/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is there any condition in which praying for death to come is halal?

Nitro Zeus
09-10-2019, 06:29 PM
Assalamu alaikum,

I am really worried now because I don't know who will be with me at my time of death, and I don't know if I will die alone or not.

"Ya Allah! Please Decree To Make me die while my parents are still in power because I want to have someone beside me at the time I will die, I want to have someone encouraging me to say the kalimah and I wish to not feel alone when I die, I wish to see my parents when I am on my death bed. And I don't want to live much longer than my parents because that would mean I will no longer see their faces ever again. So, will You please Make me die during the life time of my parents while they are strong?"

Is this kind of a dua acceptable or not acceptable in Islam?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
The Prince
09-10-2019, 08:36 PM
Im pretty sure this is allowed.

Asking for death is prohibited.

'Abdullah
09-10-2019, 09:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nitro Zeus
Assalamu alaikum,

I am really worried now because I don't know who will be with me at my time of death, and I don't know if I will die alone or not.

"Ya Allah! Please Decree To Make me die while my parents are still in power because I want to have someone beside me at the time I will die, I want to have someone encouraging me to say the kalimah and I wish to not feel alone when I die, I wish to see my parents when I am on my death bed. And I don't want to live much longer than my parents because that would mean I will no longer see their faces ever again. So, will You please Make me die during the life time of my parents while they are strong?"

In other words you are asking to die at a very young age, while your parents are still alive and powerful. Think about following:

1. Why you want to die at a young age? If you have longer age, you have potential to do more good deeds and earn a higher rank in paradise. think about witnessing more months of Ramadan, possibly doing more than one hajj and Umra, doing more charity, investing more in sadqa jarya, serving your parents in old age, raising pious children, learning and teaching Quran etc. You can die at an older age and still be surrounded by your family members (possibly pious sons and daughters and lot of grand kids).

2. Why you want your parents to go through the pain of burying their young child?

Duas in Quran are the best and very comprehensive. For example, ponder upon the following dua:

"Rabbana Aatina Fid Dunya Hasanah Wa Fil Aakhirati Hasanah Wa Qina Azaaban Naar." It is so comprehensive in its meaning and at the same time leaving it up to Allah to choose what's best for you in this world so that by doing that you can get the best in life hereafter.

This is just one example. You can learn duas in Quran and make them part of your salah when you make sajood.

Ümit
09-11-2019, 06:09 AM
Assalamu alaikum,

Dear Nitro,

I absolutely agree with HabibUrrehman.

That is very very selfish dua you wish for. To bury your parents is one thing. But do you know how painfull it is to bury your own child?
You are not a parent yet, so probably you would not understand. but as soon as you become one, you will realize what kind of horrible dua this dua was.

a better dua would be something like Allah, please give us deaths in the right sequence...or something like that.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Nitro Zeus
09-11-2019, 09:08 AM
Yes, but I just dont want to feel alone at my time of death, I just wish to have someone with me, like this I would feel sad if I were for example to say kalimah by muyself at my time of death and I would be sad because I would no longer have my parents with me. I have seen on Youtube a boy was about to die and with him were his parents and his mom requested him to say la ilaha ilallah. And I felt frustrated because this will not happen to me but I say myself the kalimah. Also, I would be sad to no longer see the faces of my own parents, it makes feel unconfortable to see that. My intention is really not be selfish but to have someone known to me beside me at that time like my biological family. If I were them, I would first see if my child has recited kalimah or not, if he has recited kalimah then I would no reason be upset because I know I will definitely meet him in Paradise. But besides, my dad is a muslim, so he should explain everything to my mom so that she can calm down if I have said the kalimah, a Muslim shouldn't be worried about his dead brother(Muslim).

Ümit
09-11-2019, 11:48 AM
Yes, but I just dont want to feel alone at my time of death, I just wish to have someone with me, like this I would feel sad if I were for example to say kalimah by muyself at my time of death and I would be sad because I would no longer have my parents with me. I have seen on Youtube a boy was about to die and with him were his parents and his mom requested him to say la ilaha ilallah. And I felt frustrated because this will not happen to me but I say myself the kalimah. Also, I would be sad to no longer see the faces of my own parents, it makes feel unconfortable to see that. My intention is really not be selfish but to have someone known to me beside me at that time like my biological family. If I were them, I would first see if my child has recited kalimah or not, if he has recited kalimah then I would no reason be upset because I know I will definitely meet him in Paradise. But besides, my dad is a muslim, so he should explain everything to my mom so that she can calm down if I have said the kalimah, a Muslim shouldn't be worried about his dead brother(Muslim).
I do understand you my dear brother. you shouldn't interpret my post as an accusation or whatsoever...but in my honest opinion, seeing my child die would be a far greater hell for me than seeing my parents die...and I also love my parents very much.

But at least with my parents I would have the consolation that they have lived respectfull lives, they got old and sick.
My child however has seen nothing of the world yet. She is the joy of the house. She is our happiness.

And I think a lot of people agree with me on that.

But you should not worry. Be patient, find a nice loving wife, make kids and you will no longer be alone on this world. Your wife and especially your child will love you unconditionally.

But again...strictly to answer your question whether this kind of dua is acceptable or not:

Yes, it is acceptable.

'Abdullah
09-11-2019, 02:49 PM
Dont worry about things you have no control over. Your time and place of death is already written and it is not going to change. Just pray that you die in peace, as a Muslim and while reciting Kalama inshallah. Scholars recommend to make Ziker of "la illallah illallah" so often that its becomes your secondary habit. That is you say Kalimah even when you are working sub-consciously. This will inshallah help to read Kalamah at the time of death.

I also previously mentioned that long age is a blessing for a Muslim. This reminds me of a hadith.

Two companions of Prophet Muhammad PBUH accepted Islam at the same time. Both were brothers and one of them was very pious and was killed while fighting in the path of Allah (SWT), that is he was martyred. His brother died exactly one year after him and died of natural cause. A companion saw them in the dream and he saw that the brother who died one year after entered into Jannah before his brother who was martyred. The companion shared his dream with Prophet Muhammad PBUH and told him that he is puzzled why the brother who died one year after a martyr entered Jannah before the martyr. Prophet Muhammad PBUH told him why are you surprised? Don't you see that this man lived an extra year and observed extra month of Ramadan?

The point being, in one year he offered more prayers and fasted in the month of Ramadan and that took this companion in Jannah before his brother who was martyred. So long life is a blessing for a Muslim if it is spent in worshipping Allah.

As I said above, don't worry about things which are not in your control. Worry about things which you do have control over and make sure spend most of your time in learning about Islam. Learn Quran and teach it to others. It is a great source of sadqa jariya and will enlight our graves inshallah. Prophet Muhammad PBUH said that best of you are those who learn Quran and teach it to others. It is very easy thing to do and has such a big reward, Alhamdulillah.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.