/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hey all Kelsey here

Kelsey28
08-06-2019, 11:02 AM
I am 28yo amercian girl with usa field hockey team in London - living with a great Bangladeshi fmaily while here training but they have introduced me to islam and say I am ready to convert as does Imam but I am worried about my family in usa while the family here are totally supportive. Some Bd friends suggest I come here and talk to others and women in particular about it.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ahmed.
08-06-2019, 11:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kelsey28
I am 28yo amercian girl with usa field hockey team in London - living with a great Bangladeshi fmaily while here training but they have introduced me to islam and say I am ready to convert as does Imam but I am worried about my family in usa while the family here are totally supportive. Some Bd friends suggest I come here and talk to others and women in particular about it.
Welcome Sister Kelsey and it's great to see you are considering converting! :)

I'm sure some sisters here can help you out :)

Kelsey28
08-06-2019, 12:11 PM
Thanks Ahmed. Any help i can get would be useful. Would need to give up my feld hockey for tea usa also according to Imam as clothing is inapprpriate

Ahmed.
08-06-2019, 12:25 PM
You don't really have to give up your field hockey straight away, the important thing now is that nothing puts you off from converting so you can convert and give things up all in good time as you get more religious.

If you really believe that Islam is from God then you should convert. How about telling your USA family about you considering conversion and see their reaction?, you never know, they just may be ok with it.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Kelsey28
08-06-2019, 12:49 PM
hhhh i now they will not be Ahmed as they are really quite anti islam as was my ex boyfriend - thats why the BD fmaily here said they would embrace me if I give up team usa and convert and not to worry about usa fmaily. The team are also bit anti Islam too so it will be difficult.

Ahmed.
08-06-2019, 01:17 PM
hhhh i now they will not be Ahmed as they are really quite anti islam as was my ex boyfriend - thats why the BD fmaily here said they would embrace me if I give up team usa and convert and not to worry about usa fmaily. The team are also bit anti Islam too so it will be difficult.
Wow that's a really good family Sister and if you convert you will immediately have a Muslim family; your family, to support your every step and be there for you :)

I think, since you already have this support in place, you should take the plunge and go for it! Convert and please your Maker Allah (swt)! :)

Kelsey28
08-06-2019, 01:27 PM
thanks Ahmed - the imam whi has seen me says change name to become mor e uslim right away and take BD family name herein London to immerse ive up team usa field hockey once converted as clothing not right and hijab is best clothing - but cant help feeling a bit nervous hhh I am gym now in full gym gear and Mrs lutfur who is back home says come home an change into hijab right away and listen to what people are advising in here. When i arrvied in Lonodn two moths ago for training and was alloacetd this family to stay with never knew i woud end up in this position. Its been a whilwind but it was difficult to escape from islamic infleunce when living with a muslim fmaily who are quite strict anyhow !!! i was supposed to be all a mercian sports field hockey girl to family and friends and this s not how i am ending up hh but Imam is quit sure i should come out of team as he feels ferocious competition not good for me .

Ahmed.
08-06-2019, 01:35 PM
thanks Ahmed - the imam whi has seen me says change name to become mor e uslim right away and take BD family name herein London to immerse ive up team usa field hockey once converted as clothing not right and hijab is best clothing - but cant help feeling a bit nervous hhh I am gym now in full gym gear and Mrs lutfur who is back home says come home an change into hijab right away and listen to what people are advising in here. When i arrvied in Lonodn two moths ago for training and was alloacetd this family to stay with never knew i woud end up in this position. Its been a whilwind but it was difficult to escape from islamic infleunce when living with a muslim fmaily who are quite strict anyhow !!! i was supposed to be all a mercian sports field hockey girl to family and friends and this s not how i am ending up hh but Imam is quit sure i should come out of team as he feels ferocious competition not good for me .
The choice is yours Sister so don't feel pressured by them. Hmmm if Mrs Lutfur is demanding you go change into a hijab now then they seem too strict and sort of throwing yourself at their hands by converting might make you more trapped and vulnerable to adhere to their strict demands

Islam is about whether a person really recognises it as the truthful religion and wanting to convert by choice so if this hasn't happened then explain to your 'family' that you'll look into Islam but you don't like to be pressured, and as a non-Muslim now you don't have to wear hijab

Kelsey28
08-06-2019, 01:44 PM
Thanks Ahmed - I see exactly where they are coming from and the imam and the fmaily here are right I guess about covering up. I believe they are right but guess abit nervous about the change. Mrs Lutfur says simply to try on the hojab and walk down the street with her and see difference form what I normally wear.

- - - Updated - - -

I think they are tired of a loud amercian sports girl just coming home at night and flopping down in hockey dress or gym gear hhh but I have been getting better since I been staying here

Ahmed.
08-06-2019, 02:00 PM
Thanks Ahmed - I see exactly where they are coming from and the imam and the fmaily here are right I guess about covering up. I believe they are right but guess abit nervous about the change. Mrs Lutfur says simply to try on the hojab and walk down the street with her and see difference form what I normally wear.

- - - Updated - - -

I think they are tired of a loud amercian sports girl just coming home at night and flopping down in hockey dress or gym gear hhh but I have been getting better since I been staying here
If you're ok with it then that's fine. No harm in trying out a hijab :)

But since you're a placement with that family then IMO they should be more tolerant.

I'm Bangladeshi myself and I could understand how 1st generation Bangladeshis could be dumb enough to be intolerant like this lol.

Kelsey28
08-06-2019, 02:13 PM
you are so totally understabding Ahmed - unlke an american girlfriend i spoke to!! The family here are really very nice and Mr Lutfur says he is ready to embrace me as daughter of the family as he knows my family, team usa and my ex boyfriend would all go crazy. All the women in the fmaily are in hijabs and I do feel odd one out in my gear even though I am not muslim girl yet. Is not putting me off but its just a shift for me - I guess its all about going into hijab for first time given my past so used to being in arch liberal culture hh

we have been through new names and the fmaily name and clothing over several weeks now so I think I am making them impatient with me now and the imam

Ahmed.
08-06-2019, 02:28 PM
you are so totally understabding Ahmed - unlke an american girlfriend i spoke to!! The family here are really very nice and Mr Lutfur says he is ready to embrace me as daughter of the family as he knows my family, team usa and my ex boyfriend would all go crazy. All the women in the fmaily are in hijabs and I do feel odd one out in my gear even though I am not muslim girl yet. Is not putting me off but its just a shift for me - I guess its all about going into hijab for first time given my past so used to being in arch liberal culture hh

we have been through new names and the fmaily name and clothing over several weeks now so I think I am making them impatient with me now and the imam
Sister if you really believe Islam is the Truth from God then you might as well convert quickly then as your host family do have their merits and I suppose you can't get absolute perfection in everything and patience seems to be a bit lacking in them, but I'm sure they'll take good care of you and look after you as their own! :)

I've been on these Islamic boards for years Sister and I've seen how many converts complain of being alone after their conversion and not having the support network to support the hardships they face, but you have been blessed with what other converts crave, a ready made Muslim family for you to fit right into :)

Kelsey28
08-06-2019, 02:38 PM
yes i truly understand this now Ahmed. Its exactly what the Imam says to me that i was chosen to come to this country for a reason with my usa hockey but then i was also chosen to be selected to live with BD family while i was trainng and they began teaching me even from day one when i moved in about Bd culture and islam. I know they disapproved initially of my dress hockey dresses and my clothing going out but they always asked me to question it every time and take a good look in mirror to see if I thought it was right. Just that I had been varsity hockey girl from 16 and very used to wearing the gear without thinking and the gym gear also. The Imam says cover up everything and the fmaily here will support me completely and will assist with life after field hockey which I guess did make me very aggressive hhh

- - - Updated - - -

west coast California life is much different to here but I am adjusting now I guess

Ahmed.
08-06-2019, 02:52 PM
yes i truly understand this now Ahmed. Its exactly what the Imam says to me that i was chosen to come to this country for a reason with my usa hockey but then i was also chosen to be selected to live with BD family while i was trainng and they began teaching me even from day one when i moved in about Bd culture and islam. I know they disapproved initially of my dress hockey dresses and my clothing going out but they always asked me to question it every time and take a good look in mirror to see if I thought it was right. Just that I had been varsity hockey girl from 16 and very used to wearing the gear without thinking and the gym gear also. The Imam says cover up everything and the fmaily here will support me completely and will assist with life after field hockey which I guess did make me very aggressive hhh

- - - Updated - - -

west coast California life is much different to here but I am adjusting now I guess
Yes indeed God knows who's heart is good and who will convert. Take a look at this video of how a nurse converted after seeing a disabled man that was put under her care, pray... God has 'mysterious' ways of showing people the light and he has chosen you :):

https://youtu.be/BHa1ST7-JNU

Islam is the last and final revelation from Allah and it has been sent to all mankind, hence whoever hears of it and thereafter suffers the misfortune of dying as a non-Muslim will be one of those who truly fails in afterlife, so to be a recipient of guidance from God is an immeasurable blessing indeed

Wishing you all the best Sister

Salam

Kelsey28
08-06-2019, 02:57 PM
Thank you Ahmed - the complete understanding from muslim people is awesom and such a contrast with the hostility i have had. Just texted Mrs Lutfur about our conversation and she is so happy for me - convert now with Mr Ahmed she says - soon to be my new aunty!!

Ahmed.
08-06-2019, 03:12 PM
Thank you Ahmed - the complete understanding from muslim people is awesom and such a contrast with the hostility i have had. Just texted Mrs Lutfur about our conversation and she is so happy for me - convert now with Mr Ahmed she says - soon to be my new aunty!!
Lol that's nice of her!

But I'd rather give her and Mr Lutjfur the honour, after all they done all the work to get you to this point so it's just right that they reap the fruit too :)

IT will be best if the Imam conducts the conversion Sister as he would know all the steps to take you through!

Gtg, :peace: :)

eesa the kiwi
08-06-2019, 06:44 PM
Welcome to Islamic board

Have a look at this site www.islamreligion.com they have a bunch of good articles about Islam and a live chat q&a for you to ask questions

*charisma*
08-06-2019, 10:29 PM
Welcome to the forum.

I think you're a bit overwhelmed and nervous because you have family in the US who will probably not support your decisions/conversion. You may also feel like changes are happening quickly. I want you to know that these are completely normal feelings. You should also not feel pressurized to convert or change unless you want to by your own free will. Your host family probably feels obligated to teach you the correct Islam which may make you feel like too much is happening at once, however it is good that they are not sugar coating anything because this is the reality of what is expected of you eventually as a servant of Allah. It is good to start practicing the easy things as soon as you can, but you can also start as you start to understand why they are important and their significance in Islam so that you can actually love and see their benefit instead of feeling like they are a chore or a rule. It's great that you have people who are willing to support and guide you the correct way, but let them know if you don't understand something or need to take things step by step first. Not everything has to happen in one day. If in your heart and mind you truly feel you belong in Islam, then you should convert because your heart already believes in it anyway, you just have to say it out loud. Afterwards, you can implement other things such as wearing hijaab, prayers, fasting, etc.

Kelsey28
08-06-2019, 11:29 PM
wow thank you so much for this charisma - its really uplifting post

Mandy
08-07-2019, 11:21 AM
Welcome to the site dear sister.
It is wonderful that you are starting to see the light and truth of islam. I am also a convert. I started to learn about islam through friends a few years ago. Even thought I liked what I was hearing, it took me a bit under 3 years to finally decide to become muslim. (that was 2 years ago now). It was the best decision I ever made and has brought me much joy. I probably should have done it sooner, but at the time I was scared. But it is also important to feel ready.

Listen to your heart and go at your own pace. You know the truth as Allah is whispering it in your ear. All you have to do is listen.
But do not feel pressured by the family you live with even if they are very nice to you. You can of course try little steps. If you would like to, try wearing hijab just to know what it feels like. But do not force yourself to wear it all the time if you are not comfortable. For now what is important is for you to be true and strong in your desire to become muslim. The rest will come later.

Kelsey28
08-07-2019, 12:33 PM
Thanks - i have grown up in a sports backgrund which is all about intoerance to others and denying Islam all the time. I havebeen so tied up in my sport that i have always lazily accpetd this version but just by chance ending up livig with a muslim family and being immersed in this culture has opened my eyes totally. They have embraced me without criticism for the way i can changing and transforming. The imam said i was ready to convert few weeks ago and not to delay and he will speak with sports authorities abut my decision but I realise I guess that the dress is not sensitive. The family here are totally supportive and help me with new names ready for conversion Khadia tul Kobrha - all the Ks cos I am Kelsey Katherine now hhh. The family say they will support me wit new job once quite usa hockey.

Kelsey28
08-07-2019, 01:22 PM
Thank you Ahmed - they really didnt mind as long as I came back a muslim girl hhhh - you are very understanding

Kelsey28
08-07-2019, 02:09 PM
Attachment 6747

Ahmed.
08-07-2019, 03:17 PM
Thank you Ahmed - they really didnt mind as long as I came back a muslim girl hhhh - you are very understanding
You are welcome sister :)

If there's anything I can do just let me know :)

Mandy
08-08-2019, 11:09 AM
Thanks - i have grown up in a sports backgrund which is all about intoerance to others and denying Islam all the time. I havebeen so tied up in my sport that i have always lazily accpetd this version but just by chance ending up livig with a muslim family and being immersed in this culture has opened my eyes totally. They have embraced me without criticism for the way i can changing and transforming. The imam said i was ready to convert few weeks ago and not to delay and he will speak with sports authorities abut my decision but I realise I guess that the dress is not sensitive. The family here are totally supportive and help me with new names ready for conversion Khadia tul Kobrha - all the Ks cos I am Kelsey Katherine now hhh. The family say they will support me wit new job once quite usa hockey.
The Iman you refer to is correct. The important is for you to accepts Allah word's of wisdom and to convert to save yourself. After all, we never know when the day of judgement may come and what lies in our future, even tomorrow.

Changing the way you dress, your name and the type of activities you do are secondary. Those changes will come in due time when you are ready and want to. But thinking about having to do these changes should not delay your decision to convert.

Ahmed.
08-09-2019, 06:01 PM
Hey Kelsey how's it going sis, everything ok? Did you convert? Hope everything is fine! :)

IslamLife00
08-10-2019, 12:01 PM
InshaAllah you will accept Islam. I am a revert and the only muslim in my family.

Altough I am not blessed with a supportive muslim family, they are not necessarily anti Islam. It has been 4 years and I have no regret whatsoever about being a muslimah.

I am leaving you a few hadiths of the Prophet Muhammad sallallahu alayhi wa salaam

Narrated Abu Huraira: Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) said, "Every child is born with a true faith of Islam (i.e. to worship none but Allah Alone) but his parents convert him to Judaism, Christianity or Magainism.
As an animal delivers a perfect baby animal. Do you find it mutilated?"
Then Abu Huraira recited the holy verses of Qur'an : "The pure Allah's Islamic nature (true faith of Islam) (i.e. worshipping none but Allah) with which He has created human beings.
No change let there be in the religion of Allah (i.e. joining none in worship with Allah). That is the straight religion (Islam) but most of men know, not." (30.30)
(Sahih al Bukhari)

It was narrated that Abu Sa'eed Al-Khudri said: "The Messenger of Allah [SAW] said: 'If a person accepts Islam, such that his Islam is good, Allah will decree reward for every good deed that he did before, and every bad deed that he did before will be erased.
Then after that will come the reckoning; each good deed will be rewarded ten times up to seven hundred times. And each bad deed will be recorded as it is, unless Allah, the Mighty and Sublime, forgives it.'
(Sunan an Nasa'i)

Narrated Talha bin 'Ubaidullah: A man from Najd with unkempt hair came to Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) and we heard his loud voice but could not understand what he was saying, till he came near and then we came to know that he was asking about Islam.
Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) said, "You have to offer prayers perfectly five times in a day and night (24 hours)." The man asked, "Is there any more (praying)?" Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) replied, "No, but if you want to offer the Nawafil prayers (you can)."
Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) further said to him: "You have to observe fasts during the month of Ramadan." The man asked, "Is there any more fasting?" Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) replied, "No, but if you want to observe the Nawafil fasts (you can.)"
Then Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) further said to him, "You have to pay the Zakat (obligatory charity)." The man asked, "Is there any thing other than the Zakat for me to pay?" Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) replied, "No, unless you want to give alms of your own."
And then that man retreated saying, "By Allah! I will neither do less nor more than this." Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) said, "If what he said is true, then he will be successful (i.e. he will be granted Paradise)."
(Sahih al Bukhari)

HijabiHelper
08-11-2019, 10:30 AM
Much love to you :love::happy:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!