/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Do I have the right to feel guitly?

Studentofdeed
08-07-2019, 01:52 PM
When I was ignorant and away from islam. I had so many female friends. Obviously I was not intending zina towards any of them. But I liked them but they were so kind and being friends with guys is not fruitful since guys often insult each other and say that's what friends do. Obviously before I became religious, I still had problems but I was such a happy person and relaxed. I used to smile and joke with everyone. And everyone almost loved me. I miss some of my female friends and I want to reach out to them. I am so lonely and isolated and I cut off all my friends. There was one female friend who was sooo nice to me and we got along perfectly. Almost like she was my best friend. She helped me with all my english essays. I want to reach out and be friends with her again but obviously I'm not going to have haram relationships and touch her. But now I feel guitly for having female friends. Was it really bad that I had female friends? Is it permissible for me to still remain friends and study with her? It was so nice having jokes and talking about school with someone.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Nitro Zeus
08-07-2019, 06:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Studentofdeed
When I was ignorant and away from islam. I had so many female friends. Obviously I was not intending zina towards any of them. But I liked them but they were so kind and being friends with guys is not fruitful since guys often insult each other and say that's what friends do. Obviously before I became religious, I still had problems but I was such a happy person and relaxed. I used to smile and joke with everyone. And everyone almost loved me. I miss some of my female friends and I want to reach out to them. I am so lonely and isolated and I cut off all my friends. There was one female friend who was sooo nice to me and we got along perfectly. Almost like she was my best friend. She helped me with all my english essays. I want to reach out and be friends with her again but obviously I'm not going to have haram relationships and touch her. But now I feel guitly for having female friends. Was it really bad that I had female friends? Is it permissible for me to still remain friends and study with her? It was so nice having jokes and talking about school with someone.
What do you mean "away from Islam"? You have been kafir before and now a Muslim?

Ok, I'll try to answer in the best of my ability based on my knowledge.

I have read before that for you to approach a girl, you have to go to her parents and tell them.

You need someone to be with you, you cannot be alone with your girlfriend because the devil is third person in the middle and might do something very bad to you, like for example he may cause you to kiss each other, he may cause to do haram things that I cannot even tell. So, better need a supervisior such as your father or her father.

I have the best Christian girlfriends, but what I do is that I lower down my gaze and I dont kiss until marriage.

I hope I have given u the right answer

Ahmed.
08-10-2019, 02:44 PM
MaashAllah well done @Nitro Zeus :Emoji43:

Brah, what can I tell ya? The answer to this really should be common sense to all Muslims

There is some feel good factor in sinning such as free mixing with non Mahram or listening to music but sooner or later the curse of Allah will strike so, don't be a dummy, be a smarty! :Emoji51:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.