/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Please I need urgent help

i need help
09-11-2019, 07:52 PM
Please help I’m a 14 year old and I think that I may have waswas but I’m not sure on my other posts someone said that I have waswas and I need to make sure that I’m a Muslim by choice I took this out of context and this caused me to now get constant thoughts that I don’t believe in Islam. Please help me I keep getting these thoughts that I don’t believe but how do I know I believe when I get these thoughts I have a feeling that I don’t believe and I don’t want to become a non Muslim but when I get these shirk thoughts I feel as if I’m a non Muslim and I don’t believe please help me I read my namaz and say the shahada but I keep getting these thought that I don’t believe I try to ignore but I can’t and when I try to cry in my namaz or when these thoughts happen I can’t I need help and if it is waswas please can you tell me how to handle and please answer this question am I believer of god if I read my namaz and say the shahadah but get these thoughts

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'Abdullah
09-11-2019, 09:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by i need help
Please help I’m a 14 year old and I think that I may have waswas but I’m not sure on my other posts someone said that I have waswas and I need to make sure that I’m a Muslim by choice I took this out of context and this caused me to now get constant thoughts that I don’t believe in Islam. Please help me I keep getting these thoughts that I don’t believe but how do I know I believe when I get these thoughts I have a feeling that I don’t believe and I don’t want to become a non Muslim but when I get these shirk thoughts I feel as if I’m a non Muslim and I don’t believe please help me I read my namaz and say the shahada but I keep getting these thought that I don’t believe I try to ignore but I can’t and when I try to cry in my namaz or when these thoughts happen I can’t I need help and if it is waswas please can you tell me how to handle and please answer this question am I believer of god if I read my namaz and say the shahadah but get these thoughts
There are several approaches we can take to address waswasas. But looking at your age, I will not discuss all these approaches. Try to do the followings:

1. To fight Shaytans whispers, Allah (SWT) gave us a strong system of defense and the best of it is our faith. Try to increase your faith by increasing your knowledge about Islam. Read biographies of Prophet Muhammad PBUH and companions.
2. Recite Quran as much as you can and start learning Arabic to understand the meaning of what you recite. Start with Juzz 30 since this is recited by Imam mostly in prayers. It will help you to concentrate in your daily prayers.
3. If you don't have enough time to read Quran, listen to Quran on mp3.
4. Start learning names of Allah. Focus on one name every day.
5. Increase Ziker such as saying subhanallah, alhamdulillah, Allah hu akbar, Astaghfir ullah, hasbi allah etc. Make sure you reflect on what these mean while doing ziker.
6. Concentrate in your prayers. Make sure you know what you are reciting in your prayers.
7. Try to pray in the mosque if possible.
8. Try to keep wadu all the time if possible.
9. Recite Surah Ikhlas, Surah nas and surah falq. Blow on your hand and rub it on your entire body.
10. Read Ayat Al Kursi after every prayer and before going to bed.
11. Make lot of Duas seeking Allah's help and protection to fight against these waswasas.
12. Equally important is that you keep good company of friends, preferably all practicing Muslims if possible.

To answer if you are a believer or not, you are definitely a believer as you do testify oneness of Allah and testify that Muhammad PBUH is Allah's last prophet. Ignore the whispers of Shaytan, Shaytan is our enemy and let us wage a war against him and our nafs by devoting ourselves to increasing our eman and serving Allah SWT. At the end of the day, Shaytan does not make us do something, he can only whisper.

Indeed, there is for him no authority over those who have believed and rely upon their Lord. [16:99]
Hope this helps. Stay blessed my little brother.

Caplets
09-11-2019, 09:55 PM
السلام عليكم

Young man, no need to panic. These type of thoughts come to many people.

Abu Hurayrah may Allaah be pleased with him narrated, "Some Companions of the Prophet sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam ( may Allaah exalt his mention ) came to him and asked: ‘We think to ourselves about things which one of us considers too grave and serious to talk about.’ The Prophet sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam ( may Allaah exalt his mention ) said, ‘Do you really feel this way?’ They replied, ‘Yes.’ The Prophet sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam ( may Allaah exalt his mention ) then said, ‘That is a clear (sign of) faith.'" [Muslim]

"...Every time a person wants to turn to Allah with his heart, whispers of other matters come to him. The Shaytan is like a bandit; every time a person wants to travel towards Allah, he wants to intercept him. Hence it was said to one of the salaf (pious predecessors): The Jews and the Christians say, we don’t experience waswas. He said: They are right! What would the Shaytan do with a ruined house?..." (Imaam Ibn Taymiyyah, Majmoo’ al-Fatawa, 22/608)

You might feel like you have a large rock floating over your head - about to fall anytime. That your constantly fighting odd thoughts. Try think of it from this angle - Why would these thoughts come to someone who is not Muslim? Or does not believe? Rationally, these thoughts would come to somebody who does believe and is trying hard to get close to Allaah, the Exalted. You may also consider that when a bank robber decides on robbing a bank - he aims to rob a bank with valuables - not an empty one!

Education is important in order to combat the waswas. Knowledge of Allaah , the Exalted, His Lofty Names & Attributes. You may like books on Tawheed such as 'The Islamic Creed Series' by 'Umar al-Ashqar (Published by IIPH, https://iiph.com/catalogsearch/resul...c+creed+series ).

You may also benefit from reciting the adhkaar from the Hisnul Muslim book. This includes adhkaar before sleeping, in the morning and evening . An app' with similar adhkaar can be downloaded at https://goo.gl/UjRmxy .

The waswas may not go away overnight, you have to increase your knowledge and act upon knowledge. You have to fight shaytaan - he don't like you and he's going to try to lead you astray - he and his plots are nothing against those who obey Allaah.

May Allah grant you and all the Muslims protection & relief relief from such shaytaanee plots.

السلام عليكم

Ahmed.
09-13-2019, 12:23 PM
The only way to help yourself is by constant zikr so you block out the wawas. Waswas could initially get through with the zikr but as long as the wawas is inadvertent, it won't be a sin and will do you no harm. Eventually Waswas will go away (and normalise up) and just the zikr will remain

Carry on your life as usual while engaged in zikr. What you need to do or say will just come automatically so don't worry about that

May Allah help you out amen

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.