/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Fire of Enmity can be Put out by Love

MohammadRafique
10-03-2019, 06:39 AM
Attachment 6776

Fire of Enmity can be Put out by Love

By Mohammad Rafique Etesame

Islam gives the lesson of love, affection, friendship sympathy and tolerance to its believers. The entire Muslims living in any part of the world are brothers to one another’s by the thread of Islam. It is the religion that lays stress on cleanliness the hearts from hate malice, hostility, grudge and suspicious etc. The most honorable person in the sight f Islam is the one who is pious and piety. The Holly Qur’an reveals,” Lo! The noblest of you, in the sight of Allah, is the best in conduct. Lo! Allah is Knower, Aware.” (Al-Hojrat: 13)

Hazrat Anas bin Malik (R.A), a companion of the Holy Prophet (PBUH), was his attendant and lived in his service for ten years. One day the Holy Prophet (PBUH) said to him,” O my son! If you can pass your life in such a way that you have no hatred or enmity for anyone in your heart; then it is my Sunnah and who loves my Sunnah, as he loves me, and who loves me, will be with me in Paradise.” (Al-Mishkat-ul-Malabeeh).

This is the reality that the reaction of hatred becomes double. It means that, if someone abuses to other, then he tryies even to cut his tongue, and if someone gives a slap on other’s face, the he tries to break even his face and so one.

The Holy Prophet (PBUH) spread Islam by love, pardon, and toleration as the good example of his life reveals. He also put out the fire of enmity going on four hundred years among the tribes of Arab by his good morality and character. The Holy Qur’an reveals,” Verily ye have in them a goodly pattern for everyone who looks to Allah and the Last Day. And whosoever may turn away, lo! Still Allah, He is the absolute, the Owner of Praise.”

Usually, the basis of hatred and enmity is an outcome of suspicion; that is prohibited in Islam. Almighty Allah Ordains,” O ye who believe! Shun much suspicion, for lo! Some suspicion is a sin. And spy not, neither backbite one another. Would one of you love to eat the flesh of his dead brother? You abhor
that (so abhor that other)! And keep your duty (to Allah). Lo! Allah is Relenting, Merciful.” (Al-Hojorat:12)

The Holy Prophet (PBUH) said, “O you the slaves of Allah, avoid the suspicion! Because it is a false thing, and spy not to anyone, not become jealousy, nor hateful, and not have enmity in your hearts for others, and should not break the relationship with others and be the true brothers to one another’s as it is the command of Allah.

Enmity and suspicion is created by anger. So, those who suppress their anger and forgive the people are desirable persons in the sight of Islam (Al-Mishkat).
The Holy Prophet (PBUH) also said that the real wrestler is not the one who causes the other wrestler down on his back, but it is that who keeps control over his passions at the time of anger. He also said that when anyone becomes angry, if he is standing, should sit down, and if he is sitting, then he should lie down and drink water. Because anger is created by fire and fire becomes cold by water.

(Almishkat-ul-Masbeeh)
So, it is the need of time to put out the fire of enmity among us, by love and affection. May Allah Almighty Give us “Taufeeq” to do so Ameen.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.