/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Wife brought home Rocks with Sugar/Rice?! What does this mean?

AgarioEmail
09-18-2019, 11:00 PM
Salam,
Just today, wife came from my mother-in-law's house and brought with her 3 small bowls (2 bowls have small rocks and sugar and the 3rd bowl have small rocks and rice). When I was clearing the kitchen counter, I found the plastic bag sitting on the counter and when I opened to check, I found the 3 bowls. I asked her what it is, she quickly replied that her Mom gave them to her for barakah and its from her late father (who passed away few months ago). I didn't question it and she left for work.
But now I am curious to what it is since I have never seen or heard of anything like this. Does anyone know anything about this practice?

Thank you. Jazakallah Khair.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Mandy
09-19-2019, 02:06 AM
Where are you from brother? Knowing what part of the world might help someone here answer your question.

I personally do not have any idea. (My first idea was if you have kids, well you know how kids can be!). But considering what your wife told you, it does not make sense. Why not just ask her directly?

Ahmed.
09-19-2019, 12:15 PM
:sl:

This is shirk according to hadith. There is hadith that says Prophet (sm) saw a man wearing copper bangle and asked him why he wore it, he replied it was for good health. Prophet (sm) said it will worsen his health and land him in jahannum...

To put faith in material things* as the healer or bringer of good luck is shirk so you should get rid of it

*taking medicine to cure illness is OK as this is a means to healing and we put faith in Allah to heal and not medicine itself

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.