateful for Islam, do your 5 daily prayers, even lots of nafls if u can, read Quran, etc etc; there's enough 'normal' stuff for you to be forever busy with, so try to refrain from all the weird stuff!

Ahmed.
08-01-2019, 04:15 PM
I might as well answer your question now and show you how it's weird

Death is a matter Allah has hidden from us, no one knows their time of death so why would you want to know it?. Even wanting to know the year of death is weird. These thoughts are nothing but satanic waswas and is a symptom of your illness and the way to beat your illness is to ignore it, quell it and not 'feed it'

Why on earth would you want to know exactly how we are resurrected?, there is no point in knowing. We should be preparing for the resurrection and not wasting our time with obsessions of wanting to know useless details

Also, for Allah to reveal matters to us through dreams, we have to be very pious and beloved to Allah for such things so when our iman is such a state that we'd rather not do salah in public because the kuffar are going to mock.... it's pretty foolhardy to even think such prayers can be granted

Nitro Zeus
08-01-2019, 04:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ahmed.
I might as well answer your question now and show you how it's weird

Death is a matter Allah has hidden from us, no one knows their time of death so why would you want to know it?. Even wanting to know the year of death is weird. These thoughts are nothing but satanic waswas and is a symptom of your illness and the way to beat your illness is to ignore it, quell it and not 'feed it'

Why on earth would you want to know exactly how we are resurrected?, there is no point in knowing. We should be preparing for the resurrection and not wasting our time with obsessions of wanting to know useless details

Also, for Allah to reveal matters to us through dreams, we have to be very pious and beloved to Allah for such things so when our iman is such a state that we'd rather not do salah in public because the kuffar are going to mock.... it's pretty foolhardy to even think such prayers can be granted
The reason I want to know is because, all my life I've been wondering how much I'm going to live. And also, if I were to know my own time of death, then that would be a relief because I would know that I have enough time to make preparations for Hereafter. And also I was always curios about the Day of Resurrection. And because, I've been asking always myself how are we gonna be raised from grave.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ahmed.
08-01-2019, 05:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nitro Zeus
The reason I want to know is because, all my life I've been wondering how much I'm going to live. And also, if I were to know my own time of death, then that would be a relief because I would know that I have enough time to make preparations for Hereafter. And also I was always curios about the Day of Resurrection. And because, I've been asking always myself how are we gonna be raised from grave.
I understand, but since time of death is hidden from everyone, even it was hidden from Prophet (saw) then this is something we cannot know so that's why it's not worth wishing to know. Any such wishes should be recognised as a symptom of your illness now as now you have better knowledge of Islam and also have a mapped out path as to how to live your life (I.e. that you should be engaged in prayer, dawah. And preparing for afterlife etc)

Now you have an opportunity to root out this abnormality you have been hampered with all your life as now you have the path to success both in this life and hereafter made clear to you, so Anytime these abnormal thoughts occur, why not ignore them and turn to zikr instead?, or even dawah on here.

The more you learn to ignore and quell those weird thoughts, the more you will become a better Muslim; remaining positive and shunning weird thoughts is part of Islam too as, as we've already seen, feeding waswas can take you to the brink of disaster where satan tried to make you certain of getting jannah whereas faith in Islam lies between hope and fear and both certainty and despair takes us outside of faith. Similarly, obsessions to know the unseen and what even the Prophets have not been privy to once again is nothing but satan trying to make you fall foul of faith itself

I can understand your illness leads you to think the way you do, but since you are trying to attain jannah, be aware of how satan uses your illness to mess your faith up altogether!

In regards to knowing time of death will give you assurance that you have time to save yourself; this takes away from sincerity as it is cheating. The test on us is to always be in a state of submission to Allah as we don't know the time of our deaths, so trying to know it is a sort of trying to cheat. Everyone should face the same test, and that involves not knowing our time of death

Nitro Zeus
08-01-2019, 05:37 PM
I understand, but since time of death is hidden from everyone, even it was hidden from Prophet (saw) then this is something we cannot know so that's why it's not worth wishing to know. Any such wishes should be recognised as a symptom of your illness now as now you have better knowledge of Islam and also have a mapped out path as to how to live your life (I.e. that you should be engaged in prayer, dawah. And preparing for afterlife etc)

Now you have an opportunity to root out this abnormality you have been hampered with all your life as now you have the path to success both in this life and hereafter made clear to you, so Anytime these abnormal thoughts occur, why not ignore them and turn to zikr instead?, or even dawah on here.

The more you learn to ignore and quell those weird thoughts, the more you will become a better Muslim; remaining positive and shunning weird thoughts is part of Islam too as, as we've already seen, feeding waswas can take you to the brink of disaster where satan tried to make you certain of getting jannah whereas faith in Islam lies between hope and fear and both certainty and despair takes us outside of faith. Similarly, obsessions to know the unseen and what even the Prophets have not been privy to once again is nothing but satan trying to make you fall foul of faith itself

I can understand your illness leads you to think the way you do, but since you are trying to attain jannah, be aware of how satan uses your illness to mess your faith up altogether!

In regards to knowing time of death will give you assurance that you have time to save yourself; this takes away from sincerity as it is cheating. The test on us is to always be in a state of submission to Allah as we don't know the time of our deaths, so trying to know it is a sort of trying to cheat. Everyone should face the same test, and that involves not knowing our time of death
Ok, now I understand. I didnt meant to have any sort of ilness. This satan really drives me nuts. Ya Satan, tuf alaik wala shaklak.

Ahmed.
08-01-2019, 05:42 PM
Ok, now I understand. I didnt meant to have any sort of ilness. This satan really drives me nuts. Ya Satan, tuf alaik wala shaklak.
There's a good boy! (Don't feel patronised. I'm old enuf to be ur daddy hehe)

Don't worry, engage more in dawah and ask questions to learn your deen rather than wanting to know the unseen, and by Allah's blessings you will be healed. Obeying Allah is the best 'medicine' for all ailments :)

Nitro Zeus
08-01-2019, 06:01 PM
There's a good boy! (Don't feel patronised. I'm old enuf to be ur daddy hehe)

Don't worry, engage more in dawah and ask questions to learn your deen rather than wanting to know the unseen, and by Allah's blessings you will be healed. Obeying Allah is the best 'medicine' for all ailments :)
Nevermind

Ahmed.
08-01-2019, 06:11 PM
Do you think it will hurt satan's feelings if I say like this "---- you and all your dam race, mother----er ------, and leave me the hell alone"?
There's no need to say that, especially the m f bit :Emoji22:. We are not Harlem gangstas now r we? :Emoji48:

Just ignore satan and focus on your deen. Focus on staying busy with positive things and when you are resting, try to keep up zikr or read an Islamic book

Remember, the 'key' is to act 'normal' and I think you'd be able to recognise what is abnormal... a normal guy wouldn't waste his time swearing at satan would he?, he'll just be busy with ibadah, positivity and peaceful rest :)

Nitro Zeus
08-01-2019, 06:23 PM
There's no need to say that, especially the m f bit :Emoji22:. We are not Harlem gangstas now r we? :Emoji48:

Just ignore satan and focus on your deen. Focus on staying busy with positive things and when you are resting, try to keep up zikr or read an Islamic book

Remember, the 'key' is to act 'normal' and I think you'd be able to recognise what is abnormal... a normal guy wouldn't waste his time swearing at satan would he?, he'll just be busy with ibadah, positivity and peaceful rest :)
Maashallah! Great idea bro. Thats what I will do. I want to spend my life performthing dhikr and praying extra just like the Prophet did.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.