/* */

PDA

View Full Version : When your mood affects your behaviour

ameerkam
09-01-2019, 09:32 AM
I heard from Nouman Ali Khan that not letting your mood affect the way you treat others is a forgotten sunnah. Is this compulsory? Are you always meant to be extremely pleasant even when you are depressed or something?

Jazzakallahu Khair

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Islami.Mu'mina
09-15-2019, 06:29 PM
Assalamu alaykum warahmitallahi wa baraktu. Indeed Nouman is a great scholar. You shouldn't think about whether this is compulsory or not. I will explain why.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry I never finished the post

- - - Updated - - -

Assalamu alaykum warahmitallahi wa baraktu. Indeed Nouman is a great scholar. You shouldn't think about whether this is compulsory or not. I will explain why.
Your goal of this dunya is to become the best Muslim you can be and please Allah. You have to challenge yourself and enjoy it in the process. Our behavior is a crucial part of Islam. When you are depressed, don't become happy to the point where you forget about the problem, become positive and realize Allah is testing you when you are depressed. So try to pass the trials He gives you so you can please Him and this will DRASTICALLY improve your character and get you to Jannah InshAllah.

Strive to be the best you can be.
I pray the best for you

keiv
09-15-2019, 09:01 PM
Depression can be a very dangerous thing for a person to go through and sometimes trying to put on a good face feels impossible. You should always try to avoid having a negative attitude towards others, especially if they never deserved it. Don't take out your depression on other people. I wouldn't go as far as to say you have to be extremely pleasant to others but, at the very least, keep to yourself for the time you're feeling down and if you have to interact with anyone, keep it short and keep it positive.

Talking to people who are close to you can help if they're open to listening. Going online to share your feelings or issues can help too if the former isn't possible.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.