/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Remedy against extreme waswas?

Studentofdeed
09-24-2019, 06:24 PM
I know its kufr to disbelieve in the act of mercy of Allah. I belive in Allah and I worship, and love him. I know whatever Allah does it's the best for me. Yet how do I deal with thoughts of feeling worthless and useless. I feel like being unimportant and lose mercy in Allah like what if Allah doesnt believe me when I tell him about my problems or what if Allah wont give me what I ask...why should I be positive, my life will get worse...how can I overcome these sinful thoughts? Someone told me these are extreme forms of waswas so I can despair and stop becoming a Muslim. If these really are waswas...what adkhar or duas can I do?
Jazakallah khayran

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'Abdullah
09-24-2019, 07:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Studentofdeed
I know its kufr to disbelieve in the act of mercy of Allah. I belive in Allah and I worship, and love him. I know whatever Allah does it's the best for me. Yet how do I deal with thoughts of feeling worthless and useless. I feel like being unimportant and lose mercy in Allah like what if Allah doesnt believe me when I tell him about my problems or what if Allah wont give me what I ask...why should I be positive, my life will get worse...how can I overcome these sinful thoughts? Someone told me these are extreme forms of waswas so I can despair and stop becoming a Muslim. If these really are waswas...what adkhar or duas can I do?
Jazakallah khayran
Salam brother,

I think you are talking about two separate issues and none of this is waswasa in my opinion.

1. Feeling worthless and useless or lets call it low self-esteem in other words:

This may be due to several reasons but what you need to do is to start loving yourself. Your body and soul both has right over you. Eat good, exercise and pray to get spiritual guidance. A Muslim is always positive and if you think negative of yourself then you need to do the followings:
  1. Write down all good qualities you have.
  2. Write down some of your accomplishment.
  3. Write down few things you want to change in your life and right down how you will change those things.
  4. Write down who is important in your life and how happiness or sadness in your life affects those who love you.
  5. Write down all gifts of Allah you have received and compare those to people who has less than you have.

Now whenever you have thoughts that you are worthless try to say STOP and repel these thought and REPLACE them with good thought you have about yourself. Remind yourself of you good qualities and of your accomplishments and remind that you need to change yourself for people who care about you. Revisit your lists on daily or weekly basis and keep adding to the lists.

You also want to make sure you are busy enough not to have any thoughts. Set some goals to keep yourself busy. Exercise a lot so that you get can tire yourself to a point where you can sleep as soon as you go to bed.
Try to sleep early and wake up early.
Try to keep yourself away from social media, instead make real friends and spend time with them. Human interaction is very important.

These are just some tips, and of course you can add many more things to it.

2. Loosing hope in Allah

We human beings want to see immediate effect of our actions. When we don't see those effects then we start doubting our actions and belief system. For example, if someone announce that $10,000 will be given to those who will read their Fajr Salah in masjid in congregation. I am sure the mosques will have huge lines for Fajr prayer, people will start getting in line to pray Fajr right after Isha. No one will want to miss the Fajr or in other words $10,000. Why, probably because we have week imaan and may be also because we can see the reward of our prayer right away. We need to understand that our prayers only benefit us and Allah gets no benefit from our prayers. We also need to understand that not all of our prayers will be accepted. Love Allah from your heart and without any condition. This world is temporary and we try to find happiness, love, long and health life in this world which is not possible because we will get these things in Jannah Inshallah. Don't loose you hope in Allah. It is just a test you are going through. Stay steadfast and keep positive attitude, be patient and trust me Allah will reward you for this in this world and hereafter.

Now there are many duas you can make, I will list few and inshallah I hope you find these beneficial:

1. لَا حَوْلَ وَلَا قُوَّةَ إِلَّا بِاللَّهِ
This Dua is the medicine for 99 ailments, the least of which is depression.

2. لَا إِلَهَ إِلَّا أَنْتَ سُبْحَانَكَ إِنِّي كُنْتُ مِنَ الظَّالِمِينَ
The Qur'an states that these words were recited when Yunus (A.S.) called upon Allah from the belly of the fish.
Prophet Mohammad (S.A.W.) stated in a hadith that when any Muslim makes this dua via these words to Allah, then Allah surely accepts his duas.

3. اللَّهُمَّ رَحْمَتَكَ أَرْجُو فَلَا تَكِلْنِي إِلَى نَفْسِي طَرْفَةَ عَيْنٍ وَأَصْلِحْ شَأْنِي كُلَّهُ لَا إِلَهَ إِلَّا أَنْتَ
"O Allah, I hope for Your mercy, do not leave me for even the duration of an eye blink (duration) and correct my total condition. Besides You there is none worthy of worship".

Studentofdeed
09-24-2019, 07:50 PM
Jazakallah khayran brother. I will apply this. Please keep me in ur duas
May allah bless you with the best in both worlds

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.