/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Questions about Salah and Dhikr

Nitro Zeus
09-07-2019, 07:01 PM
Assalamu alaikum,

I heard from a video that if I dont perform dhikr in salah, then I am hypocrit. I want to know, when to perform dhikr during salah?

I can perform dhikr after I finish prayer or in prostration?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Caplets
09-09-2019, 03:35 PM
السلام عليكم

I want to know, when to perform dhikr during salah?

(1) Its meaning is not limited to what is said e.g. during Sujood (prostration), Rukoo' (bowing) and so on. For example , the Qur'aan is also Dhikr.

"...Remembering Allaah (dhikr) is one of the noblest deeds that a Muslim can do. Dhikr is not only verbal; rather we may remember Allaah in our hearts, on our lips and in our physical actions.

Shaykh ‘Abd al-Rahmaan ibn Sa’di (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

The phrase dhikr Allaah (remembrance of Allaah) includes everything by means of which a person may draw close to Allaah, such as belief (‘aqeedah), thoughts, actions of the heart, physical actions, praising Allaah, learning and teaching beneficial knowledge, and so on. All of that is remembrance of Allaah. ..."

[...]

"...Remembering Allaah with one's physical actions means every deed which brings one closer to Allaah, such as standing, bowing and prostrating in prayer, engaging in jihad, paying zakaah...."

https://islamqa.info/en/answers/7057...raan-and-dhikr

(2) Dhikr in various parts of the Salaah , such as standing, bowing, sitting positions - you may refer to an adhkaar book (widely available) called 'Hisnul Muslim' (Fortress of the Muslim). There is also an app similar to the book - available at https://goo.gl/UjRmxy . Books on Salaah include 'The Prophet's Prayer Described' by Shaykh Al-albani.

I heard from a video that if I dont perform dhikr in salah, then I am hypocrit.
Allah, may He be exalted, says (interpretation of the meaning):

Verily, the hypocrites seek to deceive Allah, but it is He Who deceives them. And when they stand up for As-Salat (the prayer), they stand with laziness and to be seen of men, and they do not remember Allah but littlean-Nisaa’ 4:142

Ibn Katheer (may Allah have mercy on him) said: With regard to the words “And when they stand up for As-Salat (the prayer), they stand with laziness and to be seen of men, and they do not remember Allah but little”: This is how the hypocrites are in the noblest and best of deeds, namely the prayer. When they stand up to pray, they stand with laziness, because they have no sincere intention concerning it; they do not believe in it, they do not fear Allah, and they do not understand its meaning. ..." [..]

"...from Ibn ‘Abbaas who said: It is makrooh for a man to stand up to pray with laziness; rather he should stand up to pray cheerfully, with eagerness and joy, for he is conversing with Allah, may He be exalted, and Allah is before him, forgiving him, answering him when he calls upon Him. Then Ibn ‘Abbaas recited this verse: “And when they stand up for As-Salat (the prayer), they stand with laziness.”..."
[...]

"...This is the situation of the hypocrite. As for the believer who loves Allah and His Messenger, and is certain of the truth of His religion, he inevitably remembers Allah all the time. Even if he only recites a little dhikr, he cannot be a hypocrite in the sense mentioned above, but he is missing out on a great deal of reward and goodness by only remembering Allah a little...."

السلام عليكم

'Abdullah
09-09-2019, 06:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nitro Zeus
Assalamu alaikum,

I heard from a video that if I dont perform dhikr in salah, then I am hypocrit. I want to know, when to perform dhikr during salah?

I can perform dhikr after I finish prayer or in prostration?
Allah Hu Akbar is ziker, Subhana rabbi al azeem is ziker, Subhana rabbi Al aala is ziker, reading/listening Quran is ziker, sending darood on Prophet Muhammad PBUH is Ziker, making Dua is Ziker etc....
Ziker literally means remembrance of Allah and it has several forms. Salat itself is remembrance of Allah and is practical form of Ziker. However when we mention ziker most people understand it as Ziker e Qalbi which is to keep on reciting certain phrases repeatedly silently in your mind or out loud such as subhan allah, alhamdulillah, allah hu akbar, astaghfirullah etc....

Hope that makes sense.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.