/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Questions about dua

Nitro Zeus
09-02-2019, 02:38 PM
Assalamu alaikum,

Today when I was at school, I found terrible news about making dua, and the news is that we have to make each dua in Arabic for it to be accepted according to what Islamqa.info says, and when I found out, I got upset and i gave up on making dua because I realised it is a waste of time because I dont know Arabic and before I used to make dua in Romanian and not in Arabic. Because, I forgot how to speak, read and write in Arabic. The only completely, the only thing that I know is Romanian and English.

Could someone please tell me what is the consequences and punishment for no longer making dua?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
MazharShafiq
09-02-2019, 02:53 PM
Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah said:

It is permissible to make du’aa’ in Arabic and in languages other than Arabic. Allaah knows the intention of the supplicant and what he wants, no matter what language he speaks, because He hears all the voices in all different languages, asking for all kinds of needs.

Majmoo’ al-Fataawa, 22/488-489.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.