/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Where does it say in Quran that we have to use our lips, tongue and mouth for dua?

Nitro Zeus
10-01-2019, 07:00 PM
Assalamu alaikum,

My mom is a Christian and she keeps asking me to ask Allah for anything in my mind not with my mouth, tongue and lips so that people will not look at me as a freak. And I kept telling her that in Islam we have to use our tongue, mouth and lips for reciting a dua or dhikr so that it will be accepted otherwise is rejected.

Is there any proof in Quran which says we must use our mouth, tongue and lips when reciting a dua or perform dhikr? So that I can prove to my mom this, and to my father because even he does make dhikr and supplicate in his mind, so I want to show them that they were wrong and I was right about it.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'Abdullah
10-01-2019, 07:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nitro Zeus
Assalamu alaikum,

My mom is a Christian and she keeps asking me to ask Allah for anything in my mind not with my mouth, tongue and lips so that people will not look at me as a freak. And I kept telling her that in Islam we have to use our tongue, mouth and lips for reciting a dua or dhikr so that it will be accepted otherwise is rejected.

Is there any proof in Quran which says we must use our mouth, tongue and lips when reciting a dua or perform dhikr? So that I can prove to my mom this, and to my father because even he does make dhikr and supplicate in his mind, so I want to show them that they were wrong and I was right about it.
Allah Says in the Quran:

and remember your Lord within yourself (your nafs), humbly and with fear, without loudness in words in the mornings, and in the afternoons and be not of those who are neglectful. (7 : 205)
What this means that do zikr within yourself. You can move your tongue while making zikr without anyone else to even notice. I don't see why this is an issue if you do it properly?

Nitro Zeus
10-01-2019, 07:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by HabibUrrehman
Allah Says in the Quran:

What this means that do zikr within yourself. You can move your tongue while making zikr without anyone else to even notice. I don't see why this is an issue if you do it properly?
What about Ayatul Kursi, should I recited in my mind or with my mouth lips and tongue? And when making dua, should I make it with lips, tongue and mouth?

'Abdullah
10-01-2019, 08:02 PM
Your lips and tongue does move while making ziker or reciting anything from Quran but it is not very noticable.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
@strivingMuslim
10-02-2019, 12:43 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nitro Zeus
Assalamu alaikum,

Assalam Alaykum,
Actually for me and based on my tiny little but masha Allah appreciated Knowledge about this topic, I think it does matter what you use while remembering Allah, what matters the most is How often you remember Allah, I think you can remember Allah within yourself and just within your imagination, any time , any where in what so ever situation a Muslims are expected to have Allah in their mind, which is also an act of remembrance even though your mouth and lips don't have to move yet Allah sees and hears what is in the mind. You know sometimes when you feel hurt and disturbed or some things don't't seem to make sense at all or may be your broken or may be just suffering in a little way and you felt the need to talk to Allah and then your words became limited your lips gets heavy and you feel confused on where to start you can just cry it out in sujud because You don't need words to describe your feelings to Allah he sees and he hears what is in the heart he made it, he controls it so maybe sometimes words aren't really needed a sincere approach and silent and unheard words of the heart are enough. Similarly i think one can do dhikr just within His self. Allah Knows the best. Thank you.
Aisha Shehu Modibbo .[emoji307]

'Abdullah
10-02-2019, 04:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by @strivingMuslim
Assalam Alaykum,
Actually for me and based on my tiny little but masha Allah appreciated Knowledge about this topic, I think it does matter what you use while remembering Allah, what matters the most is How often you remember Allah, I think you can remember Allah within yourself and just within your imagination, any time , any where in what so ever situation a Muslims are expected to have Allah in their mind, which is also an act of remembrance even though your mouth and lips don't have to move yet Allah sees and hears what is in the mind. You know sometimes when you feel hurt and disturbed or some things don't't seem to make sense at all or may be your broken or may be just suffering in a little way and you felt the need to talk to Allah and then your words became limited your lips gets heavy and you feel confused on where to start you can just cry it out in sujud because You don't need words to describe your feelings to Allah he sees and he hears what is in the heart he made it, he controls it so maybe sometimes words aren't really needed a sincere approach and silent and unheard words of the heart are enough. Similarly i think one can do dhikr just within His self. Allah Knows the best. Thank you.
Aisha Shehu Modibbo .[emoji307]
I don’t think this is right. Below is the link to the video which hopefully will address this issues:

https://youtu.be/pOFV-GIOsp0

Nitro Zeus
10-02-2019, 09:29 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by HabibUrrehman
I don’t think this is right. Below is the link to the video which hopefully will address this issues:

https://youtu.be/pOFV-GIOsp0
Thank you very much, jazakhalakheir to all

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.