/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I think this may be waswas

i need help
08-26-2019, 06:19 PM
I’m a 14 year old who has been suffering from bad waswas now things have got a lot worse on my other post a response was that I needed to be Muslim by choice and that I’m a Muslim from birth so I needed to expand my knowledge I took this out of context and thought that I was a non believer and that Due to this I was doomed then after I started getting thoughts that I don’t believe in Islam anymore i was annoyed and I started to hit myself and then I carried on pondering on these thoughts and I was getting thoughts that I didn’t believe in Allāh and how do I know I believe or not I was getting annoyed I carry on getting these thoughts that I don’t believe in allah and that I am doomed and I think I have committed shirk unless it’s shaytaan which has made me think I don’t believe however I would this be classed as still believing if I read my Namaz and I watch Islam videos to try and strengthen my Imam like my previous posts reply was to do please help I don’t want to be a non Muslim but these thoughts make me think that I don’t believe in allah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Caplets
09-02-2019, 12:45 AM
Svbb

Caplets
09-02-2019, 01:33 AM
السلام عليكم

"...the basic principle is that a person is not held accountable for his thoughts until he speaks about them or acts upon them. Abu Hurayrah may Allaah be pleased with him narrated that the Prophet sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam ( may Allaah exalt his mention ) said: "Allah has forgiven my nation for that which they think about unless they speak about it or act upon it.” [Al-Bukhaari and Muslim]

Thirdly, if a person has any thoughts of Kufr (disbelief), then he should repel them; in which case, it will not harm him. Repelling them is a proof of (true) faith.

Abu Hurayrah may Allaah be pleased with him narrated, "Some Companions of the Prophet sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam ( may Allaah exalt his mention ) came to him and asked: ‘We think to ourselves about things which one of us considers too grave and serious to talk about.’ The Prophet sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam ( may Allaah exalt his mention ) said, ‘Do you really feel this way?’ They replied, ‘Yes.’ The Prophet sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam ( may Allaah exalt his mention ) then said, ‘That is a clear (sign of) faith.'" [Muslim]

Fourthly, if this evil thought settles in a person’s mind (become firm) and his heart becomes content with it (and likes it), then this may drive him out of the fold of Islam. Allah Says (what means): {Whoever disbelieves in Allah after his belief... except for one who is forced [to renounce his religion] while his heart is secure in faith. But those who [willingly] open their breasts to disbelief, upon them is wrath from Allah, and for them is a great punishment.} [Quran 16:106 ]

Ibn Hajar may Allaah have mercy upon him said in Fath al-Baari: "Al-Nawawi said: 'The verse is evidence that the correct opinion is that one is held accountable for the deeds of the heart if they are settled (in the heart). As regards the saying of the Prophet sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam ( may Allaah exalt his mention ): 'Allah has forgiven my nation for that which they think about unless they speak about it or act upon it.'; then this refers to when they are not settled in the heart.'" [End of quote] ..."

https://www.islamweb.net/en/fatwa/38...d-in-the-heart

Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah (may Allah have mercy on him) said:

Waswas is something that happens to everyone who turns to Allah in dhikr (remembrance) etc; it will inevitably happen to him. So he should be steadfast and remain patient, and persist in his dhikr and prayer, and not give up, for by persisting in it he will foil the plot of the Shaytan and ever feeble indeed is the plot of Shaytan (4:76).

Every time a person wants to turn to Allah with his heart, whispers of other matters come to him. The Shaytan is like a bandit; every time a person wants to travel towards Allah, he wants to intercept him. Hence it was said to one of the salaf (pious predecessors): The Jews and the Christians say, we don’t experience waswas. He said: They are right! What would the Shaytan do with a ruined house?

Majmoo’ al-Fatawa, 22/608 .

*Apologies for the first post.

السلام عليكم

MazharShafiq
09-02-2019, 02:59 PM
Ignore his whispers or youll have ocd.
Allah wants you to not care about these things and carry on your ibadaha and duties.
i had that too and we should regret time wasted listening to shaytan.
do a thing everytime a tought comes you say astaghfirullah al hadim alledi la ilaha illa huwal hayyul qayyum wa atubu haleih.
he will hate it and stop giving whispers

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.