/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Overstepping the mark in making du’aa’?

Caplets
08-27-2019, 12:19 PM
السلام عليكم

"...Thirdly: With regard to overstepping the mark in making du’aa’, this involves a number of things:

1-Being too detailed in one's du’aa’, as described in the question (“O Allaah, give me a furnished apartment and a colour TV etc”). Rather what is prescribed is to make du’aa’ in concise words as the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to do. He used to ask Allaah for the best in this world and in the Hereafter. It was narrated from ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Mughaffal that he heard his son say: “O Allaah, I ask You for the white palace on the right side of Paradise if I enter it.” He said: “O my son, ask Allaah for Paradise and seek refuge with Allaah from the Fire, for I heard the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say: ‘Among this ummah will be people who overstep the mark in purifying themselves and in making du’aa’.” Narrated by Abu Dawood, 690; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh Abi Dawood...."

https://islamqa.info/en/answers/4101...in-making-duaa

و عليكم السلام

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
MazharShafiq
08-27-2019, 04:06 PM
Al-Albaani said (it is) saheeh. See Saheeh Sunan al-Tirmidhi, no. 2685.

And it was narrated that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “There is nothing dearer to Allaah than du’aa’.” Classed as hasan by al-Albaani in Saheeh Sunan al-Tirmidhi, no. 2684.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.