/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Salam and Tidings of a New Wiki

MHasan_
08-02-2019, 08:52 PM
السَّلَامُ عَلَيْكُمْ‎

My name is Muhammad Hasan, I am a hobbyist programmer. I endeavour to use my skills to serve Islam.

For instance, I have set up a Wiki which I hope to get knowledgeable contributors adding to, to be a resource for teaching Islamic history and the Islamic worldview that is so often misrepresented in west-oriented sources like Wikipedia (that frequently use/overuse orientalist sources) and sectarian sources that have the funding of certain governments. I am not a scholar myself, and so will generally stick to moderating/administrating, formatting articles, writing help pages and writing articles to do with more easily accessible history - so I really do need knowldgeable people to contribute to the Wiki to make it an effective resource. My own particular skills are in Programming (Python, C++ etc.), but I am developing my HTML and CSS skills for the Wiki.

Here is the url to the Wiki Main page:
https://muslim.miraheze.org/wiki/Main_Page

In addition, I think it would be great if we could start a thread/topic on this forum where we can discuss the Wiki.

I hope we can all help develop this as a resource.

-M. Hasan

PS: We could particularly use people who can read Turkish and Arabic at the moment.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Iceee
08-03-2019, 12:37 AM
Salaam brother Muhammad Hasan,

Firstly welcome to our forum!

I've checked out your website. It looks really good. Keep it up. Spreading knowledge about Islam will definitely strive to help our Muslim Brothers and Sisters Inshallah.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.