/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Minor Shirk?

ameerkam
09-03-2019, 11:53 PM
I have had struggles with alcoholism/drug addiction and for the time being I am sober. I had told my dad that it has been difficult so he could understand my struggles. Does this fall under minor shirk? Because I wanted him to be happy with me.

Jazzakallahu Khair

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ümit
09-04-2019, 10:35 AM
No.
Asking help to each other or sharing your troubles is only human. We are not alone on this planet and we are allowed to help each other nothing wrong with that.
On the contrary, it only makes relationships stronger.

Besides, your father knows you better than other people. He might give you some piece of advise that may help you.

However, don't forget to pray Allah to give you the strength to quit.

Mandy
09-04-2019, 12:38 PM
You are aware that your actions are bad and should be changed. You obviously are trying and from what you said, you are successful.
Continue to get help and support from those around you and continue to pray Allah. You will be helped even if the road is long and hard. Most important of all, make sure you never place yourself in a position where you are tempted to give to temptation.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.