/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hardship and its consequences

heartbroken2412
08-16-2019, 10:23 AM
Hey guys,

I am a Muslim who is in great hardship and suffering from different things in life and all the time there is this question which wont let me sleep.

Allah knows his servants in particular, right ?!
Allah knows what is benefiting and what is bad for his servant ?!

Lets say: Allah afflicts me with a hardship, but before afflicting me he knows that if he is going to place this particular hardship into my life, I am going to kill my self. Would this be fair and would Allah really do this ? Would Allah allow that one kills his self due to his severe hardship?

Its like one knowing his enemys weak spot and afterwards shooting him into that spot knowing he would die of this, isnt it ?

I want to state that I love Allah so much and hope you guys can prove me wrong in my thoughts, appreciate all answers

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ahmed.
08-16-2019, 05:39 PM
This is a wrong way of thinking as Allah only tests, not 'kill' and the suicider kills himself thereby failing the test

One can apply the same to all occurrences, such as whenever a person sins or self harms, it's always been a test from Allah and the sinner himself fails and is to blame

Where do you stop blaming Allah?, Allah made me born or brought to the West where He knew I'll be influenced by and turn out like a secular kaafir?, Allah knew I'd murder that person yet he willed for me to be brought up in a rough area where I got influenced by criminals? Etc etc

See? There will be no ending to such blame and it's all faulty as blame only lies with sinner

Hardships are brought on by peoples sins, so if a person sins to the extent where such hardship comes that he feels suicidal, that's his fault too.

It's sort of like taking drugs... The more class a drug a person takes, the more he'll be hooked and the more he will suffer withdrawal symptoms when trying to give up; he himself is to blame for this situation so he now either suffers that extra bit and manages to give it up, or he fails and is hooked for life thereby failing the test.

The test on you now is to navigate through your sufferings with repentance and getting back on the right track of Islam, if you succumb to the suffering itself, it will be your fault as you shouldn't have brought that much suffering on yourself with all those sins in first place

I don't mean to scold you or malign you with the 'sinner' label, but had to add those bits for clarification.

Mandy
08-17-2019, 11:23 AM
As Ahmed just said, people and their sins also bring in hardship.
Do not have despair brother. Allah will send you comfort. Maybe not in the way you expect it and maybe not at the moment that you expect it. But if you stay strong in your faith, you will be rewarded.

Ahmed.
08-17-2019, 02:00 PM
Let me see if I can come up with a better answer as yesterday's one was when I was half asleep lol

Kuffar can be considered as Allah's enemy, so we can say outright that Allah did hit the enemy in the weak spot...

And Muslims are either done justice to or shown mercy. Now if we consider the hardships are a form of punishment from God then it's not much different from why the enemy gets hit in the weak spot, however the sinner brings it upon himself.

At this point the person considering suicide can think, 'but I'm obeying Allah much as possible, I do my 5 daily prayers etc etc so why such a harsh punishment for me when other Jon practicing Muslims are enjoying life?

This is what most Muslim suiciders don't understand that we either sin or obey Allah in our thoughts too; our thoughts and feelings have to submit to Allah too and if we are not dealing with matters in the correct way in our mind and it leads us to suicide, then we basically have been punished for being disobedient in our thoughts...

But the important thing to consider is that Allah does not want the Muslim to commit suicide and he was 'hit in the weak spot' just as the drug addict gets hit by having that one too many fix that gets him addicted... The suicider in the same way crossed that line into the extreme with his sinful thoughts so as an expiation he should endure through that extra suffering while navigating back to Allahs Mercy.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
heartbroken2412
08-17-2019, 10:51 PM
Hey dude,

first things first, thx for repeatedly investigating in my matter, at your first reply I got really insecure, i thought „ok this is all due to my sin and allah must hate me now severly“
I know that either we go through some test to get closer to Allah or we are punished for our sins. The thing is, I am addicted to womans more than any other men in this world, I got close to zina many times and I ackknowledged this and asked Allah for his forgivness, there are muslims out there married and have commited zina dosen of times and they didnt loose theyre apprentice like me, I got close to zina or lets say I commited zina and I happen to experience so many losses and trouble, back when I was in my apprentice I was engaged because I always try my best to please Allah, I never commit any sin out of arrogance or pride rather its my lust for example, but just because I fall to my nafs sometimes I get punished in a way I think of setting my life a end ? :( I lost my apprentice I lost the one woman I was engaged to, lost 2 years of my life since I finished scool due to loss of apprentice, about to loose my hair, scalp inflammation. All of this losses one week after having commited zina. Now I really can bear everything without suicide but now I am loosing my hair, this is for me a serious reason to commit suicide I got a head of 59cm, I cant imaging my self bold, I am crying everyday when Allah will finally set an end to my misery :(

Mandy
08-17-2019, 11:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by heartbroken2412
i thought „ok this is all due to my sin and allah must hate me now severly“
First of all brother, Allah will never hate you. Even the worst sinner in the world has a chance to redeem himself if you repent correctly and make things right.

format_quote Originally Posted by heartbroken2412
The thing is, I am addicted to womans more than any other men in this world, I got close to zina many times
Again, I understand you might think you are at a very low point. But take comfort that even if you did come close, you did not commit zina. You are that much better off than those who do. But now you will need to be even better and to stop what you are doing and repent.

Having love for a woman is not in itself a sin. (it depends on what you do with that love) But you need to also show respect toward women and you have to follow the rules that are set forward by Islam. Keep in mind those exists to help protect everyone and to maintain a good life for everyone. You seem like a very intelligent man and you are aware of what you have done wrong in your past. That is the first step in improving yourself. Now that your eyes are open, summon your strength and ask Allah for forgiveness, repent and make you never put yourself in such a situation.

I hope my words help you.

Ahmed.
08-18-2019, 11:07 AM
@heartbroken2412 That's why I said thoughts are sin or submission too so if you think going bald and loosing apprentice is worth suicide over then that is a thought sin that makes you very ungrateful for all the blessings Allah has given you.

Ungratefulness is a great sin and it is associated with disbelief itself. Allah calls the kaafirs 'ingrates' in the Quran which shows that too much ungratefulness can even turn one into desbeliever, so it's a great sin.

Allah is testing you and you should remain patient. The more patient and grateful to Allah you remain, the more Iman you have and visa versa

Ahmed.
08-18-2019, 07:22 PM
Brother, going bald is not the end of the world.

Listen to this story of how a woman only cared for how she looked to Allah and not to people:

(Couldn't find vid but basically it's about a woman who spoiled her wedding makeup by doing wudhu and didn't care that she wouldn't look beautiful to people on her wedding day, she wanted to look beautiful to Allah and she died while in salah.)

So what if you have a skinny head? Allah does not look at body's or figures or who has six pack or not. Allah looks at heart.

And if you're worried about finding a nice wife, I'm sure there are many pious sisters out there who don't care for looks either, and others who like bald headed men :Emoji51:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.