/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Difference between a weak muslim and hypocrite?

Studentofdeed
08-17-2019, 01:09 AM
If someone has very little knowledge of islam and commit sins because he is ignorant, is he a hypocrite or a weak Muslim? If a muslim managed to give up almost all his sins but is genuinely trying to give one last sin, and he feels horrible and repents when he does it, is he hypocrites? Because he is breaking his word to allah over and over again.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Mandy
08-17-2019, 11:18 AM
A hypocrite is someone who knowingly says one thing yet does something else.

The first case is not a hypocrite has in your example that person is just lacking knowledge and does something bad without realizing it. Saying that this person is weak is also not really the right word I would say. Someone who is weak is someone who lacks the will to make changes or falls back in the same pattern over and over. That would probably qualify the second person.

I would probably call the first person simply ignorant.

Studentofdeed
08-17-2019, 01:19 PM
Jazakallah khayran thank you again

Mandy
08-17-2019, 11:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Studentofdeed
Jazakallah khayran thank you again
I'm happy I was able to helped you.
Just to be clear, my answer was not based on any Islamic knowledge. Just my understanding of the English language. The words you have used might have a special Islamic significance that I am unaware of.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.