/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is it haram to fake ym age online?

SakibC17
08-20-2019, 07:51 PM
I'm 15 years old (about to be 16 in a month) and I want to make money online as I don't have time for an actual job during the school year. The problem is websites always want workers at least 18 years old. Is it haram to fake my age to be able to work online? If I do fake my age will the money earned be halal?
The work I intend to do online is simply transcribing audio, adding captions to videos, taking part in surveys and simple freelance work.
Anyways thank you to anybody who replies.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ahmed.
08-20-2019, 09:07 PM
It will be lying so it will be a sin and money won't be 100 percent halal.

I'll say, don't do it as lying opens up the gates to more lying and lying creates hypocrisy in the heart and in the long term this could effect your Iman drastically

It's better to be poor and have sound iman

SakibC17
08-21-2019, 01:14 AM
Thanks for replying. I'll follow your advice.

Mandy
08-21-2019, 01:40 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by SakibC17
Thanks for replying. I'll follow your advice.
That is probably for the best. Also keep in mind that getting a job with a fake age, might also get you in legal trouble where you live. Probably not for surveys and such. But for a real job like transcribing, it might. So taht would probably be another reason why you might want to stay away from such lies.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
SakibC17
08-21-2019, 01:46 AM
I completely forgot about the possibility of landing into legal trouble, so thanks for reminding of that.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.