/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Advice me, parents

Noraaaa
10-03-2019, 06:33 AM
Asalam walakom,

I know it's not islamic but in our culture it's a honour to parents to kiss their hands every day. I have 2 older brothers and I and we didn't kiss our parents but our family does. So my question is how can I overcome my shame to kiss every day my parents hands and honour them. Advice, arguments?

I don't know but I feel so guilty because my brothers shout to my parents sometimes and burden them much. I want the opposite and I want to become a nur to my parents and not a burden. I do not know any other thing to do for them. I'm a girl and we can not become something big like a football hero or islamic scholar and I know I have a wish in my heart to become something for my parents or my children become a scholar for my parents so I can kind of honoring them.

I don't know I treat them so good as possible but I feel almost always sad that I make them not happy enough because my family niches they have children and a good job and their parents are proud of them.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ahmed.
10-06-2019, 08:08 AM
:wa:

Alhamdulillah you are already being respectful to your parents. If you feel shy to kiss their hands then Don't worry about it as you are showing your love and respect in other ways.

I'm sure your parents will be proud if you or one of your kids become Aalim, however it's very important that you get the intention right in doing so. Make sure you or your child intends to be an Aalim for Allah alone. The parents and grandparents being happy will be the side effect

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.