/* */

PDA

View Full Version : If I dont have time at work can I recover the prayer when I get home?

Nitro Zeus
10-01-2019, 11:36 AM
Assalamu alaikum,

After 2 years, I am going to start to work at city hall in Bucharest permanently, and over there the time table is from Monday and Thursday we will start from 8 till 16:30 and at Friday from 8 till 14:00.

The problem is that between Monday and Thursdays, I will miss dhuhr and As and in Friday only dhuhr. So, am I allowed to recover the prayers when I get home? This is bidah?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
taha_
10-01-2019, 12:42 PM
Salaam brother,

Prayers is very important part of our faith. You should never miss it for sake of your work . Perhaps you could ask their authority if they can allow you to pray.. it is major sin to miss prayers. On day of judgement, the first question that Allah will ask is prayer. So we should take care of our religious matter too. Try perform voluntary prayers like wudu nafl prayer. In sha Allah, you will become better muslim in sight of your Lord.

Hope this helps you

JazakAllah

Nitro Zeus
10-01-2019, 12:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by taha_
Salaam brother,

Prayers is very important part of our faith. You should never miss it for sake of your work . Perhaps you could ask their authority if they can allow you to pray.. it is major sin to miss prayers. On day of judgement, the first question that Allah will ask is prayer. So we should take care of our religious matter too. Try perform voluntary prayers like wudu nafl prayer. In sha Allah, you will become better muslim in sight of your Lord.

Hope this helps you

JazakAllah
What if they don't allow me even if I explain them?

MazharShafiq
10-01-2019, 03:48 PM
Prayers is very important part of our faith. You should never miss it for sake of your work . Perhaps you could ask their authority if they can allow you to pray.. it is major sin to miss prayers. it is not fair to missing prayer.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
keiv
10-02-2019, 01:22 AM
While I cant give you any scholarly advice, I will say that if you work in an office environment, it’ll probably be easy for you to come to terms with your boss about it. I don’t know how it is in Romania, but in the US, people are allowed to take 5-10 minute smoke breaks on a daily basis. So if the same type of rule applies there, then that gives you plenty of time to find a place to perform salah. If not that, then use some time from your lunch break to pray the dhuhr. It shouldn’t take you that long to do.

'Abdullah
10-02-2019, 03:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nitro Zeus
Assalamu alaikum,

After 2 years, I am going to start to work at city hall in Bucharest permanently, and over there the time table is from Monday and Thursday we will start from 8 till 16:30 and at Friday from 8 till 14:00.

The problem is that between Monday and Thursdays, I will miss dhuhr and As and in Friday only dhuhr. So, am I allowed to recover the prayers when I get home? This is bidah?
Salam Brother,

As many others have suggested that you should first discuss this situation with your boss and request him/her to provide you access to a room where you can pray in your break time.
You only need to pray obligatory rakahs, that is, 4 fard for Zuhr and 4 for Asr.
If you have extra time and can pray the Sunnahs great if not then don't make it hard on yourself.
I also want to mention that Islam allows to combine prayers. You can combine zuhr with asr. You can read both zuhr and asr either at the time of zuhr or at the time of asr or at any time between zuhr and asr. I know those who follow a particular madhab (especially Hanafies) may disagree with me but I am only giving you my opinion based on Quran and Sunnah.

Let me quote few Sahih hadiths to validate my last point:

Ibn 'Abbas reported that the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) combined the noon prayer with the afternoon prayer and the sunset prayer with the 'Isha' prayer in Medina without being in a state of danger or rainfall. And in the hadith transmitted by Waki' (the words are):" I said to Ibn 'Abbas: What prompted him to do that? He said: So that his (Prophet's) Ummah should not be put to (unnecessary) hardship." And in the hadith transmitted by Mu'awiya (the words are):" It was said to Ibn 'Abbas: What did he intend thereby? He said he wanted that his Ummah should not be put to unnecessary hardship." [Sahih Muslim, Hadith # 1520]
Pay attention to the word I have bolded in hadith above. Prophet PBUH combined these prayers while he was in Medina (not travelling), there neither rain nor any fear and he (PBUH) combined prayers to tell us that we can sometimes combine these prayers to avoid unnecessary hardships. Now I understand Shias have made this a practice and Sunnies have totally rejected it because they don't want to be like Shias. It is preferred to pray prayers at their own times but Islam does allow to combine prayers if that's is easy for him/her.

Here is another hadith on the same topic from Sahih Muslim

Ibn 'Abbas reported: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) observed the noon and afternoon prayers together, and the sunset and Isha' prayers together without being in a state of fear or in a state of journey.
[
Sahih Muslim, Hadith # 1515]
On the day of Arafa, we combine Zuhr and Asr. We don't pray Maghreb in Arafa but we pray that when we reach Muzdalfa and combine that with Isha almost at mid night. And this is for all pilgrims whether they live in Makkah or are travelers.

There are several other hadith on the same topic which you can read in Sahih Muslim and Sahih Bukhari.

May Allah make us among those who understand Quran and Sunnah and guide us all to the right path! Ameen!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.