/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What can one do if one can not volunteer fast?

Studentofdeed
09-11-2019, 03:53 AM
I usually do volunteer fasting like mon, thrus, or 13,14,15. However I have health condition and been getting weak. When I'm not fasting I'm able to function normally but when I fast I get weak. I want to keep fasting for volunteering so I lose sins and rise higher in rank and hope to get to highest rank inshallah but now I fear I may have to stop volunteering fasting as I'm not healthy and because of that I wont be able to focus in university other than sleeping all day and fatigued already from preexisting health issues. What should I do because if I stop I will lose all the rewards...i may fast when days are really short in winter where fast opens like 5 or late 4ish.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'Abdullah
09-11-2019, 04:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Studentofdeed
I usually do volunteer fasting like mon, thrus, or 13,14,15. However I have health condition and been getting weak. When I'm not fasting I'm able to function normally but when I fast I get weak. I want to keep fasting for volunteering so I lose sins and rise higher in rank and hope to get to highest rank inshallah but now I fear I may have to stop volunteering fasting as I'm not healthy and because of that I wont be able to focus in university other than sleeping all day and fatigued already from preexisting health issues. What should I do because if I stop I will lose all the rewards...i may fast when days are really short in winter where fast opens like 5 or late 4ish.
Assalam O Alaikum brother,

Focus on what is obligatory. If volunteer fasting is making you weak and you can't do your daily things then just do volunteer fasts when days are really short (winter as you said). Other than that you can try to fast 6 days of shawal,
10th of Muharram (Day of Ashura) and 9th of Zulhijja.

Abu Ayub reported that the Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said: “Whoever fasts Ramadan and follows it with six days of Shawal, it will be as if he fasted for a lifetime” [Muslim].
Ibn Abbas was asked about observing of fast on the day of Ashura, whereupon he said: “I do not know Allah's Messenger, peace be upon him, singling out any day's fast and considering it more excellent than another, except this day (the day of Ashura) and this month, meaning the month of Ramadan” [Muslim].
Abu Qatadah reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, was asked about the observance of fasting on the day of Arafah. He said, "It is an expiation for the sins of the preceding year and the current year" [Muslim].
May Allah give you health and strength to keep more volunteer fasts! Ameen!

W/Salam

Studentofdeed
09-11-2019, 06:04 PM
Inshallah I will. Jazakallah khayran

- - - Updated - - -

May allah bless you with the best in both worlds

'Abdullah
09-11-2019, 06:09 PM
Ameen! I make same dua for you my brother and love you purely for the sake of Allah.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.