/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Cupping hands for dua

Islami.Mu'mina
08-04-2019, 02:17 PM
Assalamu alaykum. I know that the prophet Muhammad Sallallahu alayhi wasalam did not cup his hands often. I like to make dua each morning of things I want (worldly and religious). Should I cup my hands or is this bid’ah. Also, what about during supplications and invocations? (Ex. Dua when in distress, when going to bed, entering the house, entering market place, when angry ect.). There are a lot of supplications to make but I don’t know whether it is necessary to cup the hands.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ahmed.
08-04-2019, 04:13 PM
walaikum assalam rahmatullahi barakatuh

When you make the sunnah dua's before commencing daily things like sleep, eat, walk, going to market place etc, no need to cup hands, but for other suplications then it's sunnah to cup hands. The cupping of hands basically is you putting out your hands to Allah in a begging manner just like a begger would put his hands out to a person.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.