/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Accidental backbiting and accidental lieing

Studentofdeed
09-21-2019, 05:29 AM
I worried that without knowingly I may have backbited someone. I'm normally very careful. What should one do if he is worried if he backbite someone but cant remember?

Also I talking to my mother about marriage about an old prospect, telling her that the family is shady as they do this sin openly and this sin and etc...is that backbiting and exposing their faults or is that allowed with my mother since it was for advice and marriage?

Also when narrating dreams and memories, one has to be very careful...so when I told my mother about a dream i saw or memory that i think I'm certain it occured that way...am I considered a liar if my memory might have been washed down and it was just my imagination? Because when I narrated my dream to her I was certain it was true and when I told my mom about an event, I was 75 percent sure it happened.
Please answer my question
May allah reward you all

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'Abdullah
09-24-2019, 03:52 PM
Salm Brother,

format_quote Originally Posted by Studentofdeed
I worried that without knowingly I may have backbited someone. I'm normally very careful. What should one do if he is worried if he backbite someone but cant remember?

Its very good that you are trying not to backbite. If you have done this in the past then you don't have to go and apologize to a person you backbited against because this may harm your relationship with them. Instead you should try to say good things about that person to other people in his/her absence. May Allah help us all to understand the evils of backbiting and keep us safe from it. Ameen!

Also I talking to my mother about marriage about an old prospect, telling her that the family is shady as they do this sin openly and this sin and etc...is that backbiting and exposing their faults or is that allowed with my mother since it was for advice and marriage?
It is permissible in that case to tell what you know.

Also when narrating dreams and memories, one has to be very careful...so when I told my mother about a dream i saw or memory that i think I'm certain it occured that way...am I considered a liar if my memory might have been washed down and it was just my imagination? Because when I narrated my dream to her I was certain it was true and when I told my mom about an event, I was 75 percent sure it happened.
Dreams can just be dreams or that may be a sign. Most of the dreams are the reflection of thoughts we have in our sub-conscious. If these are good dreams then you can share and ask for interpretation from those who have this knowledge but if you have bed dreams then those are from Devil and should be ignored and try to forget about those and don't share with anyone if possible. Allah knows the best!

W/Salam

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.