/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Ummrah and niqab

Aaima zahid
08-04-2019, 04:22 PM
Asslamoalikum,
Greetings to all. I want to know that can you do niqab when you are performing ummrah?
My realtive recently performed her ummrah (MashAllah) she said when i was going to perform ummrah i un-covered my face but her father got angrier with her that why did you uncovered your face put it on again so she performed her ummrah in niqab ... i want to know that if you perform ummrah in niqab do you sin? Or there is some penalty you need to pay?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ümit
08-04-2019, 09:22 PM
no...for what İ know...only men have a dresscode...they have to wear the two pieces unprocessed cloth (sorry, İ do not know the name).
women can dress as normal.
if İ am wrong please let me know

Saira Khan
08-04-2019, 11:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aaima zahid
Asslamoalikum,
Greetings to all. I want to know that can you do niqab when you are performing ummrah?
My realtive recently performed her ummrah (MashAllah) she said when i was going to perform ummrah i un-covered my face but her father got angrier with her that why did you uncovered your face put it on again so she performed her ummrah in niqab ... i want to know that if you perform ummrah in niqab do you sin? Or there is some penalty you need to pay?
وعلیکم السلام ورحمتہ اللہ وبرکاتہ

"The Messenger (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم) forbade woman in ihram for Hajj or ‘umrah to wear the niqab and gloves".
Narrated by al-Bukhaari.

But there is no report that shows that in the time of the Prophet (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم) women performed hajj or umrah without covering their faces. Parda (covering of face) for women is necessary and a must in hajj and umrah as well when there are non mahram men around. There is a dress code for women too. A Woman in ihram have to cover her face with such a thing which does not touch her face while covering her face at the same time like a headcover coming down to the face or something like a hat.

What is meant by “women should not wear the niqab or gloves” is that they should not wear something that is made to fit the face, such as the niqab, or to fit the hands, such as gloves. It does not mean that a woman should not cover her face and hands, as some people imagine. It is obligatory to cover them, but with something other than the niqab and gloves.
From Majmoo‘ Fataawa Ibn Baaz (5/223)

Aaima zahid
08-05-2019, 08:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Saira Khan
وعلیکم السلام ورحمتہ اللہ وبرکاتہ

"The Messenger (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم) forbade woman in ihram for Hajj or ‘umrah to wear the niqab and gloves".
Narrated by al-Bukhaari.

But there is no report that shows that in the time of the Prophet (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم) women performed hajj or umrah without covering their faces. Parda (covering of face) for women is necessary and a must in hajj and umrah as well when there are non mahram men around. There is a dress code for women too. A Woman in ihram have to cover her face with such a thing which does not touch her face while covering her face at the same time like a headcover coming down to the face or something like a hat.

What is meant by “women should not wear the niqab or gloves” is that they should not wear something that is made to fit the face, such as the niqab, or to fit the hands, such as gloves. It does not mean that a woman should not cover her face and hands, as some people imagine. It is obligatory to cover them, but with something other than the niqab and gloves.
From Majmoo‘ Fataawa Ibn Baaz (5/223)
Sister she performed her ummrah with loose fitted niqab so is it okay? But it is what she also use in her daily niqab.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
فصيح الياسين
08-05-2019, 06:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aaima zahid
Sister she performed her ummrah with loose fitted niqab so is it okay? But it is what she also use in her daily niqab.
On her is sheep

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.