/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Reward for reading Quran

Sunni ayotollah
08-27-2019, 12:55 AM
There is one reward for listening to every letter of the Quran. So does this also count with English or only Arabic, basically should I listen to Quran in both Arabic and English , or just English as it would be much quicker and I don’t know Arabic. Because if the reward is for Arabic only I would do the first.

Thanks for reading.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
MazharShafiq
08-27-2019, 04:04 PM
It is Mustahab to read the Qur'an in Arabic because it is the language which it was sent down. When it is in other languages sometimes the full meaning is lost, and is not the Quran anymore, rather a Tafseer and the words of men, so it is good to read in Arabic it's language. if you can't than try to learn Arabic. but it is not haraam to read it in other languages, you are not kept from that.

(Mustahab) means it is loved or liked, example if you have a choice of reading the Qur'an in Arabic or English than it is more liked to read it in Arabic. Better definition:

Sunni ayotollah
08-27-2019, 07:23 PM
I am not talking about reading, I’m talking about listening to recitation in Arabic and English or just English because I don’t know Arabic, but does listening to it in Arabic yield higher rewards than listening in English.

Mandy
08-27-2019, 10:02 PM
One does not prevent the other.
I would suggest you first listen to it in english to understand the meaning. Then, you can listen to it in arabic to help you learn Arabic.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.