/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Zam zam water survival

Thurayyaa
08-28-2019, 12:26 AM
Salamu alaikum. I am a sister who plans to move to Saudi Arabia and live there permanently inshaAllah as they now issue permanent resident visa to foreigners if they pay a lot of money. My questions is for those who know Madinatul Munawwarah as I have never been there. Is it possible for me to get at least 10 liters of zam zam water daily from Masjidun Nabawiyy if I live in Madinah? Will I be able to get the zam zam water if I go to the mosque by car? What about during seasons of Hajj and umrah? Will I be able to get it despite the crowds of people that will be there? What about if I were to live in Makkah not Madinah? Will I be able to get the zam zam daily even during crowds seasons of hajj and umrah? Another question I have is regarding the hadith that says zam zam water can substitute food and about the historical story which says that the people of Makkah regard zam zam water as shabba'ah and that they used to give it as food to their children and also stories of men who have survived solely on zam zam water for forty days or more without any problem. I am a sister who doesn't really like to breastfeed her newborn children if I happen to give birth to any. Can I use zam zam water with additives like honey and other natural sweeteners as a sole source of nourishment for my newborn babies? Will zam zam water satisfy them and make them grow and be healthy?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ümit
08-28-2019, 06:04 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Thurayyaa
Salamu alaikum. I am a sister who plans to move to Saudi Arabia and live there permanently inshaAllah as they now issue permanent resident visa to foreigners if they pay a lot of money.
Aleykum selam sister. you have a lot of questions. I will try to answer as much as possible.
My questions is for those who know Madinatul Munawwarah as I have never been there. Is it possible for me to get at least 10 liters of zam zam water daily from Masjidun Nabawiyy if I live in Madinah?
yes. Zamzam water both in Mecca and Medinah in the area of pilgrimmage are free available throughout the year. there are multiple faucets over there with zamzam water.
Will I be able to get the zam zam water if I go to the mosque by car?
I do not know if the mosque is reachable by car. I only been there once during hadj and it was so crowded that I would not recommend to use a car...and where would you park?
What about during seasons of Hajj and umrah? Will I be able to get it despite the crowds of people that will be there?
There is plenty of zamzam water over there. even during hadj. umrah does not have a season and can be made thoughout the year. the only thing is that it is very crowded.
and for what I know, the residents are not allowed to do hadj every year. so I do not know whether they are even allowed to stay there without any permission.
What about if I were to live in Makkah not Madinah? Will I be able to get the zam zam daily even during crowds seasons of hajj and umrah?
The zamzam well is in Makkah, not Madinah. Zamzam is being transported to Madinah. But both cities are no problem. But again during Hadj and Ramadan, I cannot guarantee.
Another question I have is regarding the hadith that says zam zam water can substitute food and about the historical story which says that the people of Makkah regard zam zam water as shabba'ah and that they used to give it as food to their children and also stories of men who have survived solely on zam zam water for forty days or more without any problem.
there are people living on beer only here in europe. They do not need to eat anything else to survive. just beer throughout the day is enough for them...So Zamzam water alone as substitute for food is not strange.
however, for what I know, the zamzam water that comes out of the tap in Makkah and Madinah is not the same zamzam water as during Hz Ibrahim as time.
It is now mixed with normal water to meet the huge demand for zamzam water nowadays. So it does not contain that much nutricions as it is diluted.

I am a sister who doesn't really like to breastfeed her newborn children if I happen to give birth to any. Can I use zam zam water with additives like honey and other natural sweeteners as a sole source of nourishment for my newborn babies? Will zam zam water satisfy them and make them grow and be healthy?
NO!
Nothing is a good substitute for breastmilk. that is a very very stupid idea. newborns need breastmilk, you cannot deny that from them. even if they can survive on other baby nutricion like artificial mothermilk, their development will be not as good as the real stuff. children who have had breastmilk for a while get less sick and develop less allergies on average and stuff.

So in my opinion, you are not a good mother if you are perfectly capable of giving breastmilk, but you deny that to your children. and the reason for denying, that "you do not like that" makes it only worse. That is very very sellfish of you!!

in short, never give zamzam water to your newborn as just nutricion. just give breastmilk as much as possible. especially in the first few weeks. If it is a huge problem than switch over to baby nutricion.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.