/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Questions and requests about optional prayers

Nitro Zeus
09-17-2019, 04:39 PM
Assalamu alaikum,

Are 50 voluntary prayers? If not, how many are they? Because, I want to try to offer x50 a day and night just like prophets used to do.

How to pray salatul Fatih? And what is the best time to offer salatul Fatih? How many rakaats does it have? Is it 100% true that if I offer salatul Fatih I will not enter Hell?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'Abdullah
09-17-2019, 06:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nitro Zeus
Assalamu alaikum,

Are 50 voluntary prayers? If not, how many are they? Because, I want to try to offer x50 a day and night just like prophets used to do.

How to pray salatul Fatih? And what is the best time to offer salatul Fatih? How many rakaats does it have? Is it 100% true that if I offer salatul Fatih I will not enter Hell?
Assalam O Alaikum Brother

If you don't mind, can you tell us who give you these ideas? You are trying to make things really hard for yourself and believe me it will burn you off. Islam is not just about quantity, its more about quality. We also have other rights which are equally important. Purpose of Islam is to make us better human beings and then requires us to contribute to make a better society. Praying obligatory prayers should be more than enough if we do them properly.

Now going back to your original question, I don't know any hadith or any other source which says that Prophet Muhammad PBUH used to pray 50 prayers. It will be impossible for him to do so because he was constantly preaching the message of Islam and was more often in the state of war.

You are probably mixing it with story of night journey where Prophet Muhammad PBUH has to go back several times to reduce the prayers from 50 to 5. Now let's think about it for a little. Do you think Allah did not know what will happen? He already knew that prayers will end up to be 5 only. So what is the purpose of all this story then? It shows two things:

1. If we would have to pray 50 times a day, that mean we will only be worshipping Allah all the time. This shows that even though worshipping Allah is the purpose of our lives but [raying alone is not the only way to worship Allah. Allah through this story tell us that we need to talk to Allah on personal level at least 5 times a day and then go back to deal with worldly matters and do anything being God conscious. Allah created this world for our test and it has distractions. Can we remember Allah even when we are dealing with these distractions, that's our test. Our creator knows that 5 times are more than enough for us to pray and be on right track, listen to your creator and don't make things difficult for yourself. Islam is not like Christianity where nuns and pops have to leave wordly matters all together to be a good Christians. Islam teaches us to take the middle path.

2. Followers of Muhammad PBUH are special. They are rewarded much more for small acts of worship. If we pray 5 times, that is equivalent to 50 times anyways because in Islam every act of worship has 10 times the reward. We fast for 30 days in Ramadan and hadith says if we follow that up with 6 fasts in Shawal that is equivalent to fasting whole year (36*10=360 days). If we can worship on lail al-qadr, we get reward of worship Allah for 86 years. Alhamdulillah, Islam is simple and beautiful with the right balance. Please don't over burden yourself.

Hope you get my point. Just start will obligatory prayers and if those are not enough pray Ishraq and Tahajjud. More importantly, these prayers shall change you and make you a better person. For that you need to understand Quran. In spare time, try to learn Quran and tafseer of may be 2-3 ayats per day. Be good to your neighbors, you parents, your siblings and coworkers etc.

Nitro Zeus
09-17-2019, 06:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by HabibUrrehman
Assalam O Alaikum Brother

If you don't mind, can you tell us who give you these ideas? You are trying to make things really hard for yourself and believe me it will burn you off. Islam is not just about quantity, its more about quality. We also have other rights which are equally important. Purpose of Islam is to make us better human beings and then requires us to contribute to make a better society. Praying obligatory prayers should be more than enough if we do them properly.

Now going back to your original question, I don't know any hadith or any other source which says that Prophet Muhammad PBUH used to pray 50 prayers. It will be impossible for him to do so because he was constantly preaching the message of Islam and was more often in the state of war.

You are probably mixing it with story of night journey where Prophet Muhammad PBUH has to go back several times to reduce the prayers from 50 to 5. Now let's think about it for a little. Do you think Allah did not know what will happen? He already knew that prayers will end up to be 5 only. So what is the purpose of all this story then? It shows two things:

1. If we would have to pray 50 times a day, that mean we will only be worshipping Allah all the time. This shows that even though worshipping Allah is the purpose of our lives but [raying alone is not the only way to worship Allah. Allah through this story tell us that we need to talk to Allah on personal level at least 5 times a day and then go back to deal with worldly matters and do anything being God conscious. Allah created this world for our test and it has distractions. Can we remember Allah even when we are dealing with these distractions, that's our test. Our creator knows that 5 times are more than enough for us to pray and be on right track, listen to your creator and don't make things difficult for yourself. Islam is not like Christianity where nuns and pops have to leave wordly matters all together to be a good Christians. Islam teaches us to take the middle path.

2. Followers of Muhammad PBUH are special. They are rewarded much more for small acts of worship. If we pray 5 times, that is equivalent to 50 times anyways because in Islam every act of worship has 10 times the reward. We fast for 30 days in Ramadan and hadith says if we follow that up with 6 fasts in Shawal that is equivalent to fasting whole year (36*10=360 days). If we can worship on lail al-qadr, we get reward of worship Allah for 86 years. Alhamdulillah, Islam is simple and beautiful with the right balance. Please don't over burden yourself.

Hope you get my point. Just start will obligatory prayers and if those are not enough pray Ishraq and Tahajjud. More importantly, these prayers shall change you and make you a better person. For that you need to understand Quran. In spare time, try to learn Quran and tafseer of may be 2-3 ayats per day. Be good to your neighbors, you parents, your siblings and coworkers etc.
My dad told me once that "we Muslims follow all the prophets and messengers in whatever they do". I thought that prophet Muhammad used to pray x50 before the revelation came to him, and simply because I enjoy praying and I wished for more prayed to added.

'Abdullah
09-17-2019, 08:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nitro Zeus
My dad told me once that "we Muslims follow all the prophets and messengers in whatever they do". I thought that prophet Muhammad used to pray x50 before the revelation came to him, and simply because I enjoy praying and I wished for more prayed to added.
We follow all prophets when we say la illaha illallah. We follow all prophets when we pray and fast. We follow all prophets when we keep beard and we follow all prophets when we submit to the will of God. Allah knows what is best for us and He has made 5 prayers mandatory upon us. If we ESTABLISH these five prayers, inshallah we will be in Jannah. Only other prayers we know prophet Muhammad PBUH offered regularly are prayers of Ishraq, Tahajjud and Witr. Also note that when we say offering 5 fard prayers, this mean offering just fard rakahs which are 17 in total for entire day. It is recommended to offer 12 sunnahs ( 2 in fajr, 4 before zuhr, 2 after zuhr, 2 after maghreb and 2 after isha). These are all volunteer prayers and you can pray as many nafl as you like. Just know that Allah love an act which is done on consistent basis even if it is very small. Right now you are single and probably will have some free time in hand but can you keep doing all what you are trying to commit yourself to for the rest of your life?

May Allah make it easy for us to follow Islam.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.