/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is it true that Tahajjud starts one hour before Fajr?

Nitro Zeus
09-16-2019, 08:24 PM
Assalamu alaikum,

I want to pray Tahajjud, but I wish to know, is it true that Tahajjud starts one hour before Fajr?
lat has all his sins forgiven and if he dies the same day, he will be directly admitted to Jannat.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'Abdullah
09-16-2019, 09:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nitro Zeus
Assalamu alaikum,

I want to pray Tahajjud, but I wish to know, is it true that Tahajjud starts one hour before Fajr?
lat has all his sins forgiven and if he dies the same day, he will be directly admitted to Jannat.
Actually, the time to perform Tahajjud prayer is since the specified Isha until dawn (all night) after getting up from sleep.
Tahajjud prayer may be performed in the early part of the night, the middle part of the night, or the later part of the night, but after the obligatory Isha prayer and after having some sleep. But the best time to perform is 1/3 of the night after waking up from sleep. Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) has told his followers:

Abu Muslim asked Abu Zhar: “Which late-night prayer is the best?” He said: “I asked the Messenger of Allah the same that you asked me and he said, ‘The (one done during) middle of the latter half of the night, and very few do it.’” (Ahmad)

Nitro Zeus
09-17-2019, 07:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by HabibUrrehman
Actually, the time to perform Tahajjud prayer is since the specified Isha until dawn (all night) after getting up from sleep.
Tahajjud prayer may be performed in the early part of the night, the middle part of the night, or the later part of the night, but after the obligatory Isha prayer and after having some sleep. But the best time to perform is 1/3 of the night after waking up from sleep. Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) has told his followers:
I understand, but I meant, I want to pray Tahajjud on last third of night, so when does last third of night? I found on internet that it occurs one hour before Fajr, now I don't know how true it is.

'Abdullah
09-17-2019, 02:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nitro Zeus
I understand, but I meant, I want to pray Tahajjud on last third of night, so when does last third of night? I found on internet that it occurs one hour before Fajr, now I don't know how true it is.
An hour before Fajr is fine.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.