/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Backpack= Haram

Islami.Mu'mina
08-18-2019, 05:46 PM
Can someone help? I understand that it would be haram for women to use backpacks in school because it tightens around the shoulders and chest and shows shape. I have many books for school so I cannot hold them at all. Messenger bags are good but way too small. I thought about rolling bags but it attracts a lot of attention and it makes noise.
Jazakallahu khair

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ahmed.
08-18-2019, 06:57 PM
As long as you wear loose clothing then backpack should be ok InshAllah. Make a guess for yourself. If you think the tightening that the back pack does Makes that area or you overall, too attractive, then it won't be ok, but if you think it won't make boys stare... then it will be ok

Have you considered a large hand bag?

Islami.Mu'mina
08-18-2019, 08:15 PM
Im going try and find something. I think I could put some kind of wrap over myself after I slip on my backpack. I want to find a really big messenger/side bag

Mandy
08-19-2019, 01:06 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Islami.mu’min
Im going try and find something. I think I could put some kind of wrap over myself after I slip on my backpack. I want to find a really big messenger/side bag
I would say it depends on the type of backpack. Some have straps that also connect both shoulder bands together over the chest. Those probably should be avoided. But other type of backpack are probably alright but it would depend on your own body shape and on how you usually dress when going to school. Only you can judge of that. Or maybe another sister that you trust.

One thing that comes to mind. Take a scarf along and wear it like over your shoulders and just let the 2 ends loose in front (don't tie it around your neck). That should be enough to cover anything that the backpack straps made too revealing.

Also, if you need more specific help on this subject, may I suggest posting in the ladies section (https://www.islamicboard.com/ladies/).

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Abz2000
08-19-2019, 02:45 AM
:salam: careful of the wrap over the bag, it works, but it may also arouse suspicion in fox news type hate-speech consuming individuals (including officials) who hate purity and decency overall.

Mandy
08-19-2019, 10:09 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abz2000
:salam: careful of the wrap over the bag, it works, but it may also arouse suspicion in fox news type hate-speech consuming individuals (including officials) who hate purity and decency overall.
I am not certain I understand what you are warning sister Islami.mu’min about?
And what do you mean abot wrapping over the bag? I was saying to wear a scarf around the neck, not over the whole bag.

Ahmed.
08-19-2019, 11:46 AM
@Abz2000 I think she lives in a Muslim country so she should be safe from suspicion that it's a bomb! :)

Islami.Mu'mina
08-19-2019, 03:47 PM
Lol I actually live in America. I don’t think people will be that suspicious though

nameerat
03-15-2021, 03:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Islami.Mu'mina
Can someone help? I understand that it would be haram for women to use backpacks in school because it tightens around the shoulders and chest and shows shape. I have many books for school so I cannot hold them at all. Messenger bags are good but way too small. I thought about rolling bags but it attracts a lot of attention and it makes noise.
Jazakallahu khair
Soo I found a way that works for me...First you wear your abaya..then your bags and then on top you wear your khimar....in this case your headscarf should be long enough to cover chest and shoulders.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.