/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Doing Wudu - How do you do it?

Mr.Muslimbro
08-05-2019, 03:35 AM
As salam alikum wa rahmatAllah wa Barakatuh. From what I’ve understood, for wudu to be valid water drops must flow on every part to be washed (except when wiping the hair on head).
I have to issues:

1) Washing the face: I struggle being confident water has flowed over my face, especially from the top of my forehead. I find it difficult to cover the entire face with water. I’ve seen many people washing their faces from bottom to top but I fail to see how this could actually fulfill the requirement of wudu as it doesn’t seem like water is flowing on the entire face. I find it easier to wash from top of the face to the bottom.

2) It takes me at least a minute to say I’ve confidently fully washed the limb while I see many people take only 10 seconds and they do seem to cover all of it. Why does it take me so long? I find wudu difficult to be fair. I feel like everyone knows how to do wudu except for me.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
فصيح الياسين
08-05-2019, 08:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mr.Muslimbro
As salam alikum wa rahmatAllah wa Barakatuh. From what I’ve understood, for wudu to be valid water drops must flow on every part to be washed (except when wiping the hair on head).
I have to issues:

1) Washing the face: I struggle being confident water has flowed over my face, especially from the top of my forehead. I find it difficult to cover the entire face with water. I’ve seen many people washing their faces from bottom to top but I fail to see how this could actually fulfill the requirement of wudu as it doesn’t seem like water is flowing on the entire face. I find it easier to wash from top of the face to the bottom.

2) It takes me at least a minute to say I’ve confidently fully washed the limb while I see many people take only 10 seconds and they do seem to cover all of it. Why does it take me so long? I find wudu difficult to be fair. I feel like everyone knows how to do wudu except for me.
Dont get confused just spill waters and get it done

keiv
08-05-2019, 10:23 AM
Cup a little bit of water in your hands and spread it on wherever you want to apply it. Once you apply it, wipe the area down again with your hands to spread it. Use minimal amounts of water as wasting it is discouraged. Its not uncommon to go behind someone who did wudu to find that the washing area looks like a hurricane passed through there =\

Ahmed.
08-05-2019, 01:33 PM
:wa:

You don't have to be 100% sure that all wudhu areas are wet, just knowing that they are PROBABLY all wet is enough

Also water does not need to 'flow' over them areas, these wudhu areas just need to be wet that's all

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Saira Khan
08-05-2019, 08:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mr.Muslimbro

وعلیکم السلام ورحمتہ اللہ وبرکاتہ

Refer to the following hadith:

(Waswasa is from Shaitan. Beware of the wasawis of Shaitan when you are making wudu’, performing ghusl, and cleaning impurity.)
[Tirmidhi]

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.